Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on September 24, 2008, 04:13:51 PM
Just how dangerous is it to play with a broken jaw? Other than the possibility of further damage to the jaw (which should heal over time anyway) I wouldn't have thought there would be any long term health issues with doing so? Can anybody enlighten us?

Apart from looking like desperate dan all the rest of his life he'll be fine:

NAG

Totally dependent on where the jaw is broken! If broken  ;)

theskull1

:)

Didn't realise myself that winker got the injury in the first half. I thought it happened in the last quarter. If he was able to play most of the match (and play well) then if he has the break pinned then I see absolutely no issue with him playing with a faceguard and a jag in him. Actually don't think it will affect him at all. But then again....I ain't a doctor
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Guillem2

Breathing could be difficult as the game goes on. He'll need a good strong jag.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

maxpower

The last i heard it wasn't even broke, that at his scan on monday he was given the all clear and all the rumours are just that.

For my tuppence i'm sure he'll play, and i think loughgiel will win.  Cushendalls easy passage to the final will as has done loughgiel in recent years, served as a hinderence to them.  For the first time this loughgiel team goes into the final having beaten a team capable of winning the championship, when the going gets though that experience will be invaluable.

Cushendall don't really know how far they can be pushed.

Loughgiels defence has impressed me no end also, they may not have the same eye catching qualities the Dalls defence has but they do exactly what it says on the tin - stop quality forwards hurling.

With a strong defence, a workaholic midfield and the most natural scoring forward in their ranks, i think for the first time since the Rossa game, loughgiel go in as favourites.

Might not make it up to casement :(
What happens next????

milltown row

i hope its nothing to do with not playing in the final Max ;) come on up for around 2 watch the borefest that will be the football and quick pint down below (name tags optional) then ready for the main event, Knowing how the Dall will line out ;) i think that if they match Loughgiels hunger then could be curtains for Loughgiel.

Cushendall beat a full strength Ballygaget team on Sunday handy enough. Culbert i believe has been taking them for tough physical training sessions. but I'm still going for Loughgiel. Anybody out there going for the Dall? they know how to win the Championship. Monty to make a comeback

theskull1

3 things milltown

After last year I don't think you'll get too many N Antrim men at the futball...unless of course your buying the pints  :)
Dunloy beat Ballygalget handy enough as well  :-\
Monty has been playing all year......although in saying that he's a bit like james brown in that respect
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

thanks Skull for stating the obvious  :P

i know ya beat them but with County Downs final coming up and with the Ulster championship soon after, Ballygalget would have been trying a bit harder than the time you played them. as for Monty, well the injuries have set in over the years but he's got a good eye for goal, something you have said they have lacked recently. Maybe Shane can perform as well as he did against Loughgiel the last time, give Barney the run around.

as for the pints, well thats a non starter, i dont drink ;) ;)

youngfella

Skulls getting a bit edgy. Christ there fans would be unbearable, even this side of the water. I'll go with the og's and the shams to shite themselves again, the og's have being there and done it
Pull hard and early

Minder

I think the Dall will win it,not sure there is enough scoring from the Shamrocks if Master Watson is kept in some sort of order by the Dalls backs. Hoping for a good game but i have to say i think the standard in Antrim is as poor as i can remember for many years.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

youngfella

If hes playing he'll be carried off or sent off. the dall boys will get to him. As for the standard of hurling, clubs need to put more time into there youth and guide them into senior level.
Pull hard and early

milltown row

three teams competing for a championship every year is not bad going, in some counties only one team wins nearly every year.

Dunloy in the past have made many a break through at the semi final stage, i believe Loughgiel could, once they break Antrim, make an impact on te all ireland semi finals. if Antrim had have played with as much passion as was witnessed the other night we would be a lot better.  real fight, do or die, one bite at the cherry style hurling.

thats what has been missing for all these years in Antrim county hurling

monkey

It will be interesting to see how the bookies price the match.
Id go 8/11 Loughgiel, 6/5 Cushendall

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on September 24, 2008, 09:30:18 PM
three teams competing for a championship every year is not bad going, in some counties only one team wins nearly every year.

Dunloy in the past have made many a break through at the semi final stage, i believe Loughgiel could, once they break Antrim, make an impact on te all ireland semi finals. if Antrim had have played with as much passion as was witnessed the other night we would be a lot better.  real fight, do or die, one bite at the cherry style hurling.

thats what has been missing for all these years in Antrim county hurling

There isnt a team in Antrim at present anywhere near the standard of those Dunloy teams that were close to winning it all. I believe the winner of Ulster will play the Munster winners and say for example Loughguile were Ulster winners they would not be physical enough to compete. Some pretty light fellas on that team, especially as the match would be in February and conditions would be heavy. Nothing like getting ahead of ourselves  :P
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Assessor

Quote from: NAG on September 24, 2008, 09:07:23 AM
Just to make it interesting anyone care to offer odds on the number of yellow cards?

What is the good word on Watson have they had the whole parish saying the Novena or is he fit and raring to go as usual.

Hi there Nag, ye big woman ye.

As an Assessor, I feel you are beginning to act as you Pseudonym suggests, i.e. a disgruntled, contankerous and a munipulative whinger, with a severe chip on both shoulders.  In my opinion, your twisted comments tend to smack of either a retired or current referee, who is no longer the centre of attraction!

I will be watching you closely!
'The Profound Assessor'