Tir na Nog  2-14 4-17 Ballycran  Tir na Nog   
Gort Na Mona  2-17 0-7 Glenravel  Gort Na Mona   
Lamh Dhearg  3-9 2-11 Gaeil Chluana  Lamh Dhearg   
Shane O Neills  3-13 2-7 Carey Faughs  Shane ONeills   
St. Pauls  0-16 3-7 Armoy  St. Pauls   
Rasharkin  1-8 2-24 Rossa  Rasharkin
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

youngfella

St pauls games seems like a good in. Anyone got a report?

Have carey lost any men this year, they seem to slipping further and further back, are there any injuries?

Just read the report on the towns game, what are they playing at putting big ronan in the forward line? hes as nice a man as you could possibly meet but hes too slow and hes a back. IS it the towns policy to people boys out of position? What has happened to pinky, hippy and the two dallats to mention a few of that u-21 team?
Pull hard and early

Guillem2

QuoteGuillem - how much did you beat Rasharkin by then??
I clearly over estimated Rasharkins improvement and our decline. Good to get a decent win under our belts. Div 2/3 is a very tight league for most.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

NAG

Div 2 seems to be majorly competitive and the div 1 seems to be taking the same shape as usual.

Loughgiel trying hard and losing the plot

Cushendall not giving a toss

Dunloy showing usual consistency

St Johns showing early promise.

Thats probably how it will remain for the forseeable future

maxpower

If your talking about the league then surely its the shamrocks that are the most consistent having won it the last lock of years.

Cushendall so seem to be not giving a toss about the league, and in the past they have shown an apt for doing this and still peaking for championship.  very risky strategy in my opinion and takes a fair amount of confidence (maybe arrogance) to pull off. 

Its still very early in the season but would be relatively happy with were Dunloy are at

What happens next????

Two Hands FFS

Max Power...about Cushendall not giving a toss about the league. I'm sure they would like to win their matches but cos of these injuries (most of them county players as well). they obviously are struggling at present.

Beat Ballycastle in the league by a point. Had won their 3 Ulstre league matches with two tough matches v Glenariffe & Ballygalget. Beat in Portaferry the next day when playing well up to half time they just ran out of steam in second half. OK awful v Loughgiel..but against St Johns on Wednesday past they were short again & after a poor first half they battled hard.

I'm sure its not arrogance wanting to get beat 3 games in a row

maxpower

You miss my point, which was probaly a back handed compliment.  Cushendall probaly aren't up too speed yet, they seldom are for the league yet they can produce it later in the year.  Now thats were the confidence comes into it, you have to have extreme confidence in your own team to not be affected by a poor league showing.

Similar to Cork on a national stage, they have such confidence in there players they use the league almost like training whereas Kilkenny would be akin to Dunloy in that they like to try and win every game. 

Two different ways of preparing, come september there will be little between Cork & Kilkenny and less between Dunloy & the Dall
What happens next????

NAG

Max
what was your take on the match mid week with loughgiel?

Two Hands FFS

Thats fair enough Max, obviously Cushendall will be hoping to peak later on in the championship but I think with the change of league structure & with less easier matches i'm sure they'd like to have been in a better position at this but their hands have been tied to a certain extent.

Dunloy would have greater strength in depth than Cushendall which means if you take 2 or 3 players out of Dunloys team they would still cope where as Cushendall would feel the pinch...hence Dunloy being in a good position to win every match.

maxpower

Quote from: NAG on May 16, 2008, 02:58:29 PM
Max
what was your take on the match mid week with loughgiel?

I think loughgiel let themselves down with their discipline, Dunloy deserved a bit of credit for not getting involved and for comfortably winning the game.  I'd take little else out of the game.

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 16, 2008, 03:05:12 PM
Thats fair enough Max, obviously Cushendall will be hoping to peak later on in the championship but I think with the change of league structure & with less easier matches i'm sure they'd like to have been in a better position at this but their hands have been tied to a certain extent.

Dunloy would have greater strength in depth than Cushendall which means if you take 2 or 3 players out of Dunloys team they would still cope where as Cushendall would feel the pinch...hence Dunloy being in a good position to win every match.

I do think dunloy have good strength in depth
What happens next????

NAG

Any games this weekend?

Two Hands FFS

Loughgiel v Cushendall Thursday night in Feis Cup in Cushendun. Not sure of the other fixtures

No league matches this weekend as County hurlers away to Mayo for weekend.

Minor championship starts on Saturday

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 20, 2008, 12:06:34 PM
Loughgiel v Cushendall Thursday night in Feis Cup in Cushendun. Not sure of the other fixtures

No league matches this weekend as County hurlers away to Mayo for weekend.

Minor championship starts on Saturday

Nature of their visit? Wine, women & song?

milltown row

is it to play Mayo? or maybe the rossies. are the unfit players allowed to go for the weekend?

i asume it's a team building trip, can't wait on the stories to come from this one

Minder

We wont even have Mc Fall to blame this time, its time for some new heroes to step up to the plate.........There is certainly potential there.