Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesH

The team will not or resembled the team that you seem to be talking about, you didn't even get the spine correct. What hurling credentials do you posses to even comment on our team?

Wee Kevin is a good man, takes no shit and tha boys will do it his way or it will  be the highway, Young Andy is also a good lad He spent a lot of time in Cushendall when he was younger and would be popular with the young lads a sort of good cop sort of thing going on.

wbgaa1885

Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2009, 01:01:13 PM
Quote from: the colonel on February 13, 2009, 12:37:10 PM
good appointments for the minor jobs in kevin mcnaughton and andrew mccallin. seems like waiting a while brought out a good pairing.

Was it not more a case that nobody wanted it?

Very Negative Minder, very negative indeed!  Seeing your wife is now off your hands, (jaesus has'nt she got sense!) why dd you not apply for the vacant job?
Mol an óige agus Tiochfaidh sí.

Cleachtadh a dhéannan maistreacht.

wbgaa1885

Quote from: the colonel on February 13, 2009, 12:37:10 PM
good appointments for the minor jobs in kevin mcnaughton and andrew mccallin. seems like waiting a while brought out a good pairing.

Is that the Naomh Eoin - Andy McCallion, the poison dwarf?  Anybody but a St. John's man, sure the rest of the minors in the county won't get a look in.  Thay are like that ya know!

wbgaa1885

Just a thought for discussion guys.  Whats the general feeling on the standard ofreferring in the county from a hurling perspective?  I have been watching games very closely this last few years and have differing views on what I have seen.

1. Are we recruiting enough referees within the county and are clubs doing their bit in putting names forward for refere training?

2. Is the standard of refereeing trainiong in tyhe county up to standard?

3. Who in your honest opinons are the good referees within the county?  My selection would be as follows in terms of fitness and competence:

1. Liam McAuley
2. Owen Elliot
3. Garret Duffy
4. Eugene McHugh
5. Ray Mathews
6. Tommy McIntyre
7. James McSparran
8. Pat McCaffrey
9. Davy McGrath

4. Is it likely, other than Tommy McIntyre, do any of the above haver the potential to get to the big stage, i.e. All Ireland Hurling Final?

5. Do are referees tend to let the play flow, instead of blowing for fairly trivial fouls?

6. Are our referees fit, able to keep up with play, and fully conversant with the rules and their interpretation.

Just a though for some meaningful discussion.  I think there individuals here always quick to criticise.

what do you think?

wbgaa1885

Quote from: johnneycool on February 12, 2009, 01:45:05 PM
Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 11, 2009, 07:48:34 PM
Hi JohnnyCool, a chara.

Before the Queenie fella gets offended, I think you should change your 'avatar' he may take offence at it and give ya a lecture. Ya know, the war is over now, we are all gods children and all that.  The Johnnies, Rossa, Ra, Provos, INLA, Sticks, IRSPs, Shinners, St. Galls and Lamh Dhearg, sure we are all mates know dont ya know!

God bless you my son!

If you can't put up the Norn Iron first minister on your avatar who can you put up?

That could not be Martin McGuinNess. 1. He looks sensible.  2. His face is washed. 3. He has not got his new Baulmer suit on.  4. Marting McGuinness does not have guns and is not in the Ra.

Just counld'nt be!

wbgaa1885

Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 13, 2009, 08:12:12 PM
Just a thought for discussion guys.  Whats the general feeling on the standard ofreferring in the county from a hurling perspective?  I have been watching games very closely this last few years and have differing views on what I have seen.

1. Are we recruiting enough referees within the county and are clubs doing their bit in putting names forward for refere training?

2. Is the standard of refereeing trainiong in tyhe county up to standard?

3. Who in your honest opinons are the good referees within the county?  My selection would be as follows in terms of fitness and competence:

1. Liam McAuley
2. Owen Elliot
3. Garret Duffy
4. Eugene McHugh
5. Ray Mathews
6. Tommy McIntyre
7. James McSparran
8. Pat McCaffrey
9. Davy McGrath

4. Is it likely, other than Tommy McIntyre, do any of the above haver the potential to get to the big stage, i.e. All Ireland Hurling Final?

5. Do are referees tend to let the play flow, instead of blowing for fairly trivial fouls?

6. Are our referees fit, able to keep up with play, and fully conversant with the rules and their interpretation.

Just a though for some meaningful discussion.  I think there individuals here always quick to criticise.

what do you think?

