Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

The official Antrim site is a waste of space, the good doctor seems to think that the only people with Antrims best interests at hearts are those that post solely on the Antrim site. You will be wasting our time though if you post on there and expect either reasoned debate or a reasonable reply to your posts. As Glensman said you can just imagine him there with his man from Del Monte linen suit and wrap around shades on with steam coming out his ears. He actually does more harm than good as good Antrim Gaa folk will go elsewhere to post their "opinion", an opinion is also something that is against the grain on the official site. If you dont agree with them you are wrong and partaking in "internet gossip"...............
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Glensman

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2008, 08:43:31 PM
The official Antrim site is a waste of space

Wise up!!

imtommygunn

I always had a funny feeling this Mhic Easmuint character was the admin there...

Minder

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2008, 09:55:47 PM
Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on April 14, 2008, 09:44:35 PM

Wise up!!

Is that all you have to add?

Yes with such a ridiculous statement. 
There is plenty of useful information available on the website. 
Websites which are a waste of space do not get an average of 1300 daily visitors.

Minder

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on April 14, 2008, 10:01:45 PM

Wise up!!

Websites which are a waste of space do not get an average of 1300 daily visitors.

Well allow me to clairify, the guestbook section is a waste of space.

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Minder on April 14, 2008, 10:02:53 PM
Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on April 14, 2008, 10:01:45 PM

Wise up!!

Well allow me to clairify, the guestbook section is a waste of space.
Your entitled to your opinion.

theskull1

Well it's hard to argue with that defense  :-\. At least have the balls to argue your position Mhic Easmuint. You never know, you might convince us. ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mhic Easmuint

Argue my position??  I did, which was against the statement that the official Antrim Website was a waste of space, which Minder clarified that he did not mean.

theskull1

Yes, at which point you ran out of opinion on his clarification. Do you secretly agree with him on that point?

Mhic Easmuint

No,
It is an official County website so the team of administrators would obviously defend any bad comments or rumours which appear on it. 
At least they take the time to reply, I administer my own club website guestbook and anything which I don't like just gets deleted straight away.

theskull1

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on April 14, 2008, 11:37:58 PM
No,
It is an official County website so the team of administrators would obviously defend any bad comments or rumours which appear on it. 
At least they take the time to reply, I administer my own club website guestbook and anything which I don't like just gets deleted straight away.

What I have issue with is, what "admin" defines as "bad comments" and the (lack of) style with which he defends/attacks opinions which do not tow the line. Hardly encouraging interest from the populus with such a heavy handed approach to critical comment. The guy's a bloody communist.

Case in point below.

Name : Golfer07 April 2008Firstly, do you know who won the golfing comp yesterday in Ballycastle? Secondly - I would like to say how disappointed I was in way it was organised and set up. After we finished our round, we didn't know who to hand our cards in to or where to find them! There was no communication informing when prize giving was. And £40 for a round of golf and a MEAL. I don't know who advertised this as a meal. A frozen chicken burger, beef burger, chicken goujans or fry with cremated chips! In my books, this isn't a meal, especially after paying £40 towards it. Who exactly does the proceeds go too and what does the money fund?

Admins reply
This competition was organised by the North Antrim Board and was won by Oliver Mulvenna from Glenarm. We can't understand why you have come onto the county's website to anonymously complain about this rather than registering your dissatisfaction with the North Antrim officials who were present throughout the whole day in the Golf club? Do you think that will achieve anything or maybe you, like many others simply want to complain for the sake of complaining. The officials present were at the same place to receive cards when rounds were finished so we can't understand how when you got your cards you couldn't remember where to return them. You certainly can't have looked too hard, but obviously you found out how to get your meal which somehow doesn't make much sense. Green fees for Ballycastle on a Sunday would normally be around £25 and £5 was set aside for the meals. Nobody ever suggested that you were getting a 5 course gourmet dinner and despite your criticism of the food, everybody else seemd to be satisified with this. This event was run to raise funds for the development of games in North Antrim - why did you think you were there in the first place? Did somebody ambush you and forcibly bring you to this? Perhaps you will consider bringing any legitimate complaint you might have to the appropriate forum because all in all most people seemed to have enjoyed the day, despite the inclement weather

milltown row

Sunday 20th April 2008
Antrim Hurling Div 1- 2008
Team 1       Team 2   Referee                    Venue                    Time
Ballycastle    v   St. Johns    McIntyre Tommy   Ballycastle                    15:00
Loughgiel    v   Glenariff    Hasson Eamon   Loughgiel Shamrocks    15:00
Dunloy    v   Ballygalget    McHenry John   Dunloy                    15:00

Antrim Hurling Reserve D1
Team 1       Team 2   Referee                   Venue   Time
Ballycastle    v   St. Johns    Mitchell Willie   Ballycastle   13:30
Dunloy    v   Ballygalget    McHugh Aidan   Dunloy   13:30

Antrim Hurling Div 2-3 - 2008
Team 1                       Team 2    Referee                      Venue                   Time
Carey Faughs    v   Glenravel    Duffy Garrett   Carey Faughs   15:00
Gaeil Chluana    v   Cloughmills    Traynor Francis   Ahoghill                   15:00
Gort Na Mona    v   Armoy    Wells Terence   Gort Na Mona   15:00
Lamh Dhearg    v   Ballycran    McAuley Liam   Lamh Dhearg   15:00
Shane O Neills    v   Cushendun Elliott Owen   Shane ONeills   15:00
St. Galls                    v   Rossa    Torney Hugh   St. Galls                   15:00
St. Pauls                    v   Rasharkin    Magee Declan   St. Pauls                   15:00
Tir na Nog       v   Sarsfields    Matthews Ray   Tir na Nog                   15:00

Antrim Hurling Div 4A - 2008
Team 1       Team 2                   Referee                   Venue   Time
St. Galls 2          v   St. Teresas    Prenter Sean   St. Galls   13:30
Ardoyne           v   Lamh Dhearg 2   Quinn Liam                   Cherryvale   14:00
St. Agnes           v   St. Endas                    Reilly Terry                   St. Agnes   15:00

Antrim Hurling Div 4B - 2008
Team 1       Team 2                   Referee                   Venue                   Time
Davitts             v   Larne                    McGrath Davy   Boucher Road   14:00
Creggan Gaels      v   Sean McDermotts    Graham Harry   Creggan Gaels   15:00
St. Brigids (B )     v      Sarsfields 2   Murray Sean                   St. Brigids                   15:00

Shamrock

We have a busy weekend a head of us......we play U-21 on Friday night, Ulster league on Saturday, and County league on Sunday. Theres a possibility of some players playing 3 games in a row. And the GAA talk about burn out etc etc. Hopefully we have a big enough panel to cope. U-21 championship we play Clooney gaels. They beat Cushendall last year - big shock. Anyone hear what there like this year? We have a decent team as usual this year, so we should give it a good rattle!!

We played Ballycastle last saturday night in our first Ulster league game, eventually winning by 9 or 10 points. But we struggled against a poor town team. It was low key, aand as far as i know it was our first venture on grass this year due to unavailiability of pitches to train outside on!!