Down

Neill McAuley
Antrim

Joey Scullion
Antrim

Colm Duffin
Antrim

Does anyone else think this team is laughable? Looks like a who available squad

Does anyone care? This competitiin has been so devalued over the last while that it has been ridiculous and our managers have to take some of the blame in this when selecting the recent squads and players who hadnt even represented the county in that year.

Minder

As i said earlier there will be more players on the pitch than supporters in the ground. The Railway Cup should be put out of its misery.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

I actually think it is a disgrace to run it the same weekend as the club semi finals, the clubs are the corner stone of the association and we should be promoting them as much as we can not adding any type of competition in one of the clubs big weekends.

leroy brown

Thanks THE COLONEL, I was under the impression that the cushendall v DLS game was NOT on tv.  Deferred coverage you say?

I thought- TG4 were showing - Ballyhale V Portumna, with then deferred coverage of Corofin v Kilmacud in the football.

TheDoc

Saturday, 21.02.2009
14:00   GAA Beo
Live and deferred coverage of Corofin (Galway) v Kilmacud Crokes (Dublin) and Dromcollogher-Broadford (Limerick) v Crossmaglen Rangers (Armagh) in the AIB All-Ireland Club Football Semi-Finals. Presented by Micheál Ó Domhnaill with commentary by Brian Tyers and Gearóid Mac Donncha.

Sunday, 22.02.2009
14:00   GAA Beo
Live and deferred coverage of Portumna (Galway) v Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny) and De La Salle (Waterford) v Cushendall (Antrim) in the AIB All-Ireland Club Hurling Semi-Finals. Presented by Micheál Ó Domhnaill with commentary by Brian Tyers and Mac Dara Mac Donncha.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

TheDoc

[/quote]
fancy ourselves? sure Rasharkin and St Pauls hammered us last year and Clooney Gaels should have beaten us along with Carey Faughs. looking to stay up this year and take it from there
[/quote]

I was thinking more about the intermediate championship, with dropping down and already 2 matches away from the final.

leroy brown

NAG

Any body got the betting the for the wkends semi final,

Id say bad bad leroy is that confident in a cushendall defeat he should be offering good odds!

imtommygunn

I think the football is on Saturday. I'm guessing it's working on the same basis as one live / one deferred too.

leroy brown

The bookies are also cofident of a Cushendall hammering they were offering 15/2,
Evens for a 9 point deficit!

My views on Cushendalls "prima donas" "pansies" are well know.  They are a big fish in the small antrim pond.  Some of their players have no guts when challenged...Read my assessment v Loughrea, and individual players.  Most players are "past it" but the Achilles heel of cushendall is the ball-less and gutless forwards. 

All will be revealed on sunday.  ;D

milltown row

what bookies is giving that price Leroy?

Minder

Is it true that the ex St Johns manager is serving a monster ban at the minute, i heard this the other day that he was caught telling porkies at a disciplinary meeting. Dunno if this is old news or not........Anyone know anything about this great mystery?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on February 20, 2009, 09:46:09 PM
Is it true that the ex St Johns manager is serving a monster ban at the minute, i heard this the other day that he was caught telling porkies at a disciplinary meeting. Dunno if this is old news or not........Anyone know anything about this great mystery?

tell minder, or pm

which incident was it?

milltown row

i see magill is also out for 48 weeks. was only ever red carded once. playing bloody football, should f*cking ban that sport ;)

TheDoc

I think Magill got off

QuoteAntrim dual star Michael Magill has expressed his relief that he escaped a possible 48 week because of an administrative error.

Magill came under scrutiny by the Association after it emerged that his transfer to London club Parnell's may not have been processed properly.

"I am relieved it is all over," said Magill. "The (London football) manager was on to me but I don't think I will be playing.

"I want to get on with enjoying the game playing with the club."