Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on June 11, 2008, 03:01:31 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 11, 2008, 02:38:21 PM
I would say it was more to do with the Antrim management whining about it in the press.
You would think that the Executive and County Management would actually talk to each other rather than responding to each others comments in the press

John: "How can I help you Terence?"
Terence: "Call me Terry, John"

;)

I think if it is a choice between a private phone call or a bit of public airtime we know what the outcome will be with those two chaps......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

always the double standards, you can say anything good about them but the minute you have something critical to say they come on complaining, i'm all for a positive imagine but if an imagine is all we've got.........

podge

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on June 11, 2008, 02:36:01 PM
Casement Park - Management Committee Addresses Popular Myths
11 June 2008
Antrim County Management Committee has taken steps to dispel the popular myth that Casement Park is not available often enough for either county team training, or for various games and that it is lying empty on a regular basis.

From May 1st until today (42 days), Casement Park has hosted 16 training sessions for various teams and 8 matches. The pitch was closed for 4 days for sanding and re-sodding of the goalmouths and for 3 days for fertilising.  5 days were set aside for match preparations.

There was therefore just 8 occasions when Casement Park was not used in this time period and no request for use was received on any of these occasions.

Quote from: milltown row on June 11, 2008, 04:14:02 PM
always the double standards, you can say anything good about them but the minute you have something critical to say they come on complaining, i'm all for a positive imagine but if an imagine is all we've got.........

I don't see any complaints in the county boards statement milltown?  surely if they feel they were being wrongly ciriticised they are within their rights to offer an explanation/defence before people start pedalling it as fact?

dammed if you do, dammed if you don;t...

milltown row

Podge so your of the opinion that we cant voice anything that IMO is different from the counties view?

i thought the way the county board handled the Galls men opting out this year was a PR disater, seems strange how the press knew straight away, the day after the meeting, a friend of Jodys ran with the story.

NAG

Milltown,

I think you will find that the PR disaster was actually on the four opt outs rather than the county board.
Porbably mis managed by the county but something that essentially was outside their remit of control.

as for casement think this is a statement just to show the actuall useage of the pitch to show that it is not being held back from our teams for any reason.

imtommygunn

That's a strange comment Milltown. Surely it's just human nature to defend yourself when someone is having a go.Also if someone says something good then what do you expect them to do?? Not sure what your definition of double standards is but double standards would hardly be say nothing when you're praised and say something when you're not??

Anyway -big game this weekend. Realistically this is the only one left we can win. If we don't win this I'd be gutted to to be honest. Down are ok but they're a team we should be beating with a bit to spare. I still worry about our forwards. Realistically you only have two scoring forwards in there in Richmond and Watson. McNaughton is really a midfielder and Donnelly is definitely not a forward. Paul Shields is potentially a HB too and I think it's really where we play him a lot. Still it's the best we've got to offer but hopefully Paddy Magill can come in too. Antrim by 6...

podge

Quote from: milltown row on June 12, 2008, 08:22:19 AM
Podge so your of the opinion that we cant voice anything that IMO is different from the counties view?

i thought the way the county board handled the Galls men opting out this year was a PR disater, seems strange how the press knew straight away, the day after the meeting, a friend of Jodys ran with the story.

can you not read milltown?  where did i object to anyone voicing an opinion?  you came on here criticising the county board for offering an explanation on the availability of casement park and you said they 'come on complaining'.  I just pointed out that they weren;t complaining at all, merely defending their position.  voice away at your opionion, just try and ensure it makes some kinda sense..present a 'positive imagine'  ::) of yourself

girt_giggler

see this got a wee line or two on the county page...

All Ireland Senior Hurling Qualifier - Date & Time Released
28/06/08 (Sat)

GAA Hurling All Ireland Senior Championship Qualifier

Round 1

Casement        3.30pm            Aontroim        v          Gaillimh                     

Park                                        Referee:          Johnny Ryan (Tiobraid Árann)

milltown row

i'm in my moons :'( dont be listening to me......

Lack of games these last couple of weeks going through cold turkey. 

good to see everyone backing the county. i hope the trend continues

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: milltown row on June 13, 2008, 11:58:51 AM
i'm in my moons :'( dont be listening to me......

Lack of games these last couple of weeks going through cold turkey. 

good to see everyone backing the county. i hope the trend continues

OK. You're just getting booked this time.   :D

NAG

PWTW1st

Maybe we should bring jim nelson in to keep an eye on him and move him if he starts to rare up again!

Did you ever in your life hear so much balls.

If the two boys would stand back and watch the game then maybe they would be able to see the patterns developing and the childish behaviour as well!

playwiththewind1st

NAG - nothing can happen as yet re the J Nelson / Milltown Row cunning plan that you've developed. This is because Milltown won't be wielding the caman till he gets the circus off his pitch !

milltown row

the circus has gone and left behind the same shitty pitch, hopefully we will invest the rent on it to improve it. carefull Nag an PWTW cards will be shown to both of you ;D

On the Jim Nelson thing however:

Having someone in the stand watching the game is nothing new, clubs having been doing it for years. It works well in pre-season or league games where the stakes aren't that high and it gives the manager, who may not be able see everything another view on the game. The problem when it comes to the Championship games is that the game goes that quick incidents are happening all over the park, and before you know it the game is over.

If Sambo and Woody listen to Jim then grand and make a switch but it very rarely happens. When we played Loughgiel in the semis a few years ago we had someone in the stand and didn't listen to him. Maybe if we had, the result could have been different.

Personally I think it's a good idea but only if you use it

Minder

Would agree with NAG, a load of nonsense. If you are going to have someone in this role why wait until our season is almost over. Why not have them in place at the start of the year, some of the decisions by this management have been mind boggling........It is unconfirmed that Kilkenny have someone in their management team sticking their hand into the fire and Antrim are looking for someone to fulfil a similar role.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

playwiththewind1st

I've just had a brillant idea.

Why not bring back both Jim Nelson and Jim McKernan ?? Put the 2 of them in the stand & that'lll give S&W a fair insight into the game on Sunday. Jim McK would be able to "liaise" with the county board........the Down one.