Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pebble-dasher

The county minor hurling team is some craic!  Players that are starting for a top hurling club senior team arent even on the 24 and yet again managements relatives make the first 15 at the expence of quality.  Team not published to press yet but has been named to the squad.

milltown row

Quote from: Minder on May 29, 2008, 09:35:16 AM
Milltown i was at your pitch on Sunday........at the circus ! That will hardly help the playing surface.........

well it cant make it any worse, we are going to use the money i hope from the rent of the circus to invest in materials equipment that will look after the pitch better.

the problem with our pitch is that the drainage is too good. water goes right through it and out. it cost a lot of money to look after the pitch, money we haven't got

theskull1

Couldn't get to it milltown but heard plenty about it. Should have drawn the game but for poor shooting/decsion making. Disappointed to hear our captain got the line only 15 minutes in as he's a good hurler and a great lad, but he's a tendancy to loose composure during games which affects his play considerably. Needs to work on that. Overall assessment was that we did reasonably well considering we played with 14 men for most of the game, but gutted that we didn't get the draw.

Also heard your second pitch was in a terrible state and not one you'd like to hurl on yourself. Could you not get the elephants to level out the surface for youse?  :P

Good luck in the next round btw
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Glensman

You are a pr1ck groundlie (sorry of that is against the rules Mod).
You lie low and then come out with that tripe.
As Skull says they are two of the most committed hurlers you are going to meet...they may get exposed against Galway...but so might any bloody corner back in the country.

Delargy was arguably the most consistent defender through the league and one of the most consistent in Antrim over the last few years.
Seriously dodgy? What guff.

For me its a shame McGarry isn't fit. Whether he is the best option within the whole county at full back remains to be seen but have seen him a couple of times in there this year and he impressed me on both occassions.

On his day Mickey Monty is a class act. That half back line of him, McKeegan and Herron a couple of years back was playing as well as any line I have seen in my time. He may have slid back a little bit but I do believe he's only getting back to fitness.

Glensman

Just re-read that...I mean playing as well as any Antrim line in my time.

There are a few others lines just ahead!!

groundlie

Quote from: Glensman on May 29, 2008, 05:52:33 PM
You are a pr1ck groundlie (sorry of that is against the rules Mod).
You lie low and then come out with that tripe.
As Skull says they are two of the most committed hurlers you are going to meet...they may get exposed against Galway...but so might any bloody corner back in the country.

Delargy was arguably the most consistent defender through the league and one of the most consistent in Antrim over the last few years.
Seriously dodgy? What guff.

For me its a shame McGarry isn't fit. Whether he is the best option within the whole county at full back remains to be seen but have seen him a couple of times in there this year and he impressed me on both occassions.

On his day Mickey Monty is a class act. That half back line of him, McKeegan and Herron a couple of years back was playing as well as any line I have seen in my time. He may have slid back a little bit but I do believe he's only getting back to fitness.

Glensman,

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and that is mine, like it or lump it.

No doubting the commitment of the two lads, excellent as im lead to believe. Two good hurlers but in my opinion we have better options on the squad. For me delargy is too naive attacking the ball.

As for Mickey McCambridge, class act on his day, hope to see him back to his best in the saffron half back line before the summers out.

All the Best,

Groundlie.

theskull1

You're a laugh Groundie  :-\

You post twice and tell us your reservations about these two players and how there are better options within the squad, YET you STILL haven't told us WHO these "options" are?

WTF?

Yours sincerely,

theskull1.

Mhic Easmuint

Draw is tonight (Friday 30th May) at approx. 9.30pm.

Online sales at http://antrim.gaa.ie finish at 8.45pm

Your last chance to get a ticket to win one of the great prizes.  

Funds generated to go towards the planned Centre of Excellence.
Plans and Video Fly-through available on the website:
http://antrim.gaa.ie/centre-of-excellence/

theskull1

We are where we are. As long as the boys who go out and play Galway burst their balls for the full 70 rather than collapsing halfway through the first half then I would view that honesty of effort as a success

Groundie
You're arguing over apples and pears. Subtle personnel changes is all you are talking about and will make no real difference in the grand scheme of things against a side like Galway. The attitude of the team will be the deciding factor IMO

Lots of Love

theskull1

Minder

Micky Monty would have been our best man marker a few years ago but he has regressed lately,probably due to injury
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Whitehair

Just wondering if the Casement social club will be open on sunday? Thinking of heading down for the Down match then watch a few on the TV then the Minor and Senior hurling.

Trouble Ahead

Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #4852 on: Today at 08:56:35 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have tried to post this on Hogan in our section and they have blocked it all week.

" Conflict of Interest"

How can Ray Matthews referee our Minor Hurlers this Sunday, When his Brother in law is the Armagh coach "Rogie", and he coaches the Armagh goalkeepers-- What are Ulster Council thinking. I am not saying it would be deliberate, but i would hate to see a crunch decision in the last few minutes!! He is a good referee i hear, but how he should have withdrawn from the game! 

Minder

Our former poster "Aontroim Abu" could maybe have filled us in on this ref controversy if he hadnt deleted his account

Minder

I see Noel Sands referred to Karl Mc Keegan as looking like Matt Lucas in the Irish News yesterday,it was a bit rough i thought

youngfella

any updates on the score?
Pull hard and early