Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Aye noticed that too, hippy is a great hurler but he's a natural half back. he should be played there to learn his trade, fair do hes bit slow but there not many better in antrim under a puck out. But its a sad state of affairs when a half back is being made to play in centre forward. What does it say about the county! I mind the minors of a few years ago there was a cracking forward, he was country boy, cant mind his name, He played in full forward lovely touch. what happened to him?
Pull hard and early

milltown row

how are the clubs going pre season? what challenge games have yas played?

we played Ballygalget on Sunday, good game considering both teams missing players.

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on March 19, 2008, 01:33:40 PM

we played Ballygalget on Sunday, good game considering both teams missing players.

Early season stuff on sunday milltown and I'd say youse are further on in terms of both stickwork and fitness, but a good lung opener for us all the same.

milltown row

we been training wed. nights and sundays, our first three games should sort out/decide if we will get promoted.

first game against Rossa at home

johnneycool

Forgot to say that the Johnnies and Loughgeile were both down at a tournament in Portaferry a few weeks back and took the opportunity to puck the heads of each other for 5 minutes, a bit of bad blood there!!

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on March 19, 2008, 03:24:01 PM

Forgot to say that the Johnnies and Loughgeile were both down at a tournament in Portaferry a few weeks back and took the opportunity to puck the heads of each other for 5 minutes, a bit of bad blood there!!

Aye i heard about that, the Loughguile manager said the Johnnies were dirty f*ckers but i suppose there is two sides to it
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

youngfella

[/quote]

Aye i heard about that, the Loughguile manager said the Johnnies were dirty f*ckers but i suppose there is two sides to it
[/quote]

Pot calling the kettle black or what! Did the ref sent any boys off or report it ?
Pull hard and early

johnneycool

Quote from: youngfella on March 19, 2008, 03:48:00 PM

[/quote]

Pot calling the kettle black or what! Did the ref sent any boys off or report it ?
[/quote]

It was a friendly, so after they all tired themselves out the hurling resumed on a 15 aside basis. Don't know if there was a proper ref there or not but I wouldn't expect any offical action.

I remember we used to hold a tournament in the summer and one of the games involved the Sars and Johnnies not long after the whole Sars and money going missing back in the late 80's. I think a lot of lads must of transferred to the Johhnies after that and christ all hell broke out that night, first time I ever saw hurls used in a ruck, frightening stuff. No ref's report that night either.

slow corner back

[/quote]

[/quote]

Surely you are not referring to the saintly Hooker there??? :D

Minder

Quote from: slow corner back on March 19, 2008, 04:36:53 PM

[/quote]

Surely you are not referring to the saintly Hooker there??? :D
[/quote] That exactly who i am referring to !

youngfella

hes back!!!!!!!!!!! rocky!!!  rocky!!!  rocky!!!  rocky!!!  rocky!!!  rocky!!!
Pull hard and early

Minder

Nipper Quinn and Mc Crory dropped for O Connell & Donal Mc Naughton.

20 March 2008
Antrim hurling team to play Kilkenny this Sunday:

Ryan Mc Garry Mc Quillans Ballycastle
Arron Graffin Ruairi og Cushendall
Neil Mc Garry Loughiel Shamrocks
Sean Delargy Ruairi og Cushendall
Ciaran Herron Lamh Dhearg Hannahstown
Johnny Campbell Loughiel Shamrocks
Michael Mc Cambridge Ruairi og Cushendall
PJ O Connell Clooney Gaels
Karl Mc Keegan Ruairi og Cushendall
Paddy Mc Gill Ruairi og Cushendall
Donal Mc Naughton Ruairi og Cushendall
Liam Watson Loughiel Shamrocks
Karl Stewart St Gall's Belfast
Cormac Donnelly Mc Quillans Ballycastle
Paddy Richmond Cuchullains Dunloy

Guillem2

This is one where the lads have to go out with their heads held high and hurl to the best of their ability. Ignore the score board completely.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

theskull1

Can't for the life of me understand why S&W have not been trying to use their panel a bit more in these last few games. If they're there then they be giving them all a rattle. It's not as if anyone expected us to win these games with our strongest team, so why not give as many a go as possible and encourage them to focus on performance rather than scoreline.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

PJ O Connell Clooney Gaels, i'm confused, couple of other players on the team that should try the bench for a change, Cormac Donnelly Mc Quillans Ballycastle, being one of them, and as good as a hurler he is but Michael Mc Cambridge has been woeful, but thats just my opinion and for ten pounds in to watch them home and away i can say that