Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assessor

Hi there fella, ye are getting a little personal don't ye think?  I thought is was a prerequisite for the do-heads lik ye who use this shite to lambast referees.

Wise up, you illiterate, illegitimate!
'The Profound Assessor'

theskull1

Assessor if you disagree with some posters comments then focus on them specifically. Insert their quotes into your reply and make your arguments in a clear and consise way. The drivel from your last post (and many of your 13 others) doesn't win any debates, as well as make you look like a bit of an eejit

Am I the only one who cringes at this "tis smee", "boys a boys" shite?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

Re. the assessor.
Smells like he's been sent by "Big Brother to keep an eye on the restless natives. An "Agent Provocateur" me thinks. ;)

Last Man

Any thoughts on the Intermediate and Junior finals, watched St.Pauls v Glenravel a couple of weeks ago, wasnt much of a contest but St.Pauls looked very strong physically and don't hold back on the timber(within the rules mostly), Half backs are very solid, Paul Donnelly and the Left corner fwd are a handfull up front, though the Full fwd they had on was woefull, but I think he's a stand in.
Still fancy the Ts to overcome Rasharkin with their attacking options, Rasharkin are good defensively but their forwards are ordinary, Teresa's are a better balanced team overall.

theskull1

Can't comment too much as I haven't seen much at this level. Was impressed with St Pauls in their semi with ahoghill. Played with a good level of intensity and worked the ball into their danger area very well. Was actually trying tyo understand why they couldn't hack it in Div 1, because if they played with the same gusto they would definately get results. Was great to see Paul Donnelly out hurling. Looks as lively as ever as well

Haven't seen St Threasa's at senior, but they played our U21's last year and I was really impressed with the way they played the game. Won the game by the skin of our teeth in the end. If these clubs can keep these young players and get them to believe that they put it up to any opposition if they put the effort in then Antrim will be all the stronger for it

Lecale2

St Teresa's are a young fit team with great potential. The have some nippy forwards who will get you scores from play and a solid defense. They should have too much for Rasharkin despite Rasharkin playing at a higher level in the league. Rasharkin's biggest problem will be keeping their discipline.

Assessor

Quote from: theskull1 on September 30, 2008, 08:38:01 AM
Assessor if you disagree with some posters comments then focus on them specifically. Insert their quotes into your reply and make your arguments in a clear and consise way. The drivel from your last post (and many of your 13 others) doesn't win any debates, as well as make you look like a bit of an eejit

Am I the only one who cringes at this "tis smee", "boys a boys" shite?

It is me pal! (Tis smee, tis smee, tis smee).  You must be really cringing now, I hope!

I am not here to win debates unlike you who thinks that people are really going to listen to the claptrap you post frequently.  Ask youself, who is the real eejit here pal?

Just here to keep you all in check and listen to the rumour mongering, character assassinations and insignificant tittle tattle that is aired on this wasters forum.  The forum and it's shallow minded contributors does not really align itself much to the greater benefit of 'Antrim Hurling' but primarily to criticise, lambast and ridicule individuals who are not here to debate or defend themselves.

Like others, shame on you.

Tis smee, The Assessor.
'The Profound Assessor'

NAG

Last Man and Skull couldnt agree more

I think this agent provocateur is sent to spy on the board, maybe from the new watch tower!

This is a discussion board and is here for people to discuss issues surrounding antrim hurling, if you dont have an opinion or cant defend it then what are you doing here?

If you dont like it then dont come on it or post on it.

If you disagree with something that is said then by all means state your point thats how reasoned debate works.

theskull1

Quote from: NAG on September 30, 2008, 01:16:17 PM
I think this agent provocateur is sent to spy on the board

I know what you both mean. He actually comes across as too stupid. If he is wouldn't you think that our county board should focus their attentions on people in our county who actually don't have an opinion on Antrim hurling.

