Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Shamrock on April 16, 2008, 07:00:37 PM
We have a busy weekend a head of us......we play U-21 on Friday night, Ulster league on Saturday, and County league on Sunday. Theres a possibility of some players playing 3 games in a row. And the GAA talk about burn out etc etc. Hopefully we have a big enough panel to cope. U-21 championship we play Clooney gaels. They beat Cushendall last year - big shock. Anyone hear what there like this year? We have a decent team as usual this year, so we should give it a good rattle!!

We played Ballycastle last saturday night in our first Ulster league game, eventually winning by 9 or 10 points. But we struggled against a poor town team. It was low key, aand as far as i know it was our first venture on grass this year due to unavailiability of pitches to train outside on!!

Couldnt be right Shamrock as Loughguile have played quite a few friendlies and i would imagine they were played on grass...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

sail_in

QuoteU-21 championship we play Clooney gaels. They beat Cushendall last year - big shock. Anyone hear what there like this year?

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think we'll be very strong this year. 

Last year we had a good set of 15 players, and then this year we lose, I think, 4 or 5 from that, mostly in vital positions (centre-half back, midfield, full-forward and then a couple more) and there's only really 2 very strong U16s from last year to come into the setup.  As well as that there's a couple of boys injured.  The fella that was centre-half forward last year got injured playing football at the end of last year and will more than likely be doing nets tomorrow night.

But sure you never know - I don't mind telling you that I thought we'd get hammered when we entered that competition last year and, well, sure you know what happened!

milltown row

biggest match this weekend in div 1 will be the Johnnies against Ballycastle serious business now with the league smaller and the points meaning so much, Ballycastle have always beat the Johnnies in big games but i'm going for a St Johns win.

in div2/3 we play Rossa (6.45pm Milltown Row) which i think is the biggest match in that league. tough call but i'm going for a home win by a point, Rossa will not want to be beaten by us again and will go all out for a win. Jim Connelly back playing for them which is a bonus and Gavin Bell coming back to fitness. But i think we'll hold out

NAG

Yeah i hear St Johns have savage work done already over the winter an with Ballycastle getting turned over in the U21's could be the beginning of a bad year for the sea siders.

Guillem2

Big game on Sunday Milltown Row. It could set the scene for the season for both clubs. Wee Hugh from Ballycran is the ref. I hope youse treat him better than ye did the last time he was over!  ;)
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

milltown row

will be a different game from last year, thats for sure. it will be in the melting pot right up to the end i think, the difference being Karl Stewart who's been playing really well of late.

St Johns Blue

Quote from: milltown row on April 18, 2008, 10:41:31 AM
in div2/3 we play Rossa (6.45pm Milltown Row) which i think is the biggest match in that league. tough call but i'm going for a home win by a point, Rossa will not want to be beaten by us again and will go all out for a win. Jim Connelly back playing for them which is a bonus and Gavin Bell coming back to fitness. But i think we'll hold out

wat sort of muppet are you??galls beat rossa??i no rosa have been bad bt nowere near st galls standart!!get real ya spa!!

milltown row

i'm glad to see a johnnies man on the board, i see they have not lost their arrogance.

Are st johns going to win the championship under Mickey Johnstone?

Minder

Glenariffe didnt start Tosh, Paul Mc Donnell and a couple of their other stongest players last week and still tanked Rossa, by all accounts they are woeful. I would fancy St Galls to beat them.

nrico2006

Well minder, I thought your network was down or something - you've been unusually quiet!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 18, 2008, 02:27:53 PM
Well minder, I thought your network was down or something - you've been unusually quiet!

Some of us have work to do Nrico, i just havent seen anything worthy of my wisdom........

nrico2006

Im a busy man, someone has to keep this place afloat!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 18, 2008, 03:01:19 PM
We're long overdue a Johnnies man on this board. Glad we got one of great calibre.

I have a feeling he could be gone before the throw in on Sunday........

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 18, 2008, 03:06:16 PM
Or it could be yer boy from 'Dunloy' who devoted his avatar and signature to 'Brian McFall - Antrim's greatest ever hurler'.
Groundie or Groundlie or something.

I think he was sectioned under the mental health act.

Fairhead

Quote from: NAG on April 18, 2008, 10:59:09 AM
Yeah i hear St Johns have savage work done already over the winter an with Ballycastle getting turned over in the U21's could be the beginning of a bad year for the sea siders.

Well many a team has done savage work over the winter and not been getting a sun tan from training in August so wouldn't worry too much about that  :P. I would agree with some others though that Div 1 will be very competitive this year and i think it will be vital to at least win the home games against the teams around you and try to nick another 1 or 2. Think its between Ballycastle, Glenariffe and St Johns for relegation so Ballycastle need to be aiming to beat the Johnnies, Glenariffe and 1 if not both Down teams at home. Might be wrong but i think 4 wins might be good enough to keep a team up.