Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groundlie

Im confused, would this mean Watson has been dropped because of what went on or what?

NAG

Can you think of any other reason why they wouldnt start him?

He put them in a position where they had absolutely no choice but to drop him, in the week of the championship match to go and kick soccer, lad needs his head looked at!

clootfromthe21

Quote from: NAG on June 27, 2008, 08:56:26 AM
Can you think of any other reason why they wouldnt start him?

He put them in a position where they had absolutely no choice but to drop him, in the week of the championship match to go and kick soccer, lad needs his head looked at!

A number of questions spring to mind.

1. Are Sambo & Woody for real, or will Mr Watson surprise us all and actually start on Saturday?

2. If he isn't for actually starting, will he throw the head altogether and not bother turning up at all?

3. Who will take the frees?

Minder

I just wonder have they made a statement by dropping him but someone will get the hook after 15-20 mins to make way for him........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

theskull1

Quote from: Jack_Black on June 27, 2008, 10:23:22 AM
Quote from: Minder on June 27, 2008, 10:19:59 AM
I just wonder have they made a statement by dropping him but someone will get the hook after 15-20 mins to make way for him........

i agree, which totally defeats the purpose of it all.

Yeah...agree with both posts

Feel sorry for Cormac Donnelly in at number 6. He's still a young lad with great potential, but I think he is being forced into these big positions almost as a rite of passage, before he is ready to play in them. He certainly hasn't stood out playing this position for his club. Gary O'Kane would have been the same age when he started playing with the county. At that time he was outstanding at centre half for Dunloy and even at that time was the best in Antrim. but they still played him in the corner at County level in those early years.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Bar Paddy Richmond i cant see where the scores are coming from on Saturday. Some of those forwards struggled to score regularly against Down & Derry

girt_giggler

The starting 15 on the hoganstand has Watson as a starter...

theskull1

Bad timing there minder with that post. Are we not agreed that winker should be off the panel?

Have to start with a commited panel and go on from there. I'm not looking for anything close to a win, but a never say die attitude would do for me regardless of how many scores we get. The team reflects where Antrim hurling is IMO so we can't be overly critical of team selection. Hopefully a committed performance will bring some boys on a bit

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on June 27, 2008, 11:10:12 AM
Bad timing there minder with that post. Are we not agreed that winker should be off the panel?

Have to start with a commited panel and go on from there. I'm not looking for anything close to a win, but a never say die attitude would do for me regardless of how many scores we get. The team reflects where Antrim hurling is IMO so we can't be overly critical of team selection. Hopefully a committed performance will bring some boys on a bit

In what way?

girt_giggler

Quote from: the colonel on June 27, 2008, 11:11:21 AM
i would rather go with the one on the county website

as I did, but thought I'd see what hoganstand had to say & thats what it came up with.

NAG

Havent heard that but that would be in total favour of it.

It would be the first decision of these two have made that I would actually support.

Have to agree with skull that feel sorry for cormac donnelly, this is a lad who hasnt even played a full season of club senior hurling, it is a massive step from minor to senior and S&W havent allowed for this and to make it worse they have played him out of his favoured position.

No wonder simon mccrory has went down the pecking order in all honesty.

Some of those forwards struggle to score in the antrim leagues never mind against galway.

Im fearful for tomorrow!

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on June 27, 2008, 11:13:15 AM

In what way?

First news that winker has been kicked off the panel, then your post about how poor the forward line looks. Almost implies you feel we'll miss watson now that he's gone.

I for one won't

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on June 27, 2008, 11:33:00 AM

In what way?

First news that winker has been kicked off the panel, then your post about how poor the forward line looks. Almost implies you feel we'll miss watson now that he's gone.

I for one won't

Oh right, we will maybe miss his play but not his attitude nor influence. Good riddance.....

Two Hands FFS

Everyone expects Antrim to get hammered but if they gave their all for 70 minutes I would be happy enough. Antrim should be well motivated by what happened in Salthill last year in the qualifiers. Good luck to the players & management on Saturday

theskull1

Quote from: theskull1 on June 27, 2008, 11:33:00 AM

In what way?

I for one won't

In a way I feel "slightly" sorry for winker. There are so many arseholes out there uncommitted to anything, but the fact he is one of the most naturally gifted hurlers anywhere in Ireland makes him such a disappointment to everyone. If he didn't have the talent, nobody would give a flying fcuk about what he did.