Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

It probably will be between Glenariffe, St Johns & Ballycastle for the drop. My money would be on St Johns to go down as they dont have enough scoring forwards.They would probably be a bit wiser coming under the radar this year, they have been the "a dark horse" for the last few years and have done nothing when push has come to shove.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Some of the U21 matches went as expected

Dunloy beat Rossa by 3
Cushendall beat St Teresa's 1-11 to 0-2
Loughgiel beat Clooney Gaels by 1-15 - to 2-5 (I think)

Not sure of the other match??

PlayWithTheWind

Gort Na Mona  1-15 2-6 St. Brendans 
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

aontroim

Loughgiel 1-14 - 2-5 Clooney Gaels - creditable enough performance from Clooney given their lack of numbers this year and injuries - was expecting a tanking as loughgiel have had a few good minor teams last few years and a good record at u21

PlayWithTheWind

Lamh Dhearg  - - Ballycran 

any idea why this match was off?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Minder

Loughguile 3-20 Glenariffe 0-11.the ref didnt bother his arse turning up.

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 20, 2008, 06:30:03 PM
Quote from: Minder on April 20, 2008, 06:28:51 PM
Loughguile 3-20 Glenariffe 0-11.the ref didnt bother his arse turning up.
Nor did the Glenariffe backs by the looks of things.
I thought somebody would come back with that!  Do refs get fined when they dont turn up?

Minder

Quote from: groundlie on April 20, 2008, 07:00:50 PM
Ballycastle 0-10 StJohns 1-17 a cakewalk for the johnnies
How did your team Dunloy do groundlie?

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 20, 2008, 08:18:10 PM
St. Gall's beat Rossa narrowly (I think). I was guessing the score throughout the game.
A mix of young and old for Rossa. Hurled well enough. Chris Hamill made a difference when he came on during the second half. No Connolly.
Gall's forward line is sharp and took a number of great scores. Very fit. Rusty but more hurling will bring them on a lot.

Edit: Houl on. According to the county website, they drew 1-14 to 3-08. I thought St. Gall's won given the cheer that went up at the final whistle.

Why did Hamill not start? I wouldnt have thought they have that strong a squad they could leave him off.

theskull1

Quote from: groundlie on April 20, 2008, 09:44:59 PM
We beat the ballygalget by 19 to 1-10 i had it.

Galget were very poor never got out of the black at all!

Think thats grossly unfair to say that groundie. Although Dunloy were well worth their victory, Ballygalget gave them a real game today. They just lacked a bit a quality where it counts, but when it came to commitment, you have to give it to the ards men they have it in spades as do Dunloy btw. I wish our Div2/3 cousins up in the big smoke came with that sort of fight for league games.  ::)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

groundlie

Was kevin mcgourty playing hurling for st galls today?

NAG

Anyone got the results of all yesterdays games?

any reports on the county men involved with the various clubs?

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on April 20, 2008, 11:23:34 PM
Quote from: groundlie on April 20, 2008, 09:44:59 PM
We beat the ballygalget by 19 to 1-10 i had it.

Galget were very poor never got out of the black at all!

Think thats grossly unfair to say that groundie. Although Dunloy were well worth their victory, Ballygalget gave them a real game today. They just lacked a bit a quality where it counts, but when it came to commitment, you have to give it to the ards men they have it in spades as do Dunloy btw. I wish our Div2/3 cousins up in the big smoke came with that sort of fight for league games.  ::)

Agreed on the lack of quality plus that wee bit of savvy is missing in and around the middle third of our team. The only decent balls going into our forwards came from Barry Coulter and he's touching 36 FFS. Our first touch isn't great with too many fumbles and missed catches throughout. We really miss big Aaron Dynes in at No6, he was up at the game but had to leave urgently for personal reasons before the game started. Our midfield never got to grips with nancy who was able to pick his passes into the likes of Shields and Darren Quinn who can eat up the ground. For some reason our half back line got dragged up the field leaving acres of space inside for the Dunloy fullforward line, yet down the other end of the field magic and paddy rat had no room at all to work in. A few long range point takers required urgently. We somehow got it down to three points in the second half without playing a great deal of hurling and you'd of hoped it would of spured us on, but no, Dunloy rattled over the next half dozen scores to leave a sizeable margin at the end.
Disappointing to say the least.

Now for the bodies at home next weekend..

milltown row

I think we shot ourselves in the foot regarding our match, we were the dominate team the whole way through and just give away stupid goals to allow Rossa back into the game. The game also lack any real bite, which was surprising for such a big game.

Good crowd down to watch the match on a great night for hurling, and Rossa looked very young with some good performances from their kids. Had we taken our good chances and been a bit tighter in nets we would have won easy enough. Some discussion after the game regarding the score the entire crowd and the Rossa players thought they had lost by a point, but the score line from the referee made it level.

Our management took off our best player for dissent after he received a yellow card for talking to the referee, would other management teams take off their best player in a crucial match? It's not surprising that in the time he was off Rossa scored 2 - 6

aontroim

St. Galls 1-14 v 3-8 Rossa
Tir na Nog 3-12 v 2-9 Sarsfields
Carey Faughs 1-16 v 1-10 Glenravel
Gaeil Chluana 5-15 v 1-11 Cloughmills
Gort Na Mona 3-18 v 1-11 Armoy
Lamh Dhearg - v - Ballycran  Not Played 
Shane O Neills 0-13 v 1-6 Cushendun
St. Pauls 1-18 v 1-6 Rasharkin

Tir na nOg will be happy with that result - most of the others look to be as expected.