Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur_Friend

Good win for Glenariff yesterday. 4-17 to 3-19, lead the whole match but nearly threw it away. Portaferry came back from seven (i think) behind at half time to even things with about one minute of injury time left.

Interestingly about 1-15 of Portaferrys scores came from frees. Glenariffs backs need to sharpen up a bit as they were second to the ball on most occasions, resulting in the frees.

Glenariff keeper had an unfortunate incident also where a soft shot was pucked in from midfield and bounced over his head into the net with nobody near him, but apart from that was pretty solid.

youngfella

Is the big massive lad still keeping goal of glenariff? hes some shot stopper
Pull hard and early

Glensman

Pretty poor form from Jody. Doesn't bode well for him having any form of consideration for the county he is training.

Would have been wiser to train at Jordanstown at 10/11 am, let anyone playing hurling that afternoon take it easy in the session.

These are committed footballers who would not want to be missing their biggest date of the year with the county (next Sunday) but shouldn't be deprived of playing for their club.

Mourinho for Antrim next year?

johnneycool

We managed to get our first points on the board yesterday with a 4-16 to 0-11 win against Ballycastle.

A scrappy enough affair throughout with us still struggling to out manoeuvre a forward playing deep in front of his own fullback line. The amount of ball hit to the fella was unbelievable.

The town are as poor as I've seen them with Quashie and Pinkie missing, they rely heavily on Ronan Donnelly to win ball in the forwards.

We're not much better though, but we'll need to pick up more points soon.

maxpower

St Johns 1.11 Dunloy 0.16

Dunloy struggled past a determined and pacy St Johns team, i predicted last year that the johnnies would casue an upset in the championship and they let me down, this year i think they will give Cushendall a real match.  They just need another couple of real class forwards to take a bit of the scoring burden of McFall who was well marshalled by big parrot yesterday.

Great to see Conor Cunning back in his form of old, winning ball in the half forwards and setting up scores, could be huge asset to Dunloy thi year
What happens next????

clootfromthe21

Quote from: milltown row on May 12, 2008, 09:05:51 AM
yes the scoreline was 3.15 to 1.12

i was not at game but they only pulled away with 10 minutes to go.

Jody pulled a flanker and had the Senior footballers training at Jordanstown. does not want his lads playing hurling. we've andy mclean. aidso Gallagher, CJ. Sean Burke at county training. i hope CAVAN STUFF THEM

Jody should just catch a grip and cop on to where he is now. Whatever happens in tyrone there's a game to be played in Antrim. f++k the other shite.

theskull1

More fool them for going to the poly instead of playing a match for their club

No need for that shite from Gormley. He can piss away off if thats the way he treats dual players.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

clootfromthe21

Quote from: hardstation on May 12, 2008, 11:14:35 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 12, 2008, 11:11:01 PM
More fool them for going to the poly instead of playing a match for their club
They're St.Gall's players. Jody's rule for St.Gall's players appears to be "miss training once and you're gone".

Now, if you're from Randalstown..........

aye and yer man was right to tell him where to get off . .. .

theskull1

And seeing as Jody wouldn't understand allegiance to club then should we expect anything better from him or any like him. Dinny was as bad
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

those lads know where i stand, hardstation.

so the question is, are those four lads allowed to play on wed night for their club? or will the county re set a date for our game on wed night? i doubt they will see the need to do any, after all the Tommy Murphy Cup is looming and all the lads can't wait for the action to heat up

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on May 13, 2008, 07:26:32 AM
And seeing as Jody wouldn't understand allegiance to club then should we expect anything better from him or any like him. Dinny was as bad

Why would a county manager give a f**k for club hurling or football for that matter? They are judged solely on results and as far as they're concerned the only show in town is their show and it's usually a short term show.

IMO it's the county boards who need to sit down with both parties and strike a balance but as usual the players are the ones caught in limbo.

Guillem2

Have to agree with Johnnycool -Jody dosen't give a flying f**k about hurling or Antrim clubs.

Fixtures for this week. Rasharkin are going well an our lads will be doing v well to get anything from that fixture.

Antrim Hurling Div 1- 2008
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee Comment
Cushendall  St. Johns  Cushendall 14/05/2008 19:30 McAuley Liam   
Glenariff  Ballygalget  Glenariff 14/05/2008 19:30 Elliott Owen   
Loughgiel  Dunloy  Loughgiel Shamrocks 14/05/2008 20:00 Duffy Garrett   
Portaferry  Ballycastle  Portaferry 18/05/2008 15:00 Duffy Garrett

Antrim Hurling Reserve D1
Loughgiel Shamrocks  Dunloy  Loughgiel Shamrocks 14/05/2008 18:45 Mitchell Willie   
Portaferry  Ballycastle  Portaferry 18/05/2008 13:30 Quinn Liam

Antrim Hurling Div 2-3 - 2008
Gort Na Mona  Glenravel  Gort Na Mona 14/05/2008 19:00 Carroll Gerry   
Lamh Dhearg  Gaeil Chluana  Lamh Dhearg 14/05/2008 19:00 McIntyre Tommy   
Shane O Neills  Carey Faughs  Shane ONeills 14/05/2008 19:00 Traynor Francis   
St. Galls  Cloughmills  St. Galls 14/05/2008 19:00 French Michael   
St. Pauls  Armoy  St. Pauls 14/05/2008 19:00 Reilly Terry   
Tir na Nog  Ballycran  Tir na Nog 14/05/2008 19:00 Hasson Eamon   
Sarsfields  Cushendun  Sarsfields 14/05/2008 19:00 Robinson Gerard   
Rasharkin  Rossa  Rasharkin 14/05/2008 19:00 McKillop John   
Shane O Neills  Armoy  Shane ONeills 18/05/2008 18:00 Cunning Colm   
Ballycran  St. Pauls  Ballycran 18/05/2008 19:00 Wells Terence

Antrim Hurling Div 4A - 2008
Ardoyne  St. Endas  Mallusk 14/05/2008 19:00 Reid James   
Ballymena  St. Galls 2 Ballymena 14/05/2008 19:00 Cosgrove Gerry   
St. Agnes  St. Teresas  St. Agnes 14/05/2008 19:00 Willoughby Sean

Antrim Hurling Div 4B - 2008
Davitts  Sean McDermotts  Twinbrook 14/05/2008 19:00 McIlhatton Paul   
Bredagh  St. Brigids (B ) Bredagh 14/05/2008 19:00 McClory Gerry   
Creggan Gaels  Sarsfields 2 Creggan Gaels 14/05/2008 19:00 Flaherty Sean   
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Glensman

Are you taking the p1ss Guillem?

Rossa do well to get anything from Rasharkin?? If you are being serious I'd worry.

Guillem2

QuoteAre you taking the p1ss Guillem?

Unfortunately I'm not! We're in a bad way at the minute and Rasharkin are on the up. It's never easy travelling up north in mid week for a 7.00 throw in. Hopefully I'm wrong but I am worried.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

milltown row

come on Guillem, you'd beat them with your south antrim team, Jim close, Carbine, dolly, couple of good minors and big rogie back in fullback and collins up front, we played ya's last night. good game