Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Should the question not be, why is this happening with loughgiel being involved again?

Is there something wrong within the club that this lack of discipline rears its head all to often?

MrT

I Dont know NAG whats wrong, buts that was a small section of the fans that let us down at the weekend, probably the same ones that are always at something at matches.  We'll have to see what county do, because i imagine they will have to do something.

NAG

Mr T, Im honestly not getting at you or the loughgiel club in general, but you would have to admit yourself that there has been loads of talent through that club in the last twenty years and have achieved nothing on the main scene ie Senior Level.

My thought on it is that, as soon as something starts to go wrong that the players just return to type and 'hit anything that moves' kind of attitude. I dont know if this is being coached into them or what but it does seem strange that different groups under different managements have ended up with this kind of record.

any ideas what it is?

johnneycool

Quote from: MrT on November 18, 2008, 01:55:03 PM
I Dont know NAG whats wrong, buts that was a small section of the fans that let us down at the weekend, probably the same ones that are always at something at matches.  We'll have to see what county do, because i imagine they will have to do something.

That tournament used to be run by Ballinascreen but sanctioned by the Ulster council and with all the games still played in Ballinascreen i'd assume that's still the case. Ultimately then the Ulster council are still responsible for any actions metered out to both clubs but i suppose a lot will depend on the referee's report and ref's aren't inclined to report a lot of the 'post game' activities.

As for that minor tournament itself, it's a good tournament and hopefully it won't be ruined by moronic adults. The pitch at screen is always fairly heavy going at this time of year which lends itself more to a 'mollocker' than the light hurlers. Our lads won it maybe 6 or 7 years ago and we'd a fairly big team who could handle the gutters, beating winkers Loughgeile and the hinphey's dungiven along the way and that was with big Magic doing goals as he'd never played outfield until a year later.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: NAG on November 18, 2008, 02:10:21 PM
Mr T, Im honestly not getting at you or the loughgiel club in general, but you would have to admit yourself that there has been loads of talent through that club in the last twenty years and have achieved nothing on the main scene ie Senior Level.

My thought on it is that, as soon as something starts to go wrong that the players just return to type and 'hit anything that moves' kind of attitude. I dont know if this is being coached into them or what but it does seem strange that different groups under different managements have ended up with this kind of record.

any ideas what it is?

NAG, would assume Mr T is a Gorts man from some of his previous posts. No?

imtommygunn

That's what I thought.

My comment to Billy was not about what has or hasn't happened. I simply assumed Mr T maybe had a more objective viewpoint...

MrT

Quote from: NAG on November 18, 2008, 02:10:21 PM

any ideas what it is?

Naw lads, am from loughgiel :)
dont worry NAG am not sayn you are.
yes we have had very talented hurlers right through underage, but as you say we cant keep that talent running through to the big time.
I have no doubt that loughgiel on sunday just could not take the fact they were the 2nd best team, but i can tell you, dirtyness is not drilled into them, especialy from that set of mentors.
Maybe at that age they are tryn to show their "tightness" but they are not told to do that.  I know that for a fact.

milltown row

I was confused also "lads"  but there is two MrT's on this board, one spelt MrT and the other Mr_T

theskull1

Quote from: milltown row on November 18, 2008, 07:06:41 PM
I was confused also "lads"  but there is two MrT's on this board, one spelt MrT and the other Mr_T

Teachin' fools some basic rules!
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Fairhead

I watched the Ballinascreen u14 team 4 years ago win the Ulster Feile Div 1 title easily against C'dall and they were a really good team. They have obviously worked hard since then so not surprised to hear that they beat Loughgiel in this years minor grade. Pity L'giel unable to take defeat graciously considering the comments from people at it who said that it wasn't actually a controversial or dirty game and only got out of hand in injury time.

Tony Baloney

QuotePity L'giel unable to take defeat graciously considering

Loughgiel in ungracious defeat shocker! Maybe the juvenile players aren't as used to it as the seniors yet. Give them time.

JamesH

Just hearing all the stories from the minor match, it seems that it was as bad as everyone says. You don't mess with the Derry men and expect to get away with it. The no20 everyone  is talking about would be a hefty brother of loughgiels county centre half back. Another player already on a suspension entered the field along with his rocket father and got involved( a clue, Duffy's circus gave him two yellows in last years minor final and let him stay on, and he then got a straight red in the replay. nice fellow) It will be intresting to see if Decky Magee seen anything worth reporting. They should get a grip it is only a tournament after all.

PlayWithTheWind

Anyone know what kind of turnout was at Creggan last night?
Any new faces, such as boys who went to the trials?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

JamesH

For what? surely not county collective training in a gym.

Two Hands FFS

I think it was meant to be for the Antrim gfootball thread, Abtrim footballers had a trial last night.