Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

N. Ronan scored 2-4 or close to it last week and isnt playing?

As Gerald said last week they must be giving the panel a run.

Last Man

Everyone should make a point of going to a County comittee meeting and I think you would find that the biggest problem is the club delegates we allow to represent our clubs. I reckon the executive commitee do all right considering, but until intelligent, clear thinkers are in the majority on the floor we will make little progress. :(

podge

Quote from: Minder on March 14, 2008, 11:15:50 AM
The terms "Antrim County Board" and "initiative" are mutually exclusive......

a bit unfair there Minder.   perhaps so in the past but the current county board have shown plenty of initiative. examples being- excellent website and e-sport results system, published fixtures, fundraising draws and races days, purchase of lands for centre of excellence, annual yearbook (prizewinning), calendar etc.

its all too easy to cristicise from a distance

Quote from: theskull1 on March 14, 2008, 11:10:43 AM
It would be very easy for the County Board to take the initiative and put some stratagies in place to try and encourage people out of their silence. Games are much more enjoyable to watch when theres an atmosphere not to mention the benefit to the players. Everybody (including the kids who we want them to want to play the game) enjoys the buzz. I really wish the would do some PR on this.

fair point on atmosphere.  any suggestions skull?  you can be sure a few members of the county board keep a close on the discussion pages

Quote from: Last Man on March 14, 2008, 12:17:23 PM
Everyone should make a point of going to a County comittee meeting and I think you would find that the biggest problem is the club delegates we allow to represent our clubs. I reckon the executive commitee do all right considering, but until intelligent, clear thinkers are in the majority on the floor we will make little progress. :(

never a truer word.  attend some of these meetings and you will get a real insight into antrim GAA matters

theskull1

Quote from: podge on March 14, 2008, 01:51:41 PM

fair point on atmosphere.  any suggestions skull?  you can be sure a few members of the county board keep a close on the discussion pages

Use the local media to discuss the lack of atmosphere at County matches and the importance of trying to generate one for the benefit of the team. Encourage all supporters coming to the game to come out of their shells.

Back this up with a poster campaign around GAA areas
Plenty of notice going into the ground to get behind the team

shouldn't be a difficult task
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

PlayWithTheWind

Antrim Hurling Panel v Cork 16.03.08

1.Ryan McGarry McQuillans
2.Arron Graffin Ruairi Og's
3.Neil McGarry Loughiel Shamrocks
4.Sean Delargy Ruairi Og's
5.Ciaran Herron Lamh Dhearg
6.Johnny Campbell Loughiel Shamrocks
7.Michael McCambridge Ruairi Og's
8.Karl McKeegan Ruairi Og's
9.Simon McCrory St John's
10.Paddy McGill Ruairi Og's
11.Cormac Donnelly McQuillan's
12.Karl Stewart St Gall's
13.Paddy Richmond Cuchullians
14.Liam Watson Loughiel Shamrocks
15.Brendan Quinn Gort naMona
16.Ronan Kearney Ruairi Og's
17.Michael Kettle Rossa
18.Kevin Elliott Ruairi Og's
19.Eddie McCloskey Loughiel Shamrocks
20.Donal McNaughton Ruairi Og's
21.Shane McNaughton