Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffron exile

Look I wasn't criticising Sean D directly, I know he's a dedicated player and devoted to the cause but it just wouldn't happen in the counties serious about winning McCarthy. Players would never organise a wedding or holidays around June or July as its pretty evident that championship will be on this period. If they were restricted to this period due to their partner's and /or family commitments they would drop out of the panel for the year or forego the honeymoon until after championship. The latter is very common at this time of year in both codes.

groundlie

Quote from: the colonel on June 20, 2008, 05:22:03 PM
groundlie if you have nothing worthwhile to contribute don't bother

ya grumpy old man ya

Minder

Groundlie certain players are exempt from criticism !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shamrock

Well lads another year, same old story. Theres no point in just going thro the old blame game. We are all to blame. Players, management, county board, clubs, underage coaching etc!! we are not producing enough quality players. We are all caught up in our own wee world only caring about winning as opposed to developing players. Our club as guilty as anyone. I fear for our lads next week. A seroius hammering in the horizon!

We got beat by glenaiffre last nite in Ulster league by point. Poor result but we were missing dd, neilly, johhny, ding, skinner, eddie, winker, napper, seamy dobbin. Life goes on. Championship is 6 weeks away.

We will have to pull out all the stops this year if we want to break our hoodoo. Feis has give us a big lift

milltown row

those players are never missing when we play yas :-[

Championship against us you'll be fine, it'll be Dunloy you'll have to worry about

slow corner back

well done milltown keep playing the poormouth, :D

clootfromthe21

Fair play to the junior Johnnies who won division 2 of the Feile today in Laois, beating Portlaoise 2-9 to 1-1. In fact, all their games looked pretty comfortable going by the final score.

That's 2 wins out of 3 finals in a row for the Johnnies in Division 2. Is it time to go up into the big bad world of Division 1?

Minder

Was it their U-16s or U-14s competing. . . . . ?

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Minder on June 22, 2008, 09:05:35 PM
Was it their U-16s or U-14s competing. . . . . ?

Now, now. There's no need for that!!!   :P

NAG

Cloot is right was it u14 or u16

It is time that the st johns club took a look at this issue it has totally tarnished their club in the eyes of hurling people all over the county province and country.

Time to take action, this win means nothing to the people of antrim because we dont know what has gone on in the back ground to achieve it.

Pity but true

Minder

I know, what could they possibly be learning from playing players that are not in their age group. Glory, prestige? The mentors should be ashamed of themselves.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on June 23, 2008, 02:15:02 PM
Groundlie, who are your mentors for the Feile team? Is Micky "Let them go toe to toe" Johnson still with them or is he just with the seniors? What about the fella who is banned from Camogie matches? Is he there too?

You seem to be confused Hardstation as Groundlie is from Dunloy.........

Two Hands FFS

It is Micky Johnston who is the manager, his two sons play,one(one with the moustache) of them is captain. Great achievement but as NAG says it tarnished by what has happenned earlier.

Square Ball

were the St Johns caught playing ringers? anyone care to elaborate?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

theskull1

:). Bit of bumfluff HS. Think the mothers mascara is used to darken it up a bit.

Don't know the in's and out's of the goings on within st johns but from what I seen of this years side in the U14 final in Dunloy, they are a fantastic young team and should be commended for the way they play the game. I was really impressed with the standard of their game. Skill, commitment & intelligence throughout the pitch. Christ do we have to be negative all the time even when an Antrim team has a bit of success? Let's give the players a bit of credit here lads. They are innocent parties in the politics of any goings on and have I'm sure worked thier balls off to bring about this success. Well done I say.

The trick now will be keeping them all up through into senior level. 

Also hard luck and comiserations to Dunloy who lost in their Div 3 semi final to the eventual winners, but I hear they represented themselves very well winning two of their three games. Hears hoping they will push on from the experience.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera