Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

And what will you tell me is wrong with a highly charged dual between 2 N.Antrim teams and supporters, as long as he keeps the dirt out of it then thats exactly what I would expect to get for my 12quid.

theskull1

The problem LM is Assessor is reading about the GAA from a text book  :)

If he actually got out a bit more he might accept that there has been a huge variance in the way games have been refereed. That is fact. More consistency needed in trying to let the game flow without being overly fussy.
Hope that'll be in the next edition of your text book assessor ..... :P
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Assessor

Quote from: Last Man on September 23, 2008, 04:42:16 PM
And what will you tell me is wrong with a highly charged dual between 2 N.Antrim teams and supporters, as long as he keeps the dirt out of it then thats exactly what I would expect to get for my 12quid.

There ye go Last Man!  The 'dirt' as you put it, has absolutely nothing to do with the referee, so how is he expected to keep the 'dirt' out of it? Surely this will come down to the players, on the day or in any given game.  Now you wont find that in any text book as your Ali 'TheSkull1' suggests. Let the appointed referee get on with the game and don't even attempt to preempt his actions, like so many other contributors appear to be doing.  The 'flow of the game' in many situations is entirely dependent upon the actions and demeanour of the players. 

This referee appointment, I believe to be well deserved and a clear acknowledgement of the consistency, fitness level and overall ability of one of our own National referees.

Let's all hope for a free flowing, manly and skillful game of hurling, without the 'dirt' of course!
'The Profound Assessor'

milltown row

Garret will be grand, the game will not boil over like the one the other night, great for the supporters and the Belfast Gaels, but some tacles were too dangerous Owen did well to spot mostly everything but the referee can only see so much.

looking forward to the match, forget about the referee, if Dickey Murphy came up to referee it we'd still complain ;)

where have the Dall Posters been? if the Dall put the right men on certain Loughgiel players then they could sneak it, i'm going for Loughgiel regardless of wether Watson is plaing or not. he may come on later in the game once the dust settles

imtommygunn

It'll be an interesting game. The Dall have the defense certainly but it's maybe round midfield / key forward positions where they struggle.

They've always seemed to struggle for a settled midfield but maybe Paddy Magill being that bit more experienced now will help. They do seem to have been over reliant on him for scores though. It'll be interesting to see if McManus / McKillop play and if so where.

I think that Loughgiel may sneak this as I don't think Cushendall have enough up front. The last time they gained a momentum in the second half from Neil McManus cleaning up at FF and that led to Loughgiel capitulating. I couldn't see this happening with Neil McGarry at full back. Conor McCambridge is just that yard too slow now and they seem to still have vacancies round half forward which may unsettle them.

Loughgiel by 2 or 3 (Of course that's dependent on winker playing but if he isn't it's about time Joey Scullion lived up to that potential.)

Stayousidethesquare

As a member of the St Galls club, i cant believe that  all you supposed experts seem to be making the game on Sunday about the Referee! He is a fellow clubman of mine, and from what i can see, some of the posts are comming from quarters that are suffering from Sour Grapes as previously said by assessor? The guy has just been awarded a county final, like so many before him& and so many after him, let him and the club enjoy what should be a victorious day!!!!!

A lot of speculations, rumours, bitching, mixing seem to be comming from his own colleagues in GREEN&BLACK it is rumoured, Maybe some are on this site? Stories have reached Milltown already. I promise you this, as i hear them i will post them, and we will see what comes out of the woodwork!!!!

Good Luck from all the lads in the club and ignore the small minded idiots, who seem to believe that the world revolves around them and them alone! MR you should be supporting a fellow clubman, enough said?

milltown row

bruce, can you read??????? read my post again numb nuts. Garret will be grand i said. your first post i'll forgive ya. who and what other rumours have ya heard?

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on September 23, 2008, 06:19:07 PM
Garret will be grand, the game will not boil over like the one the other night, great for the supporters and the Belfast Gaels, but some tacles were too dangerous Owen did well to spot mostly everything but the referee can only see so much.

looking forward to the match, forget about the referee, if Dickey Murphy came up to referee it we'd still complain ;)

where have the Dall Posters been? if the Dall put the right men on certain Loughgiel players then they could sneak it, i'm going for Loughgiel regardless of wether Watson is plaing or not. he may come on later in the game once the dust settles

That was a helluva an insult from Milltown Row wasnt it Stayoutsidethesquare...............?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bacon

Quote from: Stayousidethesquare on September 23, 2008, 08:28:44 PM
As a member of the St Galls club, i cant believe that  all you supposed experts seem to be making the game on Sunday about the Referee! He is a fellow clubman of mine, and from what i can see, some of the posts are comming from quarters that are suffering from Sour Grapes as previously said by assessor? The guy has just been awarded a county final, like so many before him& and so many after him, let him and the club enjoy what should be a victorious day!!!!!

A lot of speculations, rumours, bitching, mixing seem to be comming from his own colleagues in GREEN&BLACK it is rumoured, Maybe some are on this site? Stories have reached Milltown already. I promise you this, as i hear them i will post them, and we will see what comes out of the woodwork!!!!

Good Luck from all the lads in the club and ignore the small minded idiots, who seem to believe that the world revolves around them and them alone! MR you should be supporting a fellow clubman, enough said?

This isn't Garret is it? He has more sense.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

theskull1

I hope the irony of your first post is not lost on you Stayoutsidethesquare

Shit stirring of the highest order. Are we meant to listen to a glipe like you? ???

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

HS...It was Loughgiel who held up the 2006 final, when Cushendall were going out onto the field..Loughgiel were only entering Casement changing rooms...resulting in a few 'hello's' in the corridor!!!

milltown row

do referees get in for free ;)

girt_giggler

Anyone seen any betting on the hurling final yet?

NAG

Just to make it interesting anyone care to offer odds on the number of yellow cards?

What is the good word on Watson have they had the whole parish saying the Novena or is he fit and raring to go as usual.