Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

including the managers haha

sure they will have the blessing of the managers anyway so anything that happens will be ok

you wouldnt have to travel too far to find one of the managers sitting with a starting player most weekends enjoying a few beverages!
The tough professional stance that they were supposed to bring never really materialised did it!

Two Hands FFS

Well NAG if it's a professional stance there'll be no drinking as they play the semi final(probably Derry) following week.

They are staying at some new sports hotel in Mayo that caters for teams going on weekends away.

milltown row

i'm glad that they are getting a wee trip, they deserve it......

Ulster Championship coming up and the boys need a bit of relaxing before the taxing games ahead.

when we play Galway, wiil they go out 15 on 15 or drop a man in front of Canning and hope to keep the score down?

if we get tanked by Galway by a big score it would be tough on the lads to get ready for a difficult game against Clare/waterford. would that game be at home or neutral venue?

NAG

Im not sure if it would be a nuetral venue or not.

If anyone recalls the minor game with the two boys in charge, dropping a man back in our backline actually contributed to getting the team beat that day and everyone in the ground could see it.

Im not saying that its not relevant in this game but my point is that the tactical awareness in this management team isnt the sharpest.

theskull1

Quote from: groundlie on May 20, 2008, 05:09:45 PM
Lets face it the current management like many other managers aren't moving with the times. With new innovations in science managers/coaches need to be up to date on current research in order to get maximum from their athletes....and no, pinting before big league games is not included in this science!!

What are they not doing which flies in the face of current research? You need to detail what it is that they're not doing if that is to be believed. Anyway.......I'm sure McGeeney would consider himself "cutting edge" and look what he's delivered
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

I hear there was a bad injury in the Ossians/ Dunloy match tonight and the match was abandoned, what happened?

Minder

Quote from: Last Man on May 20, 2008, 11:55:42 PM
I hear there was a bad injury in the Ossians/ Dunloy match tonight and the match was abandoned, what happened?

I heard a Dunloy player broke his collarbone and it took the ambulance an hour to arrive so they had to abandon.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

Minder how long did it take that ambulance to come that night when we played ya's, now who was it got hurt that night ;)

NAG

Any one know who the player injured was?

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on May 21, 2008, 08:33:59 AM
Minder how long did it take that ambulance to come that night when we played ya's, now who was it got hurt that night ;)

Fcuk it took ages but i had a few nice warm blankets to keep me warm while i was waiting, some spastic went in to my Ma and told her i had broke my back !

milltown row

aye then the thing turns up and ya wanted to get up and play, Flynser was telling ya to stay down and we were up eating the sarnies ah well we won by a point. good craic all the same

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on May 21, 2008, 09:13:38 AM
aye then the thing turns up and ya wanted to get up and play, Flynser was telling ya to stay down and we were up eating the sarnies ah well we won by a point. good craic all the same

I got blamed for that defeat by our boys, they said we were coming back at youse and the stoppage interrupted it!

milltown row

I got blamed for that defeat by our boys, they said we were coming back at youse and the stoppage interrupted it!
[/quote]

did alright, we hung in for the last 7 minutes, good battle

theskull1

Quote from: NAG on May 21, 2008, 08:35:53 AM
Any one know who the player injured was?

Terry McMullan
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG

was it a broken collar bone skull?