Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

A lot of rossa players,who is the manager this year. . . . . ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Who is John Campbell, Hardstation? Did the person that asked the question on the Antrim site get told to mind their own business?

Minder

Gerry Cosgrove from glenariffe has his son Aaron on the panel! You always get a bit of nepotism on the minor panels

Lecale2

Quote from: Minder on May 09, 2008, 07:54:46 PM
Gerry Cosgrove from glenariffe has his son Aaron on the panel! You always get a bit of nepotism on the minor panels

I think it's more to do with who is prepared to put in the time. If your son is on the panel it's easier to justify giving up the time to travel the country for matches and training sessions. I don't know any of the people involved. That's just my experience.

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on May 09, 2008, 07:44:13 PM
Who is John Campbell, Hardstation? Did the person that asked the question on the Antrim site get told to mind their own business?

He's as passionate a loughgiel hurling man as you'll meet. Would have thought most NA people would have known John. One thing which may make it difficult to place him is the fact he is NOT a mouth, although that should make him stand out a bit on the east terrace of healy park  :-*
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

I know Loughguile have a few coarse supporters but are they really any worse than other clubs?

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on May 09, 2008, 09:49:23 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 09, 2008, 09:44:11 PM
I know Loughguile have a few coarse supporters but are they really any worse than other clubs?
Unless other clubs' supporters jump the fence to attack minors, then yes.
Jumping the fence is not just a Loughguile phenomenon

theskull1

U14 Feile Finals in Dunloy today

Feile B
Dunloy beat Creggan handy enough. Huge improvement from our U14's from last year. Credit to all involved as they have made great strides. The Creggan team did look on the youngish side so I'm sure they'll benefit from todays final as they did look to have decent stickwork in places.

Feile A
St Johns beat St Brendans in a closer contest, but one which the Johnnies always looked to be in control of and indeed they did pull away towards the end. Very impressed with them. Tight stickwork all over their team as well as some very intelligent team play for 14 year olds. Remains to be seen whether they'll be able to play in the AI Feile. It doesn't seem right to punish a group of young lads who had nothing to do with the decisions of the past, but as a club St Johns have to be punished. Shameful behaviour. St Brendans fought all the way and I seriously hope these amalgamations bring serious benefits to the smaller clubs down the line

Anyway.....all credit to all sides today
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

youngfella

Indeed you're right. There is another club who have a reputation for this but I don't think they're as bad. Whatever came of that Loughiel Rossa thing where 3 Rossa minors were put in hospital after getting a kicking from grown men who jumped the fence?
[/quote]

Jesus thats a disgrace, when was that? Shamrock are the boys invovled still allowed to attend matches? were the youngfellas ok?
Pull hard and early

youngfella

Thats a disgree tis in the same league as sambo's dirty stroke.
Pull hard and early

Minder

Glenariffe beat Portaferry by a point today to gain their first points,last 3 league times we have played them it has been a draw,one pt win for portaferry and today 1 pt win for Glenariffe,i believe the commemorative dvd of these clashes will be in hmv this week

imtommygunn

The st galls result must be 3-15 with a typo - Milltown can you confirm?

Interesting to see GNM beat Ahoghill. Looks like possibly between them and Ballycran for division 2. Did I read right that Randalstown beat Rossa??

Loughgiel beat Cushendall easy this evening I see. I think Cushendall sound to be decimated with injuries / people going stateside this year though and as with Loughgiel maybe a bit early to read too much into their form.

Minder

Loughguile beat Cushendall easily,i was talking to a fella that was at it and he said the Dall "couldnt have give two fucks whether they won or not",i think Sean Delargys stag do last night may have affected them today. . . . . .

Mhic Easmuint

Further information on the Centre of Excellence including a Video Flythrough:

http://antrim.gaa.ie/centre-of-excellence/

milltown row

yes the scoreline was 3.15 to 1.12

i was not at game but they only pulled away with 10 minutes to go.

Jody pulled a flanker and had the Senior footballers training at Jordanstown. does not want his lads playing hurling. we've andy mclean. aidso Gallagher, CJ. Sean Burke at county training. i hope CAVAN STUFF THEM