Apologies about the spellings, I am having a senior refereeing moment!

Minder

You must be drinking if you have any of the refs ahead of Tommy Mc Intyre. Especially Eugene Mc Hugh,all my humble opinion of course.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

leroy brown

Quote from: JamesH on February 13, 2009, 03:15:30 PM
The team will not or resembled the team that you seem to be talking about, you didn't even get the spine correct. What hurling credentials do you posses to even comment on our team?

Does Cushendall team have a spine?  Well your forwards have none.  DLS backs to clean up. i hear Carson is full forward, or the 1st sub to be used.  Has he not got a pension? 
Wait and see.  My assessment of your prima donas WILL be correct on 22nd.  i did not even give an assessment of your astute, tactically aware, mensa-like, management.   
  DLS by 7-8 points.

wbgaa1885

Quote from: Minder on February 13, 2009, 09:16:34 PM
You must be drinking if you have any of the refs ahead of Tommy Mc Intyre. Especially Eugene Mc Hugh,all my humble opinion of course.

Hi Minder

I don't drink at all, not good for the aul liver and belly.  By the look of some of them referees, they could loose a few pounds of the bellies also. Wada ya mean about Eugene, he is a good guy, honest, lets the game flow a little fairly well up in the rules also.  Sure Tommy is past it now, last I heard he was hanging the aul boots up. If ya look at some of them other boyo's, especially the city fellas, they could learn a thing or two from the bold Eugene.

I am a retired referee's committee person and know a good hurling referee when I see one.

wbgaa1885

I reckon Owen Elliot is shaping up nicely also and doing a good job.  Great performance in last years semi-final.  He really did let the game flow, (with a little blood, I may add).  But it was a good performance for a Ballymena boyo!

Any new up and coming referees in the city?  Hopefully they will be a bit younger and fitter, not like the current Grecian 2000/roolly polly brigade.  I hear there is a fellla called O'Reilly,  I think his name is, making great in-roads.  Have you heard of him?  What club is he with.  He is one I have not seen referee yet.  But I belive there is great potential with him.

Minder

The one thing i will say in Eugenes favour compared to some of our "brightest prospects" is he does not crave being the centre of attention.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

wbgaa1885

Totally agree Minder.  Some of them other boyos, are really full of themselves and really love hugging the limelight.  Would'nt it be great if some young, up and coming referee came into play and blew some of these boyos into oblivion?  I think it would be great also if we got a half decent Hurling referee from St. John, Cushendall and Dunloy.  I think that would really set things on fore in some of the local derbies.  e.g  Balyycastle v Dunloy with a Dall referee.  St. galls. V lamh Dhearg with a St. Johns referee.  Would there be fireworks or not?

wbgaa1885

Feel like I have F****** Alzheimmers here, Feck*** talking to meself!  This message board is bit lifeless.  Aaaahhhh, ye are all out on the feck*** drink.  Must be all referees and stressed school teachers.

The Dark Knight

Minder who would crave the limelight and what do you base your opinions on? Owen, Ray, Tommy, Liam and Garrett are now all National Referees, tommy of course has been a long established representative at this level, i speak of hurling of course. Football would be Gregory, Raymond and patrick, with Owen Quinn no pushing hard to make the list.

Ray and Garrett played to the end of the career before refereeing, Liam Tommy and Owen finished very early, the same can be said of Gregory Raymond and patrick. All the National guys have to pass what is now a very tough fitness test conducted at DCU, so WBGAA1885 your comments are a little idiotic and if you are a past committee member you should have known this. Garrett and Raymond last year from what i believe  a fantastic year with some of their appointments, and long may it continue for all our National guys, they get Little opportunity as it is.

Again Minder, seriously who craves it and what are you basing it on. As i said don,t want to get into a mud slinging match but the guys take enough abuse and hassle from all sides of what is a thankless task! Constructive criticism is good and i am sure all the lads are open minded enough to take any positives on board. And seriously WBGAA1885 i would change the avatar, you probably find yourself being sanctioned in some way in the not to distant future, just some friendly advice.

milltown row

Christ i take the wife and kids away for a luxurious break and the shite being talked here reminds me of a time some arse was banned