Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Somebody on a serious wind up here.

I thought only paisley referred to North Antrim as God's country.

Anyhow.

What about a few predictions for Sunday, my own thoughts on who is for winning keeps changing, After our defeat i thought Loughgiel would win.  thats changed slightly in that i don't think Cushendall will be as poor as we where or the game will have the same intensity, which definately brought the best out of loughgiel.

Cushendalls forwards are wilely without being exceptional, defence is mean and they have a midfield to match Loughgiels for energy (hugely impressed with Natty).  Still think they will need goals, but they are more than capable.

So what i'm saying is Loughgiel could win or Cushendall could win, or it could be a draw  ??? ??? ???

As for all this chat about refereeing, i think the semi final was a shining example of how to improve the standard of antrim hurling, let the intensity go, antrim teams need to become accustomed to that level of intensity where not every free is blown - as is the case in the south, once the players come to expect that level of intensity and aggression then the technical skill will improve.  for years we've been putting the cart before the horse
What happens next????

girt_giggler

Finally got betting for the match....and am quite suprised

Cushendall 1/2
Loughgiel 9/5
Draw 10/1

Toals

monkey

Quote from: girt_giggler on September 26, 2008, 01:06:57 PM
Finally got betting for the match....and am quite suprised
Cushendall 1/2
Loughgiel 9/5
Draw 10/1
Toals

Assume this was in shop? Cant see anything online

the colonel

Hurling - Cushendall vs Loughgiel - (Antrim SHC Final) - (Match betting)Sunday 28th of September, 2008
Time Selection Odds
16:00 Cushendall 1.80
Draw 10.00
Loughgiel 2.10

ladbrokes
the difference between success and failure is energy

the colonel

Loughgiel v Cushendall Match Betting 
Loughgiel  8 - 15 
Draw  9 - 1 
Cushendall  13 - 8 

paddy power

girt_giggler

colonel can you re-post with fraction odds, unsure of decimal ones.

girt_giggler

Cheers.  Why the big difference? either Toals or Ladbrokes is wrong although what Ladbrokes are offering is more in line with what i assumed it would be

the colonel

girt that second one was paddy power.

here is ladbrokes

Hurling - Cushendall vs Loughgiel - (Antrim SHC Final) - (Match betting)Sunday 28th of September, 2008
Time Selection Odds
16:00 Cushendall 4/5
Draw 9/1
Loughgiel 11/10

girt_giggler

3 bookmakers with all hugely different prices.  interesting. back shamrocks in toals, cushendall with paddy power & the draw wherever ye want!

Assessor

Quote from: maxpower on September 26, 2008, 12:55:40 PM
Somebody on a serious wind up here.

I thought only paisley referred to North Antrim as God's country.

Anyhow.

What about a few predictions for Sunday, my own thoughts on who is for winning keeps changing, After our defeat i thought Loughgiel would win.  thats changed slightly in that i don't think Cushendall will be as poor as we where or the game will have the same intensity, which definately brought the best out of loughgiel.

Cushendalls forwards are wilely without being exceptional, defence is mean and they have a midfield to match Loughgiels for energy (hugely impressed with Natty).  Still think they will need goals, but they are more than capable.

So what i'm saying is Loughgiel could win or Cushendall could win, or it could be a draw  ??? ??? ???

As for all this chat about refereeing, i think the semi final was a shining example of how to improve the standard of antrim hurling, let the intensity go, antrim teams need to become accustomed to that level of intensity where not every free is blown - as is the case in the south, once the players come to expect that level of intensity and aggression then the technical skill will improve.  for years we've been putting the cart before the horse

MP, ye boy ye!

I totally concur with your analysis in the need for greater intensity and pace in the Aontroim style of hurling.  However, 'intensity' is one thing, 'butchery and savagery' is another thing indeed.  By the way, no 'wind up at all', North Antrim is 'Gods Country' where hurling is concerned here.  In defense of the referee, he can only see what he sees and what his umpires may bring to his attention.

Be warned, you umpires, I am not only watching the referees.
'The Profound Assessor'

Minder

13/8 for the dirty Dall, a steal.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

very strange  the betting, one gives it to Loughgiel the other the Dall? i'm a bit like you at the minute Max, start of the yeart it was Loughgiel now as we draw near i may be edging towards a fully fit team in Cushendall, Shamrocker has been quiet all week what tactics will loughgiel bring to this game?

girt_giggler

All change in the betting again....

Paddy Power

Loughgiel 8/11
Cushendall 5/4

Toals

Loughgiel 13/10
Cushendall 8/11

Ladbrokes still waiting for betting in the shop.

I managed to get the 9/5(toals) with Loughgiel but missed the 13/8 (p power) with Cushendall

Still strange the difference in the betting.

girt_giggler

Still money to be made there for any big hitters if ye take the bigger prices in each shop & throw smaller amount on the draw.

theskull1

Quote from: girt_giggler on September 26, 2008, 02:19:58 PM

I managed to get the 9/5(toals) with Loughgiel but missed the 13/8 (p power) with Cushendall

Call yourself a loughgiel supporter  :)

Don't you know it'll bring you bad luck even thinking about betting for the other side.  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera