Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

THE DADGA

how much is it into the match tomorrow??

maxpower

match at 7:45pm Owen Elliott to referee and £6 in
What happens next????

Dunloy

A reasonably fair analysis on the match from you all(for the best part anyway), personally i thought we were terrible but for maybe two 10 minute spells(one in first, one in the second half), i cant remember who it was but someone mentioned earlier we have fallen into a bad habit of letting teams back into games and not finishing teams off and i have to agree with that totally, realistically we should never have won ulster last year because of this problem. I'm going to stick my neck on the line here and say we will win tomorrow night. I just feel that after our past 2-3 games(which we won extremely comfortably) a bit of complacency set in and we were expecting things to come as easily to us again. We never matched Loughgiel for work rate or intensity and they probably should have stolen it at the death, i can see why they will be full of confidence for the replay but we will not be short in the respect either, looking at it from a Dunloy point of view we played for about 20 minutes, only scored 1-13 yet Loughgiel still couldn't beat us, and on top of that we were never behind bar the first 10 minutes. There is also the fact that 3 of our forwards were on holidays prior to the game and that is always going to have a negative effect on the individuals concerned, it'll give them a chance to get back up to speed, with that in mind and the fact everyone else should have given themselves a shake i cant see Loughgiel out doing us in terms of intensity and hunger this time. Dunloy to win by 5 :oAs for the ref again agree 100%, i thought he was a shambles and his preferential treatment of "county stars" is just the most horrible sight, he was constantly laughing and joking with winker and was also being overly pally with Malachy Molloy, i cannot stand that kind of refereeing as the minute he makes it a personal thing it gets in the way of the job in hand.

theskull1

I see our county secreatry has been certified as on eof the GAA's new Tutor Trainers along with Jim Darragh. Are these paid roles?

http://www.anfearrua.com/db.asp?a=topicdisplay&tid=544485&xpos=0#bottom
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

hard to strike a balance though Dunloy, we want players to respect the referee and as players we hate if the referee comes across as being arogant and making himself the main attraction, NOW we dont like referees who know players by their names and sharing a joke with them  ??? ???

i understand where youre coming from as i was at the game. but the reality is this, Ray has not a care in the world as to who wins/loses or draws as was the case on Sunday. there was some things that annoyed both teams i'm sure. everyone sees it different and calls it differently.

Owen to do it tonight, did a fair job in the Inter. semi on sunday.

saffron sam2

Johnnies under-16 saw off Rossa by 4 last night.  The referee had a good game by all accounts. :)

Honestly.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Dunloy

Yes i agree, a balance is hard to reach and also agree that i hate referees who display arrogance, i just feel sometimes county players during club games are treated different in antrim to those 'regular' club players, saw a serious case of this in our first round of the football championship were Geard Dougan done pretty much everything for Paul Doherty and Benny Hasson bar give them a hug and kiss :D :D, preferably a referee would be almost robot like, he has a job to do and like the players themselves, any friendships etc shouldnt be carried on to the field of play.

as for tonight, Happy enough with the ref, just hope we turn up now

milltown row

it seems there is a lot of money being pumped into tomights game, paddy power had Loughgiel at 3/1 to win tonights game. its been dropped to 15/8 now. bookies running scared or over confident Loughgiel supporters?

any final thoughts? suppose by now the villages up north will be heading south towards the big smoke

Minder

Dunloy 0-5 Loughguile 0-7 ht

THE DADGA

any full time score anyone

Minder

Loughguile 0-16 Dunloy 0-9 ft

slow corner back

Dunloy finished with 13 men during " a great game of hurling but very hard " according to a loughgiel fan. Were loughgiel seriously at 3/1 for this match? That is a serious c**k up by paddy power if they were, this was always going to be a tight affair.

Minder

The dismissals had no bearing on the outcome,they were near the end. I havent seen a Dunloy team stoop to oul dirty pulls like that before. Loughguile were the best team by a mile.

glenullinabu

Quote from: Minder on September 17, 2008, 09:30:45 PM
I havent seen a Dunloy team stoop to oul dirty pulls like that before.

tell that to the kevin lynches players ::)