Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Skull

Yeah that is my point, there has to be incentive for the play in the reserve to show his best which isnt the case at present so gettin a seperate time slot for the games is essential so that senior managers could go to watch the games.

Secondly we are only talking at present of dunloy loughgiel and cushendall being in the category so it would be a start to get these 3 going strong.

I know it has been tried before but it was a half hearted effort before as usual, if the benefits are pointed out and exactly why it is being structured in that way then most clubs would agree that it is a good enough idea. Clooney would be more than a match for any of the three's reserves but it is a better standard of hurling which will improve them and because clooney are coming with a good attitude and wanting to improve this should bring the best out of reserve hurlers who dont normally have to push themselves.

Lecale2

Who plays in the North Antrim Junior League?  Would that be Clooney IIs and Loughgeil IIIs?

http://www.northantrimgaa.com/leagues.asp?id=11

clootfromthe21

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 06, 2008, 01:03:28 PM
Lecale, i was playin yesterday against Gort, they were awesome but to be fair to the gort manager he came in and said it was the best they had ever played.

Just been traipsing through the last few pages of threads. Does any one know if the Sean Kelly who scored 6 points for GNM used to play in London for Robert Emmets?

Reason I ask is that the day that Clooney lost the all-ireland junior there was a Sean Kelly from Antrim playing for Robert Emmets who won the intermediate who took some serious scores from right half forward. Same guy?

milltown row

same guy clootfromthe21, ex Rossa player and county player

all good lads, good positives about restructuring leagues, time now to go back and talk to your club members put it into a motion and get the committee to bring it to the county board for discussion. otherwise nothing will be done. would be great if some topics debated/formed here actually came to light.

but we also need relegation and promotion battles. does not happen unless we have two up and two down. that will stop teams from 'doing enough to stay up lets concentrate on championship' attitude. I'd go further and the third place teams in div2 play a one off game with the third from bottom team from div 1. no complacency at all. and again the leagues to be played off before the championship.

So off to the committee lads and let them know what we want. some committees are too detached from what players feel is best for them.

Two Hands FFS

We got Dublin in the draw. Dublin drew out first so i'd imagine it'll be in parnell??

milltown row

was under the impression that it was a neutral venue, i see that Kilkenny are to be put in against the winners of the Dublin antrim game >:(

so it was not surprising that Galway were called out first. or is it the other way, Christ Marty must have hit every branch when he fell out of the ugly tree

Two Hands FFS

Maybe it is a neutral venue....hopefully

Are you sure the winners of Antrim Dublin are to play Kilkenny..I thought that the draw for the semi final will be done after the quarter finals matches

clootfromthe21

Quote from: milltown row on October 08, 2008, 07:46:16 PM
was under the impression that it was a neutral venue, i see that Kilkenny are to be put in against the winners of the Dublin antrim game >:(

so it was not surprising that Galway were called out first. or is it the other way, Christ Marty must have hit every branch when he fell out of the ugly tree

Didn't take that up Milltown - Cha seemed to suggest that Kilkenny wouldn't know who they were playing until after the first round of games. Could be wrong though.

Think Dublin isn't a bad draw - not saying we will beat them, but at least we'll not fear them!

milltown row

your right just seen that, it was that i saw Kilkenny at the bottom, thinking they were to come in at our end of the draw

Two Hands FFS

Maybe they thought (The GAA) that if a team had seen that if they were to win their quarter final match that the winners were to play Kilkenny....that they wouldnt be disappointed to get beat as they still get another chance in the qualifiers & have avoided Kilkenny ???

Good draw for us...we avoided Galway, Offaly & Wexford who after Kilkenny are the next best teams, although it'll still be a pretty tough match for us

youngfella

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 08, 2008, 07:51:59 PM
Maybe it is a neutral venue....hopefully

Are you sure the winners of Antrim Dublin are to play Kilkenny..I thought that the draw for the semi final will be done after the quarter finals matches

THat'll be something for the boys to aim for hard game against and then a crack at the AI champs. I hope they be positive about it, It can be done. play like there arse is on fire!
Pull hard and early

JamesH

All this chat on the county senior team pisses me right off, suddenly the future of antrim hurling is ok, Bollocks. The minors Hammered, the U21s beaten by a third rate football team. The only way up is from the ground up IE the 5 year olds teach them properly, train proper coaches in club i mean it doesn't need massive funding when the coaches are of consistant quality then we can be assured of a proper conveyor belt of talent. The ones that don't develop early Will have all the tools when perhaps they do catch up. I heard North Antrim went to the county with a proposal for twinning with Munster Council only to be turned down, W**nkers!!, the good Doc is all talk.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: JamesH on October 09, 2008, 03:31:20 PM
I heard North Antrim went to the county with a proposal for twinning with Munster Council only to be turned down, W**nkers!!, the good Doc is all talk.

Stick that on to the County Website guestbook and let's see what the response is!!!!

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on October 09, 2008, 03:42:39 PM
Quote from: JamesH on October 09, 2008, 03:31:20 PM
I heard North Antrim went to the county with a proposal for twinning with Munster Council only to be turned down, W**nkers!!, the good Doc is all talk.

Stick that on to the County Website guestbook and let's see what the response is!!!!

It would appear in "county website speak" i.e. - "??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???? ??? - we have deleted most of your post, because you are quite clearly a lunatic who has disagreed with the county board, so there & by the way the CCC have an awful hard job to do. This website is maintained by a team of volunteers, who give up lots of their time. We think we are in the Leinster SHC next year, but check the fixtures nearer the time."

NAG

does anyone actually think that getting into the leinster championship is going to help the county as a whole?

reasons please