Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

na mrT ball was wide, thought Dunloy were strolling it up to that point (20 mins) even when Loughgiel got the goal Dunloy went out and scored 4 unaswered points to go 6 up!!! Loughgiel didn't change their game plan Dunloys support play stopped, and they tired. think winker took himself out to win ball, which he did. so begs the question, if ya stop Winker will ya win?

Whose panel was the strongest? could the lines (management) have won the game?

looking forward to not traveling 100 miles on wed

slow corner back

Quote from: MrT on September 14, 2008, 08:52:22 PM
i agree milltown dim dim was terrible.  I expected shay Casey to start. thought James campbell did reasonably well in centre 3 for a young boy.  I doubt oul ally still got it, the more i think about his goal i think it was actually lethal! to swing on it in the air is hard to do.  I hear people talking about loughgiels shot in the dying minutes, i think ding hit it, the crowd went mad and dunloy keeper put his hands to his heads but umpire gave it a wide.  Does anybody have an opinion on that??

From where I was standing ( about half way line on the town side terrace ) I thought it was wide. Young campbell took his goal well although it was a poor pass out of defence to set him up. What age is young campbell by the way, he looks about 14!!

Glensman

It looked wide from where I was but he Dunloy keeper (in a better position than us all) said it went over.

If Winker is stopped I think Loughgeil would be beat.

milltown row

great venue Ballycastle, is it the best in the county? what will Dunloys be like once finished?

Two Hands FFS

Suprised Darren Quinn started in place of either Sean Dowds or Paddy Doc & thought that Dowds would have came on. Dunloy never got any ball into Ally in the 2nd half who was looking very dangerous, same applies for Shorty too. Conor Cunning had a good game, very intelligent in possesion & strong in the tackle. Winker(for all his faults) took some superb scores when able to get on the balll. Loughgiel must be worried as they still relied on them heavily. Joey Scullion was poor, as was Dim Dim. Duck McFadden had a pretty good game on Paddy Richmond who was pretty poor

Minder, think McGhee has been working away...the young keeper done well & was very safe in his handling.

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on September 14, 2008, 09:26:58 PM
Skull someone was telling me gareth mcghee was at the match as a spectator,is he injured ?

Not injured Minder, just didn't commit this year. Very happy to have Gabby minding for us though. Puck outs could be a hair longer but he's a young lad who's been steady as a rock for us this year. HIS attitude is 100% to boot. He'll lengthen his puck outs as he fills out
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

slow corner back

The problem today was not the length of the puck out but the predictability. A few short ones to the half back line would not have gone amiss.

MrT

From where I was standing ( about half way line on the town side terrace ) I thought it was wide. Young campbell took his goal well although it was a poor pass out of defence to set him up. What age is young campbell by the way, he looks about 14!!
[/quote]

id say james campbell is about 18 or 19.  He was minor last year so what ever way that works out.  Havnt got my thinking cap on at the min. ???
Both scullions were poor.  I thought skinner was probably shamrocks best player.
So glensman your telling me dunloy keeper said it was over?? uch well what can you do now?

maxpower

dissapointing and extremely uncharacteristic of us to throw away such a winning margin and in the end to be lucky to escape with a draw.  Don't think any Dunloy an was terribly dissapointed to hear the final whistle as there looked to be only one team hurling at the end.

We had ten minutes either side of half time where we went on top and didn't really drive home our advantage, created a few half chances for goals but didn't seriously trouble DD and gave away cheap frees. 

as for the last shot by Ding, no question at all it was wide, i had the perfect view and to be honest i couldn't understand the furore as too me it was clearly wide.
What happens next????

milltown row

after that game would Cushendall be favourites for the final? seems they are coming into the game with a bit of form. have Dunloy peaked too early? and could Loughgiel finally deliver? all these questions and more to be answered in the coming days.

on another note. the Dunloy keeper, is he under 21? and the loughgiel number 11 is he also under 21?  just that Ray was wanting the Dunloy keeper to wear a helmet, as all under 21's must wear helmets with a face guard. the loughgiel number 11 took his off during the game. was Ray being picky, and what was that thing tied to his face? was he in contact with the Chairman, ensuring a draw??????

i see no referee has been fixed for it yet, and generally they dont use the same referee. will it be Owen or Garret?

Shamrock

Just after reading through all the posts about yesterdays game. Some good debate and some rubbish as well :D from our point of view we didnt perform for a good part of the game. the last 17 minutes of game was one way traffic. Like my dunloy friends said, we were winning all the 50 50 balls and turning ball at a serious rate. Dunloy were there for the taking and in my opinion still are. Our lads have come away very confident and know mentally they can match the dunloys. on the other hand theres prob no way paddy richmond will be held scoreless again and they wont score for 20 minutes. And as skull says there will be some soul searching for them to do. They have been through this before and im sure they will come out a different animal on wed night. But i honestly feel that if our lads dont freeze, we will squueze through with the game going to the wire. Id like to see a few of our younger lads thrown on with 10 to go to freshen it up and run at dunloys tiring legs - Tony mcCloskey, McKillop etc.

Two nights in a row to casement - expensive week for us folk!

Will dunloy change their line up??

NAG

Agree with most of whathas been said on the game at the weekend, I have to say that for a team like Dunloy to only score 1.13 and still not be beaten is unusual in the extreme. I dont think anyone who scored 1.13 would expect to win a championship match. Credit to loughgiel they seemed to have their homework done on the game, and it nearly worked out for them. This reminds me alot of the ulster semi-final last year when ballycran drew with dunloy after having them on the rack.
IMO if dunloy are able to improve their work rate they should be ok, because there is no way that loughgiel will be able to restrict their forwards as easily on wednesday night. If loughgiel can produce what they did in the last 15mins again for 45-50 then they could get over the line.

Anyone else seriously disappointed with the standard of refereeing, I have said before on this board that i dont like criticising referee's but I couldnt not mention the performance on sunday. Again he was blowing the petty insignificatn fouls and letting Watson and others (only singling him out cause he was the worst offender) away with murder when swinging on the dropping ball, he was early and low on most attempts and not a word said. It is these dangerous fouls that arent being pulled up that dont do our game any favours.

maxpower

Gald you pointed it out NAG

you'd nearly think winker is a great servant too antrim hurling the way referee's protect him.  i counted twice he struck his man on the hand at the top of the hurl as he caught the ball (thats some 30 -36'' from the ball) which should have resulted in his second booking.  but that was never for happening.
What happens next????

theskull1

Can anybody else remember liam watson in the UHL final in cloughmills at the end of last year? He only apears to get booked for niggling/off the ball offenses, when it's  under a dropping ball where he's at his most trecherous yet I've never seen him penalised fir it.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Colonel Cool

What time is the replay in Casement tomorrow?

Thanks.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!