Assessor

Quote from: theskull1 on September 30, 2008, 03:24:39 PM

I know what you both mean. He actually comes across as too stupid. If he is wouldn't you think that our county board should focus their attentions on people in our county who actually don't have an opinion on Antrim hurling.

Hi there NumSkull, tis smee.

Are you really that stupid to think that the opinions and you of your cohorts on here really matter or will be listened to?  Now there is something for ye all to DEBATE.

Go ahead, debate away, nobody will listen to ye anyway!   Why don't ye all try, if any of ye have that capacity to debate something worthwhile, meaningful, positive that will actually stimulate some real debate instead just having that cheapshots.  I guess not, I am of the opinion from what I can see that, that level of intelligence does not exist on this forum at all.

Ye are all ill informed and easliy manipulated half wits with nothing much better to do.  Dole spongers or Civil Servants I guess!

'The Profound Assessor'

theskull1

Quote from: Assessor on September 30, 2008, 04:01:13 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on September 30, 2008, 03:24:39 PM

Hi there NumSkull, tis smee.

Are you really that stupid to think that the opinions and you of your cohorts on here really matter or will be listened to?  Now there is something for ye all to DEBATE.

Go ahead, debate away, nobody will listen to ye anyway!  Why don't ye all try, if any of ye have that capacity to debate something worthwhile, meaningful, positive that will actually stimulate some real debate instead just having that cheapshots.  I guess not, I am of the opinion from what I can see that, that level of intelligence does not exist on this forum at all.

Ye are all ill informed and easliy manipulated half wits with nothing much better to do.  Dole spongers or Civil Servants I guess!

:D :D :D
15 posts of unintelligible drivel from you and you want us to listen to this comment? What a feckin eejit you are. If theres nothing here to interest you, then why don't you clear off? To date you have offered this disscusion board nothing but childish patter and laid bare your obsession with referees. Contributors like yourself will not be missed

Arthur_Friend

Lads you're feeding the troll. Ignore him and he'll go away, or maybe he'll keep posting, but who cares?

Glensman

Both Intermediate and Junior hard to call.

If the Gorts manage to curtail the left corner forward (is it Geezer? they could be in with a real shout).

As regards the junior a very interesting mix. I fear for St Theresa's though and hope that they will be ready to mix it. Rasharkin have a dangerous habit of bringing opposition down to their level...i.e. by cutting them up.
Rasharkin's centre half back Hasson is a great player at this level and if he is not allowed to clear as much ball as he normally does St Theresa's could be in with a shout.

On reflection I realise I probably haven't praised Cushendall enough for the senior win. The completely nullified Loughgeil, who seemed for some reason to be on the road to win this year. Admittedly Winker was not at his best and when on was marked tightly (sometimes cynically enough) by Micky Monty but the players mentioned before had great games - Graffin, McManus, Elliott, S McNaughton.
Hope the win and the manner in which they did it...relatviely without fuss will be good sign going forward.
Some serious work and they might be able to challenge further than Ulster.

I heard Dungiven have been on the razzle for 2 1/2 days since their final...thought they would be aiming higher given how close they were to Dunloy last year.
Should be an interesting match!

theskull1

Cushendall should beat Dungiven handy enough I reckon. They have peaked at the right time.

davincicode

Assessor, you seem to have got a rise from a few of our regular posters. I was at the game and have a few views of my own, the game was poor, promised everthing and delivered nothing in the line of great hurling. Loughguile never got out of the blocks, Wednesday night may have told. You seem to defend and are share a common bond with the referees. Who was the lad that came on with the linesman over the waterboy incident? Don,t know what he was doing there, he continually was up and down the line? What was he doing? He was wearing the referees top?

Do you feel Cushendal Should have had a penalty?

Do you feel Loughguile should have been given theirs?

Referee had,nt much to do, what do you feel?

Can cushendal go any further?

Look forward to a constructive responce, prove to my associates that you are a gaa man through and through.