Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on February 23, 2009, 06:57:28 PM
De La Salle (Waterford) 1-21
Cushendall (Antrim) 1-19
(After Extra-Time)

By Cóilín Duffy

However a Neil McManus score edged Cushendall into a two-point lead with three minutes remaining, but with Daniels and Phelan on target De La Salle secured extra-time at 1-14 apiece.

Haven't seen the game, but you should know better than to base your evidence on what this boy writes. My money's on 1-13 each.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 24, 2009, 03:50:22 PM
Quote from: milltown row on February 23, 2009, 06:57:28 PM
De La Salle (Waterford) 1-21
Cushendall (Antrim) 1-19
(After Extra-Time)

By Cóilín Duffy

However a Neil McManus score edged Cushendall into a two-point lead with three minutes remaining, but with Daniels and Phelan on target De La Salle secured extra-time at 1-14 apiece.

Haven't seen the game, but you should know better than to base your evidence on what this boy writes. My money's on 1-13 each.

Your money is safe then SS2, i recorded the match and checked the full time score last night. Indeed it was 1-13 each
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

There must be something in the water up the Whiterock, they seem to have problems with names, dates of births, trivial things like that..........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

I think this ban was coming to him for a number of reasons. Firstly the feile debacle staying the hotel, the over age player incident and the acutal offence itself, I think the initial ban was 24 if I am correct and this was extended on appeal.

TheDoc

St Johns could/should be punished also for allowing Johnson to give the false name of a member of St Johns club and for allowing the individual go down to Croke Park and take the punishment for Johnson.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

theskull1

Said it before .....GAA values and ethics where????

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

TheDoc

From todays IN

Antrim prepared to wait on seven Allianz National Hurling League
By Eamonn O'Hara
25/02/2009

TERENCE 'Sambo' McNaughton doesn't need to ask if the seven Cushendall hurlers who are with the county panel are in the mood to set aside their shattered All-Ireland hopes and take a crack at trying to boost Antrim's promotion chances on Sunday.

One of their key rivals, Wexford, who they took two points off at Dunloy last season, make the trek to Casement Park for a crucial second round tie in Division Two of the National League.

The Ulster champions could do with as near to a full-strength squad to draw from, but joint-manager McNaughton knows, from the bitter experience of several club semi-finals during his playing days, to ask nothing and leave the players to say when.

Neil McManus, the Cushendall star man in a thrilling game against Waterford De La Salle lost heart-breakingly after extra-time, Aaron Graffin, who wasn't far behind him in the player ratings, Sambo's son Shane, Karl McKeegan, Paddy McGill, Mickey McCambridge and Sean Delargy are the seven who could be welcomed back to the county squad this week.

If they were up for trying to work the frustration of seeing a first All-Ireland final appearance slip from their grasp by a combination of missed chances, hard luck, Bryan Phelan's sensational line ball cut for an equaliser in injury-time, a red card and some debated refereeing, well and good.

McNaughton appreciates the massive boost they would give if available for the Wexford game, but said that he and fellow manager Dominic McKinley have decided to give the playerswhatever time they feel they need.

Emotions are still raw.

Sambo said: "We are leaving it up to them. We will not be putting pressure on them either way. Woody and myself talked about it and it's entirely up to the seven players themselves when they'll join up with the squad. We will not be asking them. It will be their decision.

"After a game like that on Sunday, it's devastating for them at the minute. What a way to lose it. It was Roy of the Rovers stuff. I thought it was a brilliant game, some entertainment to be fair.

"There was everything in it but to lose another semi-final like that is devastating. Our attitude has always been that the seven players will come back when they are ready."

The management are keeping an eye on the fitness of Neil McGarry. The squad trained last night and will work out under lights at Tir na nOg tomorrow.

McGarry sustained a recurrence of an ankle injury two weeks ago but it is hoped he will be fit for selection.

Unavailable for the first round win at Down, Dunloy forward Paddy Richmond is back in the mix to face Wexford and could bolster an attack that didn't offer too much threat at Portaferry.

Antrim's attack sparked a bit with the introduction of Eddie McCloskey then. He had been troubled with an injury but is fully fit, as is Cormac Donnelly.

"The reality is the performance against Down will not do against Wexford and everyone is under no illusion about that," said Sambo.

"We are trying now to get a bit more hurling done. We haven't been able to get out on a pitch too often under lights.

"We have had problems getting clubs to allow the county squad to use their floodlit facilities.

"Creggan have been good to us but it's astroturf we are using so we need to get out on a pitch to get a bit of hurling done.

"Randalstown have given us their pitch for Thursday night, which is decent of them. Randalstown have stepped up to the plate for us."

NAG

Any suggestions for the team on sunday then?

Lecale2

Johnston sacked by Armagh according to HS.

NAG

Dont think they could do anything else, or be seen to be doing anything else.

TheDoc

Armagh confirm Johnson sacking
25 February 2009

Armagh have confirmed that Michael Johnson has been dismissed as manager of the Orchard County senior hurling team.

The St John's, Belfast clubman was hit with a 48-week touchline ban earlier this week for verbally abusing an official during a club game, and it was originally mis-reported that he would be staying on at the Orchard helm.

County secretary Paddy Nugent has clarified that hurling board chairman Paul Kelly will stay on as acting manager, with John Crossley as trainer.

Nugent also rejected Tuesday's media reports that Armagh knew their new manager was facing a ban, insisting: "As soon as we heard of this suspension, we told him that he would no longer be involved."

milltown row

no messing about with Armagh.

very tough on Janty. Armagh will struggle to get a more committed manager, and it will be their loss. they managed a draw with Derry last week

NAG

MR whats tough about it?

He is suspended and therefore unable to perform the duties of a manage and if he hadnt of spoofed and tried to have it cleared up by others then he might have got away with half the time.

theskull1

Is that what is deemed as "acceptable" in the GAA up in Belfast milltown?  :-\

Maybe Armagh have put principles ahead of any measure of the worth that that individual would be to their future success. A correct descision IMO.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on February 25, 2009, 06:15:51 PM
Is that what is deemed as "acceptable" in the GAA up in Belfast milltown?  :-\

Maybe Armagh have put principles ahead of any measure of the worth that that individual would be to their future success. A correct descision IMO.

Doubt principles came into it and he got the road simply because he couldn't lead the team effectively from behind the wire. I'd have been shocked if he had been kept on.