Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Well he was reffing matches last year that were well above his ability therefore IMO he is being pushed. I have one bone of contention with our refs and it goes across the board, we have an inability to spot a dangerous foul and never even blow them but when it comes to the technical or petty foul they are all over it.

This is something I have spoke about on here a number of times and I am hoping to see an improvement this year but I honestly doubt it.

milltown row

The dark knight, tread carefully as you could be banned. as for management, I've been managing teams at the club for several years, whats your point?

I'm at a disadvantage here, you sound and get on like a teacher in a local school maybe La Salle, again maybe too much time on your hands but sure..... lets hope your not who i think ya are ;)

as for the S................. who da Fcuk are ya talking about?  Speedy? talking to him on Saturday last and he never mentioned it

as for refereeing this year i've too much on my plate. maybe next year

The Dark Knight

Sorry NAG who are talking about Garrett or Speedy?

The Dark Knight

MR are you a moderator also, why should i be banned? have i broken any rules ;)

NAG

I was talking about speedy!

Garrett has the makings of a good ref if he would stopping listening to the hype about him and watch a few more games of hurling.

milltown row

Quote from: The Dark Knight on February 16, 2009, 04:25:07 PM
MR are you a moderator also, why should i be banned? have i broken any rules ;)

8. Joining up to cause trouble, or to annoy people.
   Occasionally, some people join the board simply to post something abusive, or to 'flame' the board. These people are generally easy to spot (see the F365 invasion last
   year) and have no real interest in the GAA Board. Also some people, who have been banned permanently, rejoin under different usernames and continue with the
   behaviour that led to the ban. By tracking

The Dark Knight

Thanks for that MR, i don't believe i have been abusive in any way, i am here as a current ref to help guide and contribute on all that is positive on the board, check my postings to date!

Nag you may be right, i have never got that impression of him. Owen Elliott, and Ray matthews are also beginning to rise within the national arena also, it would be great to see the 3 antrim lads get a fair crack, its been a long time since tommy got his just rewards, hopefully 1 of the lads at least will do the same and we can hopefully only benefit from there experience gained at national level, although in antrim we still lack the physicality i think, and until that is allowed to come back into our club games we will struggle, hopefully cushendal will give the la salle boys all they want. Good luck to them

Last Man

Lads, I hope to take our U12s down to the C'dall game on Sunday, any of yous know an accomadating club we might arrange a match with on the way down on Sunday morning.

milltown row

Quote from: Last Man on February 16, 2009, 05:09:05 PM
Lads, I hope to take our U12s down to the C'dall game on Sunday, any of yous know an accomadating club we might arrange a match with on the way down on Sunday morning.

vincents across the road from parnell probably closest. walking distance.
Craobh chiarain have their clubhouse at parnell park but their pitch is about a mile up the road. still local enough.
O Tooles are about a mile away on the malahide rd , 10 min drive to parnell park.
na fianna on mobhi road about a 15 min drive away.

all of them are quite local.

was going to do the same Last man, got this off indiana. not going to bother now.

groundlie

Quote from: NAG on February 16, 2009, 09:04:28 AM
I think we will just have to ignore another eejit that has inflicted himself on us!

Any reports from the match at the weekend?

Jayysus lads you's are a fairly sensitive bunch!

Up the Torywagners!

Last Man

leroy brown

DLS are Munster champs, they will beat cushendall by 10 points.

Cushendalls best chance was v Loughrea, but their forwards did not have "the balls".  One got a phantom leg or foot injury, another who was just back from injury was put on his arse by no 6.  Another tried and tried to lift the ball rather than pass, until he lifted it over the end line.  It is the same forwards that will face DLS, and it is the same forwards that will fail on sunday.

imtommygunn

More useful constructiveness from you Leroy  ::)

What's up - you jealous o them?

JamesH

Oh Leroy, you childish little man, i will be in Parnell on Sunday supporting the the club i love watching my friends hurl, something they have put so much into all their days and i will be as proud as punch win lose or draw, but jealous muppet, like you are an embarrsment to the gaa. I lot of other poeple will be down supporting us and when another club represents Antrim i for  one will be there supporting them, will you? or is it the ruairis you don't like?

leroy brown

Glad to hear JamesH you will be proud of your culchie friends when they lose on sunday, and lose they will.

On the 22nd I will remind you of my predictions, especially my assessment of your team.  ;D