Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhic Easmuint

You need to put in the full path of the image:
e.g. http://www.kennygallery.ie/images/imagename.jpg

Right click on the image and select properties and it will give you the Full Address of it.

theskull1

You need to put in the full URL of the image/avatar that you want displayed

so for example

http://images.cafepress.com/product/95043601v1_350x350_Front.jpg

Hope this helps

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NonCharlatan

Go raibh maith agaibh uilig, a chairde!

Slan anois.
I might be in the wrong place, but sure 'Immortality Beckons'

NonCharlatan

Posters are very nice in this forum, very helpful indeed!  A really strange characteristic, I must say!  Am I really in the wrong place?

theskull1

Only you can answer that NC

There are 306 pages of posts. Sure have a wee look at what is discussed here and it should go a long way to answering your question.

milltown row

not that many players in the lower leagues that would make a dramatic impact on the senior team, for what it's worth young Shannon from Rossa would certainly make the grade, due to his skill and size.

we need big skillful players. we are too easy brushed aside by our southern counterparts. a team containing players that are in the 6 foot and bigger bracket is whats needed. obviously they need to be quality players but size matters. i think the county should put a bit off effort into developing an intermedate team that trains along side the seniors, using the same strength and conditioning programmes and training drills. would do no harm

NonCharlatan

Watched the Ballyhale Sharocks game yesterday against Seamus Stoifan, not too many 6' + players.  Sure MR, is it not the case that fellas the size of Eoin Larkin, Tommy Walsh, Joe Dean, Aaron Graffin, Karl Mckeegan and the like of your goodself do not break the 6' barrier.  I rest my case!

milltown row

granted Charlatan but they are the exception rather than the rule. and ya can add hickey in there also. but having watched years of county hurling when our lads are up against the southern teams  we lack strength.

I'll take that as a complement NonCharlatan 8)

NonCharlatan

Quote from: milltown row on October 27, 2008, 07:54:05 PM
granted Charlatan but they are the exception rather than the rule. and ya can add hickey in there also. but having watched years of county hurling when our lads are up against the southern teams  we lack strength.

I'll take that as a complement NonCharlatan 8)

MR, I was responding to what you alluded to at first which was 'Height'  not strenght.  You can have Height but strenght and vise versa.  Look at the mighty Seán Shannon, Jim Sheridan,  Pickering ('fatto') your own colleague CJ, Clute McFettridge, Liam O'Donaghue, Silvy Linnane, Johnny Flaherty.  How far do you wish me to go back?

milltown row

my point is simple, i'd prefer to have 15 odd players in the Neill McManus stength and size, Larkin is 6' by the way. all the kilkenny forwards are over 6' bar fast eddie. all their subs bar 2 and the panel was 30!!!

again we could quote all day about small talented hurlers, this is just my preference. oh and looking at the pen portraits of Waterford they have all but three over 6'

theskull1

Agree milltown. It may be down to more quantity of players who possess the prerequisite skills, that then allows county managers to select players who fit a certain profile to suit the way they want to play the game. If you have players who possess height strength speed and skill then you are killkenny.

NonCharlatan

Hi MR.

I am also very curious.  I see you have assumed the role of 'Assessor' in your Avitar.  As I am reliably informed, the real 'Assessor' was banished from this forum by some self assigned and self opinionated armchair Gael with an nortorious agressive and foul manner.

Having scanned back through the previous pages of this forum.  I for one would like to see the real 'Asessor' back.  I might in fact start a little crusade to have him re-instated.  What do you say to that.  I woulld be really interested in your opinion?  - "BRING BACK THE ASSESSOR".  Is there no voting/polling facility on this forum?

milltown row

Quote from: the colonel on October 27, 2008, 08:55:36 PM
Quote from: milltown row on October 27, 2008, 06:32:30 PM
not that many players in the lower leagues that would make a dramatic impact on the senior team, for what it's worth young Shannon from Rossa would certainly make the grade, due to his skill and size.

dunno about young shannon right now, heard he didn't have too great of an impact in the mageean final on sat. players need to be dominating in their own age group before we can get them but def in 2 or 3 yrs time. let him play senior for a while longer before calling him up. county hurling can pollute young fella's if their not ready.

again those players like quinn, duffin and magill dont have to attend the trial as they were in the panel last year. and i heard from a player that philly maguire who was on the u21 panel just randomly kept turning up to senior training without actually been asked to join the panel.

i've been trying to do that for years ;D

Minder

Quote from: NonCharlatan on October 27, 2008, 08:59:17 PM
Hi MR.

I am also very curious.  I see you have assumed the role of 'Assessor' in your Avitar.  As I am reliably informed, the real 'Assessor' was banished from this forum by some self assigned and self opinionated armchair Gael with an nortorious agressive and foul manner.

Having scanned back through the previous pages of this forum.  I for one would like to see the real 'Asessor' back.  I might in fact start a little crusade to have him re-instated.  What do you say to that.  I woulld be really interested in your opinion?  - "BRING BACK THE ASSESSOR".  Is there no voting/polling facility on this forum?

I hope he comes back too, he/she is sorely missed.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NonCharlatan

Quote from: Minder on October 27, 2008, 09:07:34 PM
Quote from: NonCharlatan on October 27, 2008, 08:59:17 PM
Hi MR.

Speak to the site Moderators then,. As I hear it, they blocked his IP address.  I am also informed it was the SKULLs fault for offering him a dig outside Casement.  However, Skull did not show up!

I hope he comes back too, he/she is sorely missed.