Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunloy

How is the dalls prep going? surely they are re-focused and have the hunger again after losing out last year? The two games with us will have done Loughgiel the world of good coming into the final, the flip side to that of course is that itll have given cushendall more than enough of an idea of what to expect in the final. Cant see them being as shell shocked by loughgiels intense approach as we were, I think Cushendall will win if they are hungry this year, they have the defence to stop loughgiel and are also solid in the middle. Can see it being quite a low scoring game.

Assessor

;)  Hi there game controllers!  I am watching Ye All!
'The Profound Assessor'

the colonel

will be a tight game and will be difficult to predict who the winner will be. any sort of idea's on the loughgiel team (would be expecting watson to start)?

cushendall will have to match loughgiels hunger and will need to be smart on the sidelines. could also be a case of subs making an impact to win the game for both teams
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

sensible timing for the match, Football at 2.00pm and the Hurling at 4.00pm. anyword on the referees?

Assessor

Hi the ye fellas!

Any truth in what I am hearing about St. Brigids?  Apparently, and I am reliabily informed, St. Brigids's are not permitted to play the National Anthem or fly any flags at their new Musgrave Park ground.  This was agreed as a pre-condition by St. Brigid's and Belfast City Council, prior to taking over the grounds!  Would this mean that no championship games can be played at Musgrave.  Now, I wonder what Mr. 'Jolly' Brolly and Co. have to say about that?
'The Profound Assessor'

milltown row

Quote from: Assessor on September 22, 2008, 08:03:30 PM
Hi the ye fellas!

Any truth in what I am hearing about St. Brigids?  Apparently, and I am reliabily informed, St. Brigids's are not permitted to play the National Anthem or fly any flags at their new Musgrave Park ground.  This was agreed as a pre-condition by St. Brigid's and Belfast City Council, prior to taking over the grounds!  Would this mean that no championship games can be played at Musgrave.  Now, I wonder what Mr. 'Jolly' Brolly and Co. have to say about that?

what other grounds bar Casement play the National Anthem? bar new grounds being open for National league games.

Assessor

Quote from: milltown row on September 22, 2008, 08:15:54 PM
Quote from: Assessor on September 22, 2008, 08:03:30 PM
Hi the ye fellas!

what other grounds bar Casement play the National Anthem? bar new grounds being open for National league games.

Ballycastle, Dunloy, Loughuille, Cushendall to name but a few and not only national League games!
'The Profound Assessor'

Lecale2

Two Hands FFS

Garrett Duffy down to referee,you can expect paddy magill & watson to hit big totals

NAG

I think they have got the selection wrong on that one, he is out of his depth at level because he doesnt understand the game properly as to what is acceptable to the players and what is not acceptable to anyone.

Sad but true!

Two Hands FFS

Totally agree NAG hope he doesnt blow everything up which he tends to do

Guillem2

Some referees get very nervous before big games like this and it affects the way they referee it. I hope he does ok but I'd be a wee bit worried that he won't let the game develop at all.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Last Man

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 23, 2008, 11:19:29 AM
Garrett Duffy down to referee,you can expect paddy magill & watson to hit big totals
What ever happened to Garret, maybe my memory is a bit clouded but up until 3 or 4 years ago I always thought he was decent at keeping things just below boiling point, keeping the game flowing and keeping it enjoyable for players and spectators alike. No harm to him but I'd think twice about goin on Sunday just to watch an exhibition of free taking.  ::)

theskull1

Hate being over picky regarding refs. They should be held up in the highest of esteem at all times. Maybe then we would improve consistency. Hope he doesn't be over fussy on the tiny technical fouls and punishes where there is intent to harm the player. Very often the opposite has been the case and games have decended into freefests. Good luck to him in the final. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Assessor

Hi there ye fellas!
[
i]
Ack! now just listen to ye all going on about referees again, rabbiting on about not letting the game flow and the like.  Give credit where credit is due to the Referees.  They are all only human like the rest of us and can make mistakes as we all do.  Remember however, the game will only flow if the players wish for it to do so and providing they do not get caught up in petty, silly off the ball incidents. 

Garrett Duffy will do a good job, sure he is a highly experienced referee with National League games, National League Finals and other significant games under his belt, why the pessimism, an air of sour grapes in some parts maybe?

I hope he lets the game flow like everyone else.  However, I dont think, given his experience, that he will let the game develop into a highly charged duel between two North Antrim hurling teams and Supporters, as we have recently witnessed. Good luck to ya Duff, have a good one.
[/i]  Remember, I will be watching ya!  ;)
'The Profound Assessor'