Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on November 16, 2008, 11:09:40 PM
It wasnt my decision ! As usual Tosh left his wallet in the house.

I hope he hasn't cashed those cheques from Down yet, assuming you're talking about johnny!

tonesfirstandlast

Serious allegations about Loughguile minors on the Derry thread- I was alwys of the opinion that Loughguile was a proud hurling club.

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on November 17, 2008, 11:50:08 AM

I hope he hasn't cashed those cheques from Down yet, assuming you're talking about johnny!

Aye i am,If he had of been paid in cash it would have went into a wee tin with his communion & confirmation money
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on November 17, 2008, 11:54:40 AM
Serious allegations about Loughguile minors on the Derry thread- I was alwys of the opinion that Loughguile was a proud hurling club.

What are the allegations? That all the players arrived to the game in a tractor and linkbox?

Maximus Marillius

Quotebilly the kid

Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #15477 on: Today at 11:34:19 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was at the Minor Hurling game and I have to say it def wasnt a dirty game but the Antrim lads lost the plot in the injury time when they knew they were beat. they had 3 lads sent of and were starting fights all over the pitch near the end, (which their supporters were encouraging by cheering them and telling lads to "get f**king in there and sort them c***ts out". A screen lad also got the line and deserved it for striking but in his defence it was for hitting back at 2 of the antrim lads who both attacked him at once during a scuffle but striking is striking so no complaints.

A couple of Screen lads did get badly split and there was alot of off the ball pulling in the final moments including our Full back getting pulled across the chest on our 14 when we were actually attacking their goal with the ball about their 45. While our full back was down injured the Full forward started on 1 of the corner backs who was about half his size and when play stopped at the other end the Antrim players and subs all sprinted the length of the field to try and get involved in what had basically been Handbags.  The louhguile supporters were not helpful as everytime one of their players pulled a late stroke or pulled on a man of the ball he was widely cheered and encouraged to do so again. Every time there was a scuffle they were up of their seats and a small number of yo-cals kept approaching the pitch fence only having to be told to return to their seats about 3/4 times in last 10 minutes of additional time. 

There was a bit of a scuffle after the game started by the Louhguile No. 20 doing a flying kung-f* type kick into the Screen corner backs chest when the screen man actually approached him with his hand out to shake hands as he was leaving the pitch. He then proceeded to stamp on him on the ground this brought a very sickening large cheer from their supporters and like a nice brave boy he then ran off and proceeded to Kung-f* kick the Screen manager in the middle of the back when he was shaking hands with their manager, and knocked the Screen manager to the ground. Again this brought a very large cheer from their supporters. Both these incidents happened right in front of me, and I mean I wasnt even 10 yards away.

At this point the Louhguile supporters all started to try and enter the field to fight with the Screen players and management, but thankfully the stewarts managed to get all the Screen players off the pitch and down the tunnel thus protecting them, from grown men, and strangely women also, who were trying to attack them.

No screen players were involved in the after match scuffle and the management were only involved in trying to restore order as stewarts quickly surrounded them as some supporters scaled the fence.

With the Screen players now of the field the Supporters that had made it on to the field and the louhguile players were trying to attack the Screen management and anyone else they could get their hands on but thankfully their were plenty of stewarts and a few calm heads on the louhguile side also, which diffused the situation quickly before it could escalate.

I have to say I have never seen supporters so wound up and so filled with hatred. Some of the stuff they were shouting at the ref at the screen lads was some of the most abusive I have ever heard and the instructions being shouted at their own players like "do that wee f**ker" "take him out" and "take his F**king hand off were a total disgrace.  I know Louhguile have a reputation for this type of thing but I honestly couldnt believe how vile and hate filled their supporters were it was the type of reaction youd get breaking into 'the fields of Athenry' in at Ibrox as Barry Ferguson was about to hit a penalty.

The game was a good game and def wasnt dirty, it was a tough Ulster SF between 2 pretty even teams going flat out to reach the Final. The Louhguile players had played well but couldnt score from play and found themselves  3 points down with normal time up and thats when they began to show a very ugly side to their game. 

bredaghgael86

Jesus, that minor match sounds like a mad one alrite.  Any loughguile people there to confirm or deny this report?

Glensman

Teachtaire

That match sounds like the rossa v loughgile minor semi final replay up in dunloy a brave few years ago - would it be as much as 10 years ago?

Anyway, there was murder that night and the loughgile supporters came over the fence.

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on November 17, 2008, 11:55:57 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on November 17, 2008, 11:50:08 AM

Aye i am,If he had of been paid in cash it would have went into a wee tin with his communion & confirmation money

Sure jingo will make sure he's enough soup and sandwiches to tide him over during the recession.

NAG

Good to see loughgiel sticking to their proud tradition of the recent past, when are they ever going to learn. This was one of the best minor teams to come out of the county in a while and wha do they do, give them the loughgiel traits of 'get stuck into them'. Have they not copped on by now that this is going to win them nothing.

Maybe its best that they dont learn it.

Minder

Ah but sure they will be able to sit outside the Pound in their Twin Cams talking about giving boys a "hemmerin"

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: the colonel on November 14, 2008, 08:38:10 PM
Watson rejects Antrim overtures 

"I have no problems with Sambo, Jim Nelson or the Antrim team," said Watson.

"But until there is a change to management, I will not be turning out for the county.

I think the problem is with Woody.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Minder

Quote from: Shrek on November 17, 2008, 03:43:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 17, 2008, 03:37:03 PM
Ah but sure they will be able to sit outside the Pound in their Twin Cams talking about giving boys a "hemmerin"

have you ever posted anything constructive or even worth reading on this site Minder.

as Skull has said a few times before - people in glass houses etc etc

No i havent.

Arthur_Friend

Slagging off Twin Cams is always going to get a reaction.

milltown row

it surprises me how many Antrim teams fail at this competition, we were beat by Dungiven in the final a few years ago after a replay and extra time. madness!! (was very drunk that day, bad idea opening the bar during the game)

makes you wonder at the talent available to derry and down teams and armagh teams at minor level, only to get lost to FOOTBALL >:( >:(