Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Anyone know the handicap odds for Antrim v Galway, im guessing Antrim (+12).............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

skull

no one is doubting the talent of this bunch because anyone who has seen them could do nothing but admire them.

Point is that anything they do is tarnished by the actions of their mentor and the club by covering it up.
All im saying is time to come clean and just admit it and take the punishment so that this does not follow these young guys all the way through their careers.

theskull1

I don't buy it NAG.
Not saying that you don't have a point..you do, but you're focusing far too heavily on the negative rather than balancing your comments by giving proper consideration to the achievements of the young players. The fact that you don't makes you look like a WUM

I think you should keep the issues separate and give proper credit where it's due.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

How can you keep the issues separate Skull? Surely they are related?

theskull1

:D thats what I'm talkin' about

The issue with overage players has nothing to do with this years U14's (AFAIK). On that basis I think the issues should be kept separate

Give this years U14's the credit where it's due and attack st johns for 2 years ago on a different post (ala HS)

groundlie

Awk why cant we all just be friends?

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on June 23, 2008, 06:34:42 PM
Skull, I thought it was this year that the DOB thing was about. Could be wrong but milltown brought it up in April.

Two years ago was the hotel thing.

Oh  ??? I thought it was the side which played two years ago, but was only found out this year when one of the lads with an AI Feile medal declared to Gearoid Adams that he wasn't eligible to play U16 as he was overage. Am I wrong?   

theskull1

Not sure to be honest.

Minder

Milltown has the answers i think........

youngfella

I have just heard joe cass turned out for ballycastle football team, Is this like having zidane playing for a pub team? Did anyone see the game? how will he deal with this huge step up ?  ;)

Wonder how many points a game he'll be worth to the town?
Pull hard and early

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: youngfella on June 24, 2008, 01:00:45 AM
I have just heard joe cass turned out for ballycastle football team, Is this like having zidane playing for a pub team? Did anyone see the game? how will he deal with this huge step up ?  ;)

Wonder how many points a game he'll be worth to the town?

As far as I am aware he has been playing all season.
This has obviously helped them in the league: Div 6 League Table

And I also think they won the Junior Feis Football recently.

youngfella

lol derry senior championship too div 6 antrim football. sorry I didnt know we had a football tread, mods please move if possible.
Pull hard and early

youngfella

anyword word on how the training is looking approaching the galway game? what will jingos tatics be this time?
Pull hard and early

theskull1

You can take the man out of Antrim......... :)

NAG

Skull
just getting a chance to reply now

I think if you look back at my comments you will see that I was totally impressed with the young lads themselves.

Being familiar with the underage system and especially the feile system it is unavoidable that the St Johns management knew this lad was over age, therefore putting them in a position of cheating.
This does nothing for the team, nor the club.

My point was that the club should just now come clean on the whole episode so that the young lads achievement of winning the Div 2 feile are not tarnished by this blatant cheating.

Thats not negative its just being fair minded, after all it was cheating!