Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stayousidethesquare

Ah Minder, behave you could find yourself being banned, or are you going to champion the Coward Skull!!!! 1 moe strike and your day job would become very boring, you would actually have to do a bit of work in the Cival Service?

theskull1

allegedly allegedly .........ffs ........OK here we go >:(

I asked him" if he would be prepared to come out from his computer and say the things he was saying to me" ( after persistent abuse in my direction continually trying to get the rise)

He then stated to everyone on the board that I was threatening him but told me he would have no problem with that, all whilst still abuseing me in his replies

I told him I was of no threat to him UNLESS he was going to talk to me like that to my face and simply wanted to see who it was that mades "his points" in the way he did and put him over his broad sided attacks on all the members of this board

He persisted in is abusing me in his posts at which point I decided to report his persistent abuse to the mods and call a halt to the whole pointless activity as did he. He never got back to me. I think we both knew it would have been a bad idea.

You call it gutless if you want, but I've got a wee thing called self respect, and am not going to get into a full scale row with an anonymous internet forum member who wants to win his arguements by shouting the loudest and abusing those he is arguing with. Is that what Assessor has benefitted from from all his years experience. Well it didn't do him much good. He came on here like you and showed no respect for any of the members of this board from day one. If the mods have acted it is because of his own actions...I know nothing about it...and again nor do I care

And just to finish .....if you or the Assessor would like to point out to me what in particular you would like to discuss with me, I'll be more than happy to meet you both for coffee. I have nothing to hide including any anonimity that this board gives me. Please get back to me
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Stayousidethesquare

Skull skull skull, are you going to do the same thing again, you are a Judas! plain and simple. Respect is earned or did you not get enough experience on the pitch of that? We are all in the ether, so we cant really shout, he continually prodded at your weaknesses and you took the bate! Now your comming onto the site to try and save face with the other members, you have been exposed as a Judas, except it and apologise to the members for getting a fellow Gael, with a strong and at times constructive argument black balled. Do you not think after 35 years plus in this country we have had enough of that. Freedom of speech for all, even when the debate goes against you.

the green man

imtommygunn

You or your mate have hardly won any debates by continual references to "numbskull" and it could hardly be described as a constructive argument - do you not think?

State your opinions clearly and make a debate out of them - what are you scared of?

No-one has really worked out from close to a dozen and a half posts what you or your mate are on about. If assessor disappeared with his behaviour then you will too unless you want to say something constructive.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 15, 2008, 09:44:59 PM
You or your mate have hardly won any debates by continual references to "numbskull" and it could hardly be described as a constructive argument - do you not think?

State your opinions clearly and make a debate out of them - what are you scared of?

No-one has really worked out from close to a dozen and a half posts what you or your mate are on about. If assessor disappeared with his behaviour then you will too unless you want to say something constructive.

Great and honest statement. Fair play.

Two Hands FFS

What a pile of shite.....Can we just stay away from these stupid arguments & talk about what we're here to talk about....Antrim Hurling

What were skull & assessor actually debating until it started into name calling. Watching the Ireland match on RTE & listening to Dunphy reminded me of Assessor (except Dunphy is entertaining)...full of crap

Stayousidethesquare

You seem to be missing the point lads, plus i never called skull "NUMSKULL", i called him gutless and a Judas i accept that, its my opinion, as minder has said that i am full of shit. My tone has,nt changed, skull has to accept that he was responsible for the Assessors demise, because he could,nt take it, so he touts to the moderator. He must be a school teacher?

Assessor added a bit of edge to the site, thats all i am saying. Rightly or wrongly, as a lot of the opinions on the site are the same. Some right some wrong. Skull hammers people within the county at ever chance he gets, someone gives him a good run and he touts to the moderator!!! I still say that he owes people on this forum an apology for his behaviour, plain and simple. So if one of you decide to go at him, he may offer you a meeting at casement, as just this evening he has offered to meet me or assessor for a coffee. Get real Skull! You have no idea at all.

imtommygunn

Still waiting for any point your or your mate might have to make? Have you got anything rational to debate or will you just resort to insults?

Teachers and civil servants already have got the touch I see.

I would be interested to know your definition of "edge" too.

What;s your opinion on Sunday's game, the league structure or Antrim playing in Leinster - enlighten us.

PlayWithTheWind

this is getting more and more like hoganstand.

give over
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the green man

Quote from: Stayousidethesquare on October 15, 2008, 10:04:59 PM
as a lot of the opinions on the site are the same. Some right some wrong.

For crying out loud.

theskull1

My experience with the Assessor has taught me great lesson (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and........)

Be specific in your arguments man (as I have been doing all along) rather than responding with abuse and that derogatory tone and you just might be able to win the argument. Why not give it a try? At the minute you only come across looking like a fool. You must really like Assessor to be doing this for him

My offer still stands. I would love to meet BOTH of you some time for a chat if you think you have something constructive to say to me about any of my contributions on this board and are prepared to do it in a respectful way. What about it?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Glensman

Assesor in amongst all the guff said a few interesting things about hurling, but he couldn't let a random, cyber grudge go. You appear to have jumped on the band wagon. What in your posts has referred to, as what Two Hands FFS has said, Antrim hurling.
If you have something to say that is worth listening to then say it, otherwise clear off.
If a moderator's attention is drawn to such things then I am all for that.

This is not hoganstand (which has actually improved of late!), this is not a kids playground its where as Antrim hurling people and some welcome guests discuss some important issues for them, provide reports where necessary, update on scores, injuries, rumours! and the like and try to see where they personally think there are issues with Antrim hurling...because lets face it there are a few.

If you read the posts and knew the background you would realise that the people on here are generally hurling men (whether players or supporters) and to come on here and shows a lack of respect for not just people who give and enjoy giving a bit of their time to debate all things Antrim hurling but also it shows a lack of respect for Antrim hurling itself. That might be a bit dramatic but its the way I feel.

I am not a civil servant, I am not a school teacher - its doesn't matter what I am...but on here I like to read what people have to say. It gives me a good break from the job I do and it gives me a chance to read about and sometimes comment on it.

And breathe...

1. Cushendall to win pulling up on Sunday.
2. Some result for Cloughmills but has to be put into perspective given the time of year etc but nonetheless good to see.
3. I STILL don't like the way teams field shells of teams at this time of the year.

Anyone know if there was a good turn out for the Ulster training this evening?

milltown row

good post Glensman

will we make an impression this year? so difficult for Ulster. it always amazes me when i watch the inter prov. matches, the size, skill and pace of the real hurling men. we are midgets compared to them