Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

On a different note - does anyone know what Charlie Carter said/wrote that so vexed our leader?????

Minder

Sambo had the players out for a few pints before the relegation play off with Limerick last year which i found astonishing. A lot of people dont give a shit what they get up to when they are away but what people cant tolerate is Sambo and Woody constantly telling us that the kind of behaviour that was allowed to go unchecked by previous managers is no longer happening when it obviously is.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shamrock

Again the knives sharpen for Sambo & Woody!!
In all honestly, could someone tell me who within realism is better equiped to take Antrim than them?? Possibly Shane Elliot, but i reckon he will in a few years....anybody else?? Dont Think so

Shamrock

Hows the clubs going? Aye know its early days yet but any reports/. were back training, but its fairly low key stuff at the min im told. St Galls seem to be making a big effort this year. They must smell a rat and fancy pipping us in August ;)

Shamrock

Do you really think Jingo would be better?? Why?

youngfella

jingo and humpy, ack they werent bad at all. why did they go? or were they pushed? they won the crusty ring cup
Pull hard and early

Minder

Well its no secret they were pushed and the current county chairman did not behave as you would expect someone in his position should,but he got his wish with the current management and we can see the vast improvement from previous regimes,cant we. . . . . . ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

youngfella

hmmm interesting thought they done a pretty good job, humpy is a great trainer. The current bunch managed a talented bunch of minors and u-21s. hopefully in a few years this can be displayed on the big stage
Pull hard and early

youngfella

Im imposing a ban on myself from this website, due to the amount of work i need to be doing. talk to you in a while lads
Pull hard and early

milltown row

No craic here lads, season is nearly starting, the under 21 championship this weekend and the Ulster hurling league starts on Saturday night, couple of points that need to be sorted out, will the senior teams be going flat out in the ulster hurling league this year? considering that the div 1 league will be tight and the div2/3 league will be tight at the top and at the bottom. playing tough games on a saturday night then a important league game the next day!

we play Ballycastle (UHL) the night before we play Rossa in the first match of the league. cant see us bringing down a senior team, we may give them some 15 minutes but it would be foolish. as i'm sure the Castle will be taking all their league games serious

NAG

Think the Ulster leage will become obselite if we can get the Antrim leagues running properly.
It only filled the void of lack of games in Antrim.

Cant see any of the top teams putting out any sort of team in the UL with a league game the next day, would be crazy too. Although can see if benefitting any of those teams with bigger squads, Loughguile and Dunloy mainly.

milltown row

comes back to the timimg of the Ulster hurling league, should be started a lot earlier, clubs will take it a lot more seriously. the Ulster football league is a success because they play it early the final was last week 2 weeks before the county leagues start up, good prep for club teams. but then again it's football and Ulster we are talking about and hurling does not seem to fit into their plans

Two Hands FFS

Ulster seem they are doing their bit for Hurling by organising these leagues. U21 Championship starts this weekend...think those matches are on Sunday. So alot of the teams wont be playing some of the younger players on Saturday as they championship on Sunday.

NAG

Ulster are only paying lip service to hurling with these leagues.

One highly paid offical and this is the only scheme in 3 years?

milltown row

Quote from: Shamrock on March 25, 2008, 08:38:09 PM
Hows the clubs going? Aye know its early days yet but any reports/. were back training, but its fairly low key stuff at the min im told. St Galls seem to be making a big effort this year. They must smell a rat and fancy pipping us in August ;)

Shamrock, we've been trying to pip you for years, but were still 5/6 points of the pace, our championship this year is the league, if we manage to give you a close game then grand, i'm more interested in focusing on Rossa, Ballycran, Gorts, Lamhs and the other teams that are looking to get out of this league