Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Glenariff  Ballygalget  Glenariff 14/05/2008 19:30 Elliott Owen

Feckin hell, Glenariff at 7.30pm on a weeknight, big ask, especially when we've nowt on the sunday!!!

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on May 13, 2008, 03:11:36 PM

Feckin hell, Glenariff at 7.30pm on a weeknight, big ask, especially when we've nowt on the sunday!!!

Your wish is my command JC, one of our lads told me last night it is now on the Sunday.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Glensman

If come Thursday morning I see Rasharkin having beaten Rossa I'll be amazed but who knows.

In that Div 2/3 mix there might be some interesting battles and results. Ballycran apart and Cloughmills at the other end everyone is capable of beating everyone.

Games should be at 7.30pm. Its been said alot, there are complaints galore about this but it should be the same all round.
Avoids traffic for Belfast teams travelling north and other traffic issues. Light enough to have it and means a bit of preparation time.
Most games will arguably not start until a bit after 7 anyway.

milltown row

yep a bit off comon sense would not hurt anyone, 7.30 starts have been the norm at south antrim games between belfast clubs for two weeks, but the all knowing and all powerful Antrim board/CCC/and website addmin know whats best 8)

themanwhowasntthere

Was that you they were getting tore into Milltown?  :D

Minder

Chairman Mc Sparran obviously reads this board as he was talking about Milltown and "other sites".....
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

what about the games tonight?

Think the game in loughgiel should be interesting.

Were the johnnies well behaved at the weekend?

aontroim

In Div2/3 there is no way Rasharkin are going to trouble Rossa - if they do Rossa should just give up the hurling and stick to the football - thats how big a shock that result would be!  Ballycran should acount for Tir na nOg if they make it there on time - will be interesting to see if Magill is playing tonight.  Gorts will continue their winning ways v G'ravel, wins also for St. Gall's, Clooney, Glenarm, St. Pauls, Sarsfields/C'dun hard to call.

Definitely a decent league despite what protests there were before it began.  A few reality checks for some of the Div 1 clubs making the drop.

themanwhowasntthere

This should be interesting:

Antrim Hurling Div 1- 2008
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee
Portaferry Ballycastle Portaferry 18/05/2008 15:00 Duffy Garrett

Ulster Club Senior Hurling League Division 1A
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee
Portaferry Ballycastle Portaferry 18/05/2008 15:30 Gerard Devlin

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: aontroim on May 14, 2008, 11:07:19 AM
In Div2/3 there is no way Rasharkin are going to trouble Rossa - if they do Rossa should just give up the hurling and stick to the football - thats how big a shock that result would be!  Ballycran should acount for Tir na nOg if they make it there on time - will be interesting to see if Magill is playing tonight.  Gorts will continue their winning ways v G'ravel, wins also for St. Gall's, Clooney, Glenarm, St. Pauls, Sarsfields/C'dun hard to call.

Definitely a decent league despite what protests there were before it began.  A few reality checks for some of the Div 1 clubs making the drop.

Magill is not starting for the footballers and i heard he played last night for the senior hurlers in a friendly against Dublin, so i would expect him to play tonight
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

milltown row

Fair play of Magill turning out for the hurlers and his club, would Magill have been dropped from the footballers had he been a footballer only? i doubt it very much. talented at both like a lot of players from my own club. Karl Stewart top scored last seasonfor St Galls and would be a usefull player on Jody's panel. but his love for hurling would mean his county football appearances would be limited.

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2008, 03:20:46 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 13, 2008, 03:11:36 PM

Your wish is my command JC, one of our lads told me last night it is now on the Sunday.

Thank goodness, common sense has prevailed.

NAG

Milltown
I think there were other issues surrounding his exit from the football, we all know he is a talent but there is a committment that is supposed to go along with county talent and that is sadly lacking in this case. He has played them off against each other for long enough and I can see where jody os coming from on this one!

Glensman

Milltown

Just confirming this...you may have done so previously.

Is Kevin McGourty seriously not playing hurling at all for St Galls. Does he go to their training? How can he possibly be on the county panel if not?

If it is the case that he's not then its just stupidity...all along people have said his fitness, strength is up there but he needs work on his hurling which games for the club would give him.

milltown row

yes Kevin has not turned out for either teams at the club, i'm sure he will at some piont but to date has not lifted a finger.