Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

And what if it was the Christy Ring Shamrock? Suits you sir, not that it will make much difference anyhow I suspect unless milltown is telling porkies

yeah Antrim should have moved the games 2 weeks ago (i.e before they played the quarter final) LOL. What next? Fix the hurling championship date in late Sept after the AI is read up?  :)

You would think that these situations have not happened before. I would expect the game to be moved if representations are made by the club's concerned
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

But will that throw loughgiel's carefully timed tilt at the championship off line!

Will they have enough recovery time for the semi-final?

Shamrock

wouldnt happen lads in any other county......but sure you dunloy folk love the big ball anyway, so im sure it will be moved lol.

As long as its played this weekend......

theskull1

Been on the planet long shamrock? It has happened for years in tjhis county

And as much as we like the odd kick around, we know what the main game is  ;)

maxpower

I hope its not moved as its part of Dunloy's planned festival this weekend and should attract a good crowd weather permitting.  

though i do agree with Skull, if one of our players was forced to play a county game 24 hours or less before championship i would be less than happy.  particulalry for St Galls who have pushed loughgiel (& ourselves) all the way in recent championships, they deserve to be at full tilt.
What happens next????

aontroim

Max looks like both the SHC & IHC games that were fixed for Dunloy have been moved. SHC - Glenravel, IHC - Bmena

Glensman

Looks like game moved already Max Power...

There was always going to be one who abused the Tommy Murphy cup. I have strayed from doing that but there is some merit in Shamrock's madness...

With the new road Andy will be back up by 4pm, a bit of stretching and he'll be grand.

I reiterate my earlier suggestion - St Galls v Loughgeil and St John's v Rossa moved to a double header at Casement on Sunday.

• St John's v Rossa 2pm (already done)
    St Galls v Loughgeil 4pm (Glenravel?! and have the city folk eaten alive by midgies, no way).

Bigger crowd at Casement, alot of Belfast interest, the bodies in the mix of it all.
Perfect.

Skull - there are 2 players involved who might have a clash. Andy McLean and Paul Close. Not counting Gavin Bell.
One clash on the day has been averted. One is later in the day (should be moved to Sunday).
2 players hold up a whole weekend of hurling? I think not.
As a wise man once said, catch yourself on.

theskull1

I know that man and I know he wasn't talking to himself when he said it.  ;)

Said it before. If it was the league then I'd be 4 square behind you. Championship (especially knock out) is different. Crazy to think otherwise.

Both Rossa & St Galls will need to be at their best to put it up to their opposition. Unfair to those clubs to be handicapped by the county board all as a result of representing their county

themanwhowasntthere

Latest version (part 251)

Antrim SHC - 2008
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee Comment
Loughgiel  St. Galls  Ballycastle 03/08/2008 13:15 Matthews Ray Qtr Final 
St. Johns  Rossa  Casement Park 03/08/2008 14:00 McAuley Liam Qtr Final 
Glenariff  Cushendall  Ballycastle 03/08/2008 15:00 Elliott Owen Qtr Final 
Dunloy  Ballycastle  Loughguile 03/08/2008 18:30 Duffy Garrett Qtr Final

Shamrock

Quote from: themanwhowasntthere on July 30, 2008, 01:06:39 PM
Latest version (part 251) :D :D :D

Antrim SHC - 2008
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee Comment
Loughgiel  St. Galls  Ballycastle 03/08/2008 13:15 Matthews Ray Qtr Final 
St. Johns  Rossa  Casement Park 03/08/2008 14:00 McAuley Liam Qtr Final 
Glenariff  Cushendall  Ballycastle 03/08/2008 15:00 Elliott Owen Qtr Final 
Dunloy  Ballycastle  Loughguile 03/08/2008 18:30 Duffy Garrett Qtr Final

Fair enough outcome, all things considered lads. So then what about the games

1. Us v St Galls - like all previous posters have said, st galls will give us our fill of it. Always do and the big pitch in ballycastle will suit their style. We had a few bad results, ballycastle in particular where we were brutally bad. But last 2 weeks has seen a good improvement and with a few of our injuries clearing up - will have a good side out, though we will still be without ding and prob neilly. Will McGourtys all be playing or is cj still in states. - hopefully win with 5 or 6 to spare

2. Dall v Glenariife - local rivalry etc - Dall seem to have turned a corner. Glenariffe will put it up to them but dall will pull away in last 12/13 minutes to win by 9pts

3. St Johns v Rossa - again locally rivalry. St johns by virtue of playing div 1 all year will pip rossa- who lets be honest are more of a championship side. St Johns to win by 5 with a late goal from McFall making them safe

4. Dunloy v BCastle - to me the best team in county at presentr will brush the town away. Although it wont be like their recent league game - dunloy to win by 14pts, pulling up and playing 5 subs.

Any other opinions???

theskull1

FFS
Dunloy centenary festival begins this weekend and the CCC can't even fix a game in the village...WTF

maxpower

Quote from: theskull1 on July 30, 2008, 02:04:56 PM
FFS
Dunloy centenary festival begins this weekend and the CCC can't even fix a game in the village...WTF

Aye dissapointed with that myself, the organisers put alot of effort into it and a game would have helped. 

why ballycastle for the St Galls game? just means st galls have further to travel,

As for the games, wouldn't comment on Dunloys game except to say the recent league match will have absolutely no reflection on what pans out, no two games are ever the same.

Expect much the same outcomes as Shamrock, treble for the weekend

Cushendall (-10)
Loughgiel (-12)
St Johns (-3)
What happens next????

Shamrock

Quote from: maxpower on July 30, 2008, 02:11:43 PM
FFS

Aye dissapointed with that myself, the organisers put alot of effort into it and a game would have helped.

why ballycastle for the St Galls game? just means st galls have further to travel,

As for the games, wouldn't comment on Dunloys game except to say the recent league match will have absolutely no reflection on what pans out, no two games are ever the same.

Cushendall (-10)
Loughgiel (-12)
St Johns (-3)

Can i assume that your committee decided that they couldnt stage the 2 proposed matches for sat evening because of your centenary celebrations. Im sure your pitches are being used for some of the activities.

Who manages/trains st galls

themanwhowasntthere

Quote from: Shamrock on July 30, 2008, 02:27:42 PM
Quote from: maxpower on July 30, 2008, 02:11:43 PM
FFS

Cushendall (-10)
Loughgiel (-12)
St Johns (-3)

Can i assume that your committee decided that they couldnt stage the 2 proposed matches for sat evening because of your centenary celebrations. Im sure your pitches are being used for some of the activities.

Who manages/trains st galls

Milltown Row owns that particular franchise lock, stock & barrel.    :D

Shamrock

But whats his name??