Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: aontroim on December 12, 2008, 07:53:01 AM
http://antrim.gaa.ie/news/details/?id=1373 - link to the County Chairman's Speech from Convention on Wednesday.  Big warning about not taking Dublin for granted in the Leinster C'ship.

How in the name of God would we be in a position to take Dublin for granted ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sail_in

QuoteHow in the name of God would we be in a position to take Dublin for granted ?

He doen't actually say that, or anything like that:

From the Chairman's Address:

QuoteIn hurling, a consistent performance in what is now a better structured league is required, but I want to caution against any expectations in the championship against Dublin. Dublin hurling is far more advanced in their development than Antrim. The expectation and sense of anticipation must rest with them in a Croke Park that will be packed with the hungry "Jacks". The Glensmen will be the underdogs against an Anthony Daly led Dubs, let there be no doubt about it.

Arthur_Friend

"high enough to beat youse   hey and i felt really high when you were lying on the ground with a wee blankey over ya waiting on the ambulance   christ had a stitch in my belly after eating all the grub upstairs waiting for you to get off the pitch"

Its best not to take any chances where a staved thumb is concerned.  :D

milltown row

nothing much on this while back, have all the clubs had their AGM's? we had ours on Sunday. same old shite. anything interesting come from our antrim clubs, any major Motions passed or shafted for another year? and attendances we had 75 at ours. whats the norm?

milltown row

was yours not the week before?  see a load a cars at the club sunday last

Last Man

We had ours  2 weeks ago, I'm embarrassed to say 38 people, the commitee, Juv hurling mentors, a couple of hurlers and footballers and the social club faction there of course to make sure we don't close the bar but god forbid you get them to do anything useful in the club, "sure we are too busy buying drink". The best line I heard was that some coaches time would be better spent administrating than coaching, there's vision for you. ::)

milltown row

38 is poor enough turn out Last Man, i thought our turn out was poor :o

i've loads doing at the club but could not commit to being on the committee. thankless task

Lecale2

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2008, 08:12:49 PM
This belter was heard at an AGM once. No names.

"The camogs should be made to pay for the use of the pitch for training and matches."

When questioned on why the camogs should when the hurlers and footballers don't have to, the person replied, "Aye but at least the hurlers and footballers go into the club and buy a couple of pints after training and matches."

As you can imagine, it didn't go down very well.

I don't see the problem with that myself Hardstation.

Last Man

I agree Milltown, but I would say that a lot more people including yourself in your club contribute something where a few have to do it all in ours. A bit of success makes it easier up to point, they'd be cueing up to bask in the glory no doubt if it came our way. The johnnies will be making sure that doesn' t happen though. (Meaning the juveniles of course)

milltown row

too few doing so many jobs, it happens in all clubs last man. we just have more things to look after

milltown row

oh by the way, the senior hurling team is currently looking a senior Manager? any thoughts on this? would like some ideas. sensible ones Hardstation please :P

Tony Baloney

Quote from: sail_in on December 12, 2008, 10:10:40 AM
QuoteHow in the name of God would we be in a position to take Dublin for granted ?

He doen't actually say that, or anything like that:

From the Chairman's Address:

QuoteIn hurling, a consistent performance in what is now a better structured league is required, but I want to caution against any expectations in the championship against Dublin. Dublin hurling is far more advanced in their development than Antrim. The expectation and sense of anticipation must rest with them in a Croke Park that will be packed with the hungry “Jacks”. The Glensmen will be the underdogs against an Anthony Daly led Dubs, let there be no doubt about it.
Aye Minder don't let the truth get in the way of yet another attack on Dr McSparran.

NAG

Time for the Christmas 2008 awards?

Best Player?

Best Score?

Best Tackle?

(mainly from the antrim scene but will accept others if they are up to scratch, feel free to add your own criteria)

Tony Baloney

That's a good win for the gorts today. Anyone at it?

milltown row

Was at the match Tony, first half was great considering the conditions. Gorts blew them out of the water, going 6 up at half time. two goals one well taken and the other a clanger from the Emmets keeper. 2-4 to 0-4

half time and Gorts failed to score till the 60th minute. the Gorts goal keeper was sent of for a what can only be described as a karate kick on the ex Gorts player Sean Quinn. straight red. Emmets leveled the game on 60 minutes and looked as if they were going to win. but a hopeful punt into the goal area keeper caught the ball and then threw it into his net, gorts then score 3 more to win by 6. strange game. Gorts need to improve for the 25th of Jan. Blarney from Cork will be tougher.

fair play Gorts