Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davincicode

Disagree lads, carrickmore will be no push over, hard and physical team. I think the Gorts will struggle even more this time around, it will very much depend on their frame of mind, and the referee(Which i hate to say), if the right man is not in the middle the game, it could explode, which as seen in the past the gorts discipline can be very volatile to say the least. I punt for carrickmore on this one? Bad decision though by the CAC, another major boob by the GAA.

NAG

Jesus lads thats relief, this thread was heading down hill fast.

However I give them to later today to they are back in another disguise.

I have to say I have been impressed with the GNM club and the work that they have put into the games up there on the hill. They should be commended by all antrim people and as such deserve our support in the up coming match.

playwiththewind1st

Hopefully this thread will get back to normal.......a bit of banter is good craic but it all went down the tubes rapidly over the past couple of weeks.

nrico2006

QuoteDisagree lads, carrickmore will be no push over, hard and physical team. I think the Gorts will struggle even more this time around, it will very much depend on their frame of mind, and the referee(Which i hate to say), if the right man is not in the middle the game, it could explode, which as seen in the past the gorts discipline can be very volatile to say the least. I punt for carrickmore on this one? Bad decision though by the CAC, another major boob by the GAA.

Carrickmore to win by 2.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 31, 2008, 08:55:51 AM
QuoteDisagree lads, carrickmore will be no push over, hard and physical team. I think the Gorts will struggle even more this time around, it will very much depend on their frame of mind, and the referee(Which i hate to say), if the right man is not in the middle the game, it could explode, which as seen in the past the gorts discipline can be very volatile to say the least. I punt for carrickmore on this one? Bad decision though by the CAC, another major boob by the GAA.

Carrickmore to win by 2.

The oracle has spoken
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Last Man

Thank feic those 2 sad gits are gone,they'll be back but not hard to spot fortunately. Should be ignored at all costs.
Who is taking C'more this season, big Rogie was up their for a while wasn't he. I remember him saying he nearly had to look away at some of the strokes those boys were pullin. Spose you have to take that with a pinch of salt for he's a great man for an ould yarn.

Minder

Quote from: Last Man on October 31, 2008, 09:49:11 AM
Thank feic those 2 sad gits are gone,they'll be back but not hard to spot fortunately. Should be ignored at all costs.
Who is taking C'more this season, big Rogie was up their for a while wasn't he. I remember him saying he nearly had to look away at some of the strokes those boys were pullin. Spose you have to take that with a pinch of salt for he's a great man for an ould yarn.

Rogie is well qualified to speak on what is and isnt a dirty stroke though..........

nrico2006

McKinley was taking them at times over the past few years and this year I think it is Gabriel O'Kane.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Last Man

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 31, 2008, 10:09:40 AM
McKinley was taking them at times over the past few years and this year I think it is Gabriel O'Kane.

Can't be local, isn't everyone up there called McCallan? ;D

Glensman

Bye Bye boys.

Is there a date for the replay (is that what it should be called?).

I'd say it will be hard hitting stuff, would love to listen to the GNM team talk. They have a right to be agrrieved and no doubt it will be played upon.

I have discussed Carrickmore's plea as well though and however you view it there is merit in the point that you play differently depending on how many points you think you are behind. Whether they actually did think they were a certain number of points behind or or not is another matter.

nrico2006

QuoteWhether they actually did think they were a certain number of points behind or or not is another matter.
I would say that is the reason they appealed as they probably played off what the referee was telling them.  A scoreboard would have been handy.  O'Kane is a former Derry manager.

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2008, 10:04:01 AM

Rogie is well qualified to speak on what is and isnt a dirty stroke though..........

Unlike Glenariffe Minder? ::)

I would have never considered big Gerard a dirty hurler. Was a wile ganch and would probably say that himself but I was always impressed with the passion he had for the game and I think he played a hard brand but just about on the edge and wasn't overly cynical. Certainly the most angelic of the four of them  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

Aye skull I was going to say he wasnt even the dirtiest hurler in his own house, that award would go to the paddy fella!

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG on October 31, 2008, 11:36:03 AM
Aye skull I was going to say he wasnt even the dirtiest hurler in his own house, that award would go to the paddy fella!

Aye but Paddy was the best stickman out of them, he was a tidy hurler in his day.

Big Ger was an effective lad and I remember the day in dundalk when he gave Harry Ryan an awful going over, Harry was far from angelic himself though, Jim Nelson panicked and took Ger off in case he got sent off and it was only then that Kilkenny got a march on Antrim. big Ger wasn't a happy camper as he trudged off.

Anton, Ger and Paddy, don't tell me Martin also played a bit also??

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on October 31, 2008, 11:11:07 AM
Quote from: Minder on October 31, 2008, 10:04:01 AM

Unlike Glenariffe Minder? ::)

I would have never considered big Gerard a dirty hurler. Was a wile ganch and would probably say that himself but I was always impressed with the passion he had for the game and I think he played a hard brand but just about on the edge and wasn't overly cynical. Certainly the most angelic of the four of them  :)

Glass houses and all that Skull........