Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I thought having multiple accounts on the board wasnt allowed
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NonCharlatan

Quote from: Minder on October 28, 2008, 05:47:26 PM
I thought having multiple accounts on the board wasnt allowed

For who's benefit is that Minder?  Please elaborate?
I might be in the wrong place, but sure 'Immortality Beckons'

Stayousidethesquare

maybe its me, i am being treated at the moment for spilit personality dis-order?

NonCharlatan

Quote from: Stayousidethesquare on October 28, 2008, 05:58:14 PM
maybe its me, i am being treated at the moment for spilit personality dis-order?

I agree Minder.  I think this guy is nuts, looped d f****** loop!

NonCharlatan

Quote from: Stayousidethesquare on October 28, 2008, 05:58:14 PM

Hi Square

Do you not get out too often pal!  U still have not voted for the 'Assessor'.  Maybe you are the Assessor!  What do you say?

Lar na Pairce

will somebody get these 2 idiots off the site

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: the colonel on October 28, 2008, 06:38:03 PM
can we just talk about hurling. this place is going to the dogs.

Thats what the 'Assessor' and friends want.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

milltown row

Bert and Ernie need to get back into bed quick what a load of balls ;D

NonCharlatan

Quote from: milltown row on October 28, 2008, 08:54:11 PM
Bert and Ernie need to get back into bed quick what a load of balls ;D

As sure MR, you are only a second rate whistle blower. In the literal sense!

NonCharlatan

IMHO, the 'Assessor' back on this forum, would at least add a little bit of life to it.  At least he brought a bit of spark and backbone to your meaningless rantings.

imtommygunn

how about a meaningful rant then to show people how it's done?

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on October 28, 2008, 05:09:32 PM
I fear that all of our work will be in vain.

Anyway, Janty coming to Rossa. I doubt that many in Rossa would take that very well. I wonder if Shannon will come with him. A playground roundabout for him.

Is Shannon not a Rossa name HS?

What specifically do people not like about the way jonty does things. He seems to have alot of detractors even though he has worked wonders at underage level? That U14 team is the best group of underage hurlers I've seen in years. Is he just a megalomaniac that cannot work within club rules and structures?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

jonty is passionate about hurling, outside of the pitch he's a sound guy and wants hurling to be great in Antrim. he's two lads that are great hurlers and like most dads who have played want their kids to be great. as for his training methods well it works for him. it may rub others and some parents up the wrong way but he gets results, whether this transfers into having a great senior team is up for debate.

St johns have had great Juveniles for years. always bigger and better, come minor and senior it always evens out and they lose the thing that beat teams when the were under 16 and below. a lot of this is down to them losing interest, drink, and teams being able to match or better them. I'd like to see St Johns bring these current kids to the future county teams because as you have said Skull they are quality players at that level

theskull1

Must be real hatred for each other up there in the big smoke. Our U10 were invited to a tournament up at the Johnnies a few weeks back. Was told that out of 8 or more  teams there wasn't another Belfast team in the tournament. That just doesn't happen in N Antrim. We realise that we need each other to ensure that hurling thrives. It was really depressing to hear that there are adults looking after teams in Belfast don't seem to realise that and are biting off their noses as a result
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

Jonty is ok as long as the status quo is maintained in his favour, the teams he has produced are 2nd to none but as far as I can see his long term vision for the future is the Antrim Senior 1st 15 to be his players with him in charge. He doesn't really give a toss about saving hurling in Belfast as far as I can see. The antics of their mentors and parents(esp Shannon,eyes bulging, slabbers flying) at tournaments has to be seen to be believed, thats why the Belfast and surrounding clubs have deserted them.  Its one of the reasons we now play our juv hurling in NA where mostly there is more sensible behaviour from the coaches etc. and there is a greater spirit of cooperation between clubs to improve coaching and push hurling forward. The rising tide floats all boats as they say.