Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Certainly makes for an interesting match up be interesting to see the DLS team and if they make any adjustments for Cushendall. IMO they are one of the weaker teams to have come out of munster in a few years, thats not to knock their achievement of winning Munster just being realisitc.

Minder

I think people see DLS as weaker because they dont have the history or tradition of competing in Munster finals, All Ireland Semis. If the Cork team that Cussen played for, forget their name or Toomevara came out of Munster people would be saying Cushendall have no hope. It is crazy to underestimate a team that navigated its way through a notoriously tough Waterford championship then a Munster Championship.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Well a munster team should never be underestimated. They've came out of a strong hurling county and out of an even stronger province. They'll be difficult to beat and should be favourites - strong favourites. An Ulster team will never be even close to favourites against a munster team unless it's kerry.

Cushendall - if they're prepared right and have the belief in themselves can win it though. I think so, well hope so, anyway.

They're definitely a bit short in the forwards but that defense is as strong as nearly any club team round and can hopefully carry them through.

youbetterbelieveit

Cussen plays for Sarsfields.

johnneycool

Quote from: wbgaa1885 on February 11, 2009, 07:48:34 PM
Hi JohnnyCool, a chara.

Before the Queenie fella gets offended, I think you should change your 'avatar' he may take offence at it and give ya a lecture. Ya know, the war is over now, we are all gods children and all that.  The Johnnies, Rossa, Ra, Provos, INLA, Sticks, IRSPs, Shinners, St. Galls and Lamh Dhearg, sure we are all mates know dont ya know!

God bless you my son!

If you can't put up the Norn Iron first minister on your avatar who can you put up?

leroy brown

Quote from: milltown row on February 11, 2009, 06:45:43 PM

against Loughrea the Dall were unfortunate with injuries and some inexperience players on board. but they should be better for it. think DLS will think they just have to turn up. that may be an advantage

Against loughrea a number of the Dall forwards had no balls.
One player had a leg injury in the 1st half- was this a real injury? (answer-No).  Another player selfishly lifted the ball over the line, rather than pass to the unmarked shane mc naughton.
The dall will be hammered against dls.
Dunloy, ballycastle, Rossa, and of course Loughgiel have all made the all ireland final.  Come on dls, hammer those arrogant culchies.

The Dark Knight

Just signed up guys thought id give it a go, have,nt decided on a avatar yet, and to stop everyone guessing i am an active referee!!! Maybe i could help some of you through the course of the season, please don,t hold that against me, some of us have to do it. Will not be getting caught up in all the B******* that can go on, if i feel its worth contributing to and its constructive i will, and no im not the doc! Keep me right MR

JamesH

Leroy, what an arse you seem to be already. How could you tell if anyone was injured or not, surely the management would have known better than a mouth like yourself. Were you at the match? Perhaps as the likes of Neill as he would say himself had more experience we would have had more scores out of him. Shane you idiot was next to Declan our biggest as our main injury as he got injured the week before in training and along with Emmett this took three players out of our already small panel. The boys have been were you'll never be. What club do you hail from? What reason do you'll call us arrogant? it seems to me that whoever comes from North Antrim and wins the county title is an arrogant culcie in the minds of some Belfast people, Why? pure jealousy. get a life an visit the Hoganstand.

NAG

What coaching background has the latter in the partnership got?

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on February 13, 2009, 12:37:10 PM
good appointments for the minor jobs in kevin mcnaughton and andrew mccallin. seems like waiting a while brought out a good pairing.

Was it not more a case that nobody wanted it?

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on February 13, 2009, 01:15:19 PM
andy has been involved with st johns underage teams for quite a few years as far as i know milltown might be able to confirm more. always came across as a nice fella when i met him.

for minor managers to work you always need one NA man and one SA man as the divisonal structure means you don't see all the players from the other divison. good to see kevin getting involved again. too good of a man to not be used

Colonel - Has Kevin ever managed Cushendall seniors?

NAG

Not that I can think of Minder, he wouldnt be the most popular around Cushendall from what I hear in the past although the group that he coached underage would now be the backbone of the senior team.

leroy brown

Like I said, the Dall have no balls.  They are losers.
I will predict result-and when game is over i will copy this message to say "told you so".
DLS to win by 7-8 points.

My opinion of their team- keeper (name-escapes me)-hot and cold. full back line-delargey-hot and cold, scullion-good, under rated. graffin-good.
half backs-mc cambridge-past it, mc manus- hot and cold. Elliott-good
Midfiield-mc naughton-gives away too many frees, lazy.  mc keegan-past it.
3/4 forwards- A delargey-past it. mc killop-hot and cold. magill-hot and cold, lazy.
full forward-mc naughton-can be vey good, easily put off by a hard defender. mc cambridge-past it  no 15 (name escapes me)-no good.

In my opinion-backs are okay, forwards have no scoring treat.

NAG

Colonel I was going back a while so might be wrong if I am hands up.

Leroy what balls are you talking here?
If you have a decent contribution to make then make it. If you dont know the players to name then you shouldnt really be commenting on them. Do your homework before you start mouthing off.

Two Hands FFS

Looks like Leroy has a dislike for Cushendall....if he doesnt rate the county champions then I'd wouldnt like to think what he thinks of the rest of the teams in the county.

Any ideas of what kind of minor team will we have?? Guessing that we wouldnt be that strong.

Very quiet on here about the Down match this Sunday. Should be winning but Down will be pretty tricky at home.