Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trouble Ahead

Minder, i hear the genariffe boys gave the Ref a hard time after the game, trying to get off the pitch. It sounds like they where a bit OTT!! to say the least. If the past is anything to go by, this guy does,nt take to kindly to this type of behaviour!

Minder

Quote from: Trouble Ahead on June 30, 2008, 06:47:12 AM
Minder, i hear the genariffe boys gave the Ref a hard time after the game, trying to get off the pitch. It sounds like they where a bit OTT!! to say the least. If the past is anything to go by, this guy does,nt take to kindly to this type of behaviour!

Nothing i havent seen a thousand times before, there was nothing physical. I think they were trying to find out how he saw fit to add 8 minutes of additional time. I suppose he wanted to be the star of the show and in that regard he was excellent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Minder....thats a very libelous comment to make without actually explaining how you can make it. We all can get frustrated by refereeing performances especially in tight games where one or two poor decisions can swing the game, but referees like players make many mistakes in a game. It's only when these desisions bring about the losing  of the game that people attack the referee's integrity. Very unfair and won't do much to encourage the right people to officiate at games it if their character is likely to be questioned on a regular basis.

Dunloy beat the Ports handy enough in the end after a very poor start where they went 7 down I think. Have to give it to the down men though....they battle the whole way. Very entertaining game because of the intensity and honest of effort throughout from both teams. Incidentally, if it was a closer affair the Ports may have felt aggrieved with the referee (Owen Elliott) IMO having an impact on the game as there were a few desisions that went against them which I wouldn't have given myself. In saying that I have to say that I was impressed with Owen Elliott overall (probably helped by the fact that both side were only interested in hurling) as he let the game go a fair bit, with plenty of good strong tackles going in all over the pitch. If all clubs went out only interested in hurling then I think it would help referees and the game itself up here massively.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on June 30, 2008, 09:23:33 AM
Minder....thats a very libelous comment to make without actually explaining how you can make it. We all can get frustrated by refereeing performances especially in tight games where one or two poor decisions can swing the game, but referees like players make many mistakes in a game. It's only when these desisions bring about the losing  of the game that people attack the referee's integrity. Very unfair and won't do much to encourage the right people to officiate at games it if their character is likely to be questioned on a regular basis.

Dunloy beat the Ports handy enough in the end after a very poor start where they went 7 down I think. Have to give it to the down men though....they battle the whole way. Very entertaining game because of the intensity and honest of effort throughout from both teams. Incidentally, if it was a closer affair the Ports may have felt aggrieved with the referee (Owen Elliott) IMO having an impact on the game as there were a few desisions that went against them which I wouldn't have given myself. In saying that I have to say that I was impressed with Owen Elliott overall (probably helped by the fact that both side were only interested in hurling) as he let the game go a fair bit, with plenty of good strong tackles going in all over the pitch. If all clubs went out only interested in hurling then I think it would help referees and the game itself up here massively.

As i stated Skull i can accept "mistakes", my only gripe is the allocation of 8 minutes of additional time at the end of 30 minutes of hurling. There is no mechanism to air any grievance though as referees are not held accountable for their actions/performances.

Maximus Marillius

Unbelievable performance from your hurlers at the weekend. Getting beat is one thing but to throw the towel in is another. WTF is that all about? Seen sambo on the Sunday game last night, he should have apoligised to the county for the teams performance.

theskull1

Sorry Minder ..just saw that post. f**k 8 minutes! What injuries were there in that period?

theskull1

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on June 30, 2008, 09:34:11 AM
Unbelievable performance from your hurlers at the weekend. Getting beat is one thing but to throw the towel in is another. WTF is that all about? Seen sambo on the Sunday game last night, he should have apoligised to the county for the teams performance.
Piss off Max. As if you give a fcuk

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: theskull1 on June 30, 2008, 09:36:20 AM

hi skull, do yis boys know what a hurl is for ;)
there ye go, i try to be nice and i get told where to go

Maximus Marillius

Lads there is alot of boys besides ye, looking for timber at this time of the year for a big bonfire they are building...you should make a big donation :D :D

theskull1

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on June 30, 2008, 09:42:58 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on June 30, 2008, 09:36:20 AM

hi skull, do yis boys know what a hurl is for ;)
there ye go, i try to be nice and i get told where to go

I know what I'd like to use it for you hurling hating b^&^%*(

"the biggest threat to hurling is from the GAA itself".....Paudie Butler

Maximus Marillius

Do I hate hurling?..no I don't...infact I love watching it....great game, but I love seeing my neighbours take tankings like that...with all that heart and soul....whats the colour of them jerseys gain....YELLOW

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on June 30, 2008, 09:35:38 AM
Sorry Minder ..just saw that post. f**k 8 minutes! What injuries were there in that period?

There was a bit of "handbags" between the two teams but that was resolved and the ball thrown in after about 3 minutes. It would have been a big win for us especially after playing the last 15 minutes with 14 men, from what i saw yesterday Cushendall have two byes to teh county final, they play Glenariffe then winners of St Johns v Rossa.

theskull1

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on June 30, 2008, 10:00:38 AM
Do I hate hurling?..no I don't...infact I love watching it....great game, but I love seeing my neighbours take tankings like that...with all that heart and soul....whats the colour of them jerseys gain....YELLOW

I'm sure you do love to watch it, but you'd hate to see it being played on your doorstep and would actively discourage it. You do realise you sound like the p***k you most likely are?

imtommygunn

Max after your footballer's performance you don't really have much to crow about.

It's ok though - all you guys believe you have the players to win the all ireland so it must be true!

theskull1

Quote from: Jack_Black on June 30, 2008, 10:37:53 AM
someone sent off minder - who

from what i have seen off cushendall this year, they cant be classified as byes for any team.

they got beat by a poor ballygalget team yesterday i see.

Cushendall have still got plenty of time to get things in order. They will be there or there abouts