Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Well said Glensman.

Serious question... If a player from a club(any club) attempted to squirt water at our Co. Chairman(who I have no problem with) would we be calling for that player to be banned or would he be applauded(by minder)??

Who do Ulster play this year??

Glensman

Impression...not sure what Ulster making an impression is.

Putting it up to them can't be enough for us...100% effort, learning all the time, if that player from another province does something not letting him do it again and then trying what he did. Striving to be better.
If ever the phrase 'performance is more important than result' then this sums up Ulster in the Railway Cup. Selfishly, if the Antrim players learn anything from it I am happy.
Quite like the idea of the final being played in a European city (it would given the Ulster boys incentive!).

The sad thing is we are midgets in our complex as well.
Neilly McGarry is as big as any full forward in Ireland. McManus as strong and smart. Richmond as cute. McKeegan as good as picking up the lose ball. Brannif as good a finisher. Lets have a bit of fecking confidence and get tore into them.

Club sides from Antrim do better in the All Ireland series because those complexes seem to disappear as it is each man fighting for each other.

Two Hands - player should be punished I reckon. Nothing too severe but it is cleary pretty petty stuff.
The Doctor doesn't deserve that...on a subjective level the man is trying his best for the county and some impressive initiatives have been introduced in his tenure (and sure he's a hurling man so what does he care about the football...)...on an objective level when a county chairman is treated with such distain its pretty bad sign.
Have been in Casement when he's been chanted at/abused by club fans.
Sometimes this can be a bit of craic...sometimes it can go too far but its a fine line.
Not sure what or who you're referrring to Two Hands.

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 15, 2008, 11:20:11 PM
Well said Glensman.

Serious question... If a player from a club(any club) attempted to squirt water at our Co. Chairman(who I have no problem with) would we be calling for that player to be banned or would he be applauded(by minder)??
Who do Ulster play this year??

What are you talking about Two Hands?  ???
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Did you not hear about the Derry Football final minder?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on October 16, 2008, 08:40:39 AM
Did you not hear about the Derry Football final minder?

No i just saw a headline about the inbreds fighting,and a photo of some mentor lying on his hole. I thought it was normal practice in Derry.

NAG

Oh boys you leave for a day and all hell breaks loose.

IMO this is a hurling forum first and fore most and for my part and most of the other posters they  are only here to debate the issues around antrim hurling and what holds us back and our ideas on the way forward.

Now there is always banter between the clubs in this county and we all have to take it on the chin from time to time but if you dont have an opinion or arent able to put it across then what the hell are you doing here. Rant over.

Cant see Ulster making any impression at all, IMO the railway cup has had its day and has no home in the current structure and time table of the modern game, like it or lump it thats the way it is.

Glensman

Only realised after my post last night that your situation was hypothetical referring to the Derry incidents.

The Derry football final has certainly caused a few issues!

davincicode

Jesus lads, what have i missed, cant take a holiday without the board going to pot. Whats the story MR/Skull/Minder you can,t look after things in my absence! Is the Assessor banned, i see the other lad outsidethesquare is on pleading the case, seems he has found someone to champion. Skull what did you say to the man? MR as the daddy of the site could you not have kept these lads in line, it seems to have taken the enjoyment of the site this last while.

Time to get back to reality, what about Sunday. My own opinion on it is whoever wins i don,t feel have the strength in depth to progress much further, see the galway lads are in for the long hall again.

MR are you really playing down your chances against the bridge? I think you lads can do it this year, hope to see you in my home town come march09!!!! The game on Sunday against the KL lads, hear Geoffry got a soft one from the Ref, who by all accounts lost the plot slightly.

milltown row

davinci, no problems here, someone forgot what the site was all about Local GAA Discussion  most of the members on her are either ex players and current players, wether you played at junior level or turned out at Croke park makes not a blind bit of difference.

if you talk sense or have valid points to discuss our success/failures then grand. people may hid behind silly names but I'd say I'd know a few on here and know rightly that some know me. I'm the one usually in Casement before halftime (beat the rush, cant get the Johnnies outta there) no real malice though, Minder and his last few names have raised a few eyebrows (serious anger lad ;))  but all in all it's not a bad thing to post and read during the lunch or at home.

does anything ever change the running of the county here? NO. does anybody get hurt? if people dont like the boards then dont read them, simple. we've had people trying to close our clubs forum down, not going to happen. if monitored properly by the Mods then its fine.

i agree with ya davinci about the panels being small. cushendall need 5 good back up players same as Ballygalget. they cant afford their starting 15 to have off days after this final. pity i wont see it this sunday. for the Mitchells to win they need to by pass the half back line of the Dall, snuff out McNaughton and convert 90% of their chances. for the Dall its about getting good early cross field ball into the forwards Ad back wining breaking ball and their defence smothering the light Ballygalget forward line. seen the Magic guy hobbling outside Casement on Sunday. he'll never make it

davincicode

I have a lot of time for the Dall back line, Oran scullion should have the measure of Magic, i think the dall are very light up front, unless Mc Manus changes his sweeping role and takes the freedom of the forward areas? The fire power isn,t there to progress to the final stages. I feel that they will have the measure of ballygalget, but fear that the lot, they need 6 forwards who can score and i don,t think its there! The backs are awesome, and are the real deal, i would play with 2 FForwards and pack the mid-field 3/4 line and not let anything out, close everything down after the keeper.

Well guys glad to home to put this board back on track.

NAG

I think we are all in agreement that cushendalls back line is top quality.

I really cant see ballygalget being any good to them at all, they are a fragile outfit and when they are put to the sword they go meekly.

Question is will cushendall be able to find any fire power of the winter to mount a serious challenge on the semi final?

imtommygunn

I think they are just two/three forwards too short of being a team that could challenge down south. Where is that fella brick - I thought he could maybe come good.

Their HF line isn't too bad however Shane McNaughton aside they just have nothing in the FF line. The fact Karl McKeegan ended up there the last day would indicate that.

They should be too strong for Ballygalget though. Ballygalget have a couple of scoring threats however Cushendall have the men to stop that.

When do GNM play?

milltown row

apparently Brick said he was taking a year out ??? ???  did you ever

totally bizzare and has lost out. kids now, in my day you'd.............................

Minder

I never really thought young Brick Mc Carthy would progress to Cushendalls senior team, he may make it yet but in my opinion he wont be the player some thought he would be. His game was always reliant heavily on hitting frees and i have heard rumours about his attitude for a year or two now. You can say a lot of young fellas attitudes arent great at that age but you never heard any nonsense like that about Graffin or Mc Manus. He may find out after a year out there is no way back.

NAG

Correct me if im wrong but the attitude of alot of cushendalls young players could leave alot to be desired (barring graffin)