Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

He did mo chara  :) . Hurls reserves for a while

Hands like shovels, thought I down remember anyone every saying that he had a good hand

Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2008, 12:00:55 PM
Glass houses and all that Skull........

Youre right Minder.....I should have posted those very words instead  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

martin played all through juvenile and a bit of reserve. had to mark him many a time. as said, hands like shovels but could catch a cold.

paddy was a great hurler and Ger played at the highest level. some of the other brothers didn't play at all.

Carrickmore wont come that close lads. Gorts to win by 7

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on October 31, 2008, 01:50:12 PM
some of the other brothers didn't play at all.

There's more? Holy f**k, I'd hate to pay for the groceries in that house, all big men..

milltown row

The Trial for the Senior Hurling Panel will take place in Casement Park on Tuesday 4th November at 7.30pm.
All players are asked to bring full playing/ training  gear

N B   Only those players whose names have been submitted will be permitted to take part in the trial (closing date Friday 31st Oct 5pm)

To date only 5  clubs
St Endas
Armoy
Ballymena
Rasharkin
Cloughmills
have responded to the request to supply players for the Senior Hurling Trials

The closing date for the submission of names is 5pm today (31/10/08)

first i seen this, and the closing date is today at 5  >:(  right will have to phone and see if i can get on board ;)

need to pull on that jersey Charlatan kept talking about and the other one cant mind his name

davincicode

MR i totally disagree, think carrickmore will win, gorts are not the force they used to be, discipline will let them down. I hope i am wrong but you must go with your gut on this one, i say the Tyrone boys will cause an upset. Minder love the compliment.

Minder

I think there is an Alex Rogan too, dont think he hurled but i only know of him cos he got married 9 months ago and it cost him £30k. He is no longer married. Ouch
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Any word on Gorts??

Hopefully they make it to the final?

milltown row

Gorts game not till next week, on another note i'd like to congratulate Karl stewart on his award for the Ulster Hurler of the year. recieved last night at a Banquet in Monaghan. first time anyone form the club to get this. no better lad. fair dues Karl

slow corner back

Quote from: milltown row on October 31, 2008, 03:36:52 PM
The Trial for the Senior Hurling Panel will take place in Casement Park on Tuesday 4th November at 7.30pm.
All players are asked to bring full playing/ training  gear

N B   Only those players whose names have been submitted will be permitted to take part in the trial (closing date Friday 31st Oct 5pm)

To date only 5  clubs
St Endas
Armoy
Ballymena
Rasharkin
Cloughmills
have responded to the request to supply players for the Senior Hurling Trials

The closing date for the submission of names is 5pm today (31/10/08)

first i seen this, and the closing date is today at 5  >:(  right will have to phone and see if i can get on board ;)

need to pull on that jersey Charlatan kept talking about and the other one cant mind his name

How does running trials tie in with the no group training before January rule??

Two Hands FFS

SCB..you're allowed to organise a couple of trial matches in November & December by no collective trainin

Clubs from the lower leagues complain about their players not getting a chance with the county...but only 5 clubs have submitted players

Minder

This is nothing more than a PR exercise, Dinny used to select a few fellas from lower leagues that usually never hit leather for Antrim so then you cant be accused of not giving everyone a chance.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Minder i think it works both ways, as two hands says they have to be asked. they will get the opportunity to show they are good enough. the way it will prob work out is that only a couple will be up to standard anyway to be included in the panel.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Glensman

Supposedly the trialists are playing the Gorts in a friendly Tuesday night. Intelligent thinking if so.

Anyone confirm/deny/provide times on this.

Not sure its the clubs that complain Two Hands but a couple of punters from a couple of clubs on Hoganstand.

billy the kid

Quote from: milltown row on October 29, 2008, 10:49:51 PM

i played against one of these lads this year, what way do the transfers work :-\

oh and fair play to Emments. do they play in the interm. Ulster Championship or staright through to the 1/4 or semi fianls

Is that Niall "nipper" Higgins from Glenavy/ Glenravel doing nets?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

theskull1

Just read this on the Antrim website

Name : Eyes & Ears
04 November 2008
Some interesting comments being posted on the ???? by so called Antrim Hurling supporters. These guys are continually lambasting, criticising and foul mouthing developments in the county. Is the County Executive not in a position to have this so called '????' forum scrapped? The contributing Antrim hurling supporters who use this forum are frequently running down the county board and have nothing but negative, slanderous and defamatory comments to make about hurling in the county in general, but more worrying, about some of the individuals who serve the county. ??????? ??? and some idiot called '??? ?????' who I understand also makes contributions to the Antrim county web site appear to be the main perpetrators of the most spurious and pathetic comments posted there. We should discourage all Antrim Gaels from using such underhand/slanderous forums.

No, this is an independent website which apparently cannot be controlled by any "official" organisation - legal or sporting. We do agree with everything you have said, but we deleted the name of the forum and the pseudonyms used by contributors to that forum, as we don't want to give them any attention from those who know little about them. Those that are aware of this forum, know only too well who and what you are talking about.

I see someone has found a soul mate.

milltown....I think we both got a mention. Spurious and Pathetic comments on the Antrim website. Would love them to point them out to me?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera