Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasmatazz:)

I got 3 tkts on ebay for £40.00 nicker each. in my hand now as i type with one hand . mate let me down as he can't go no-more . something about a hair cut . Any body need a spare tkt . £56.00 . asking price .  ;D

milltown row

hurling referee. could be a choice of three. if Loughgiel are beaten by Dunloy they may well plum for Tommy Mcintyre, if they get to another final it may well be between Mr Mathews, decent referee ;) and my club man Garret Duffy

as for the football i'd say they may go for the Rasharkin referee who has done really well since he's been a referee (can't mind his name) though the Casement bosses may feel he's a bit early for it. i think he'd do well

bannside

Owen Quinn is the referee from Rasharkin. The best up and coming ref in the game. A players referee if you know what I mean.

milltown row

yes bannside good referee who was a good player untill injury got the better of him. but would casement take a gamble? i think not. who's in the running for it?

bannside

Was at an og sport final at St Teresas a few weeks ago and Owen was the ref. He was going straight on to Omagh for a Tyrone V Down masters game, and then back to Portglenone for an intermediate c`ship match. Refereeing three matches that day.

I`d say if you polled the players, Owen would be the one ref no one would object to. Think he has his time served, and a county senior final well within his capabilities. Def the best in Antrim at this stage in my humble opinion!

MrT

Quote from: bannside on September 04, 2008, 09:26:22 PM
Was at an og sport final at St Teresas a few weeks ago and Owen was the ref. He was going straight on to Omagh for a Tyrone V Down masters game, and then back to Portglenone for an intermediate c`ship match. Refereeing three matches that day.

I`d say if you polled the players, Owen would be the one ref no one would object to. Think he has his time served, and a county senior final well within his capabilities. Def the best in Antrim at this stage in my humble opinion!

Although owen is a good referee, best in antrim i doubt it.  I also dont think he is up to "final standard". Tommy McIntyre has got the linesman job in all ireland final.  If loughgiel are not in the final this year i think it will be him.  I agree with milltown, if loughgiel are in final mr matthews or duffy.

Guillem2

Well who knows? They threw one in last year or the year before tha no one expected? GR. The ref souldn't be part of the pre match discussion really.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

davincicode

Guillem2, would disagree with you, they are usually the main discussion after any major game. No one has mentioned Owen Elliott lads, i watched him in Dublin he is as good as matthews or Duffy having seen them all in the national League, as i said before, all 3 lads referee differently outside antrim, they tend to let it go a lot more, which is good. If they did the same in the final, and players respected it i think we will have a cracker. Think Mc Intyre needs to stand aside and let the younger lads sort it between themselves.

I fully support the Owen Quinn proposal, very fit and communicates to the players, would love to see him get it. Rasharkin deserve something after the semi i hear!!

aontroim

Definitely have to agree with the sentiments on the 2 Owens - Elliot and Quinn.  Both very good younger referees who have a bright future ahead of them.  I know Owen Quinn had a tough call a couple of years back (maybe last year) on the U21 semi or final Cargin v Gort na Mona where he gave Gort a penalty to win the game at the death - i spoke to him about it afterward and he stuck by his guns - wasnt popular about Cargin for a while but i think they realised he is an honest ref and called it fairly.

Best of luck to them both and hope to see them get recognition for their talents.

milltown row

got my ticket sorted, train sunday morning for the usuall banter between the clubs. good craic and one common goal. getting pissed :P

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on September 05, 2008, 01:45:19 PM
got my ticket sorted, train sunday morning for the usuall banter between the clubs. good craic and one common goal. getting pissed :P

Aye got sorted too, lower canal  >:( Will try and shift that one to one of the rest of our party if i get a better one ! Had a missed call from Jurys Hotel, where we are staying, cant get the hold of them. They are either ringing to say we are the millionth customer and can stay in the presidential suite for free or they have overbooked and we can f*ck off !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Hogan Stand lower tier,  along between the 45 and 21 yard lines, hopefully back enough if it is raining. think it is :-\

Rasmatazz:)

Millltown hoe , have u got ur dubies sorted yet  ;D

milltown row

minor Hurling final off tonight. good call as the weather is crap would be unfair to train all year and then be asked to play in those conditions. but the football final is to still go ahead.....after a pitch inspection

NAG

Worst final in years! At least it takes us off the record books.

On another note did anyone catch Watson's article in the Sunday Tribune at the weekend?
Anyone able to post it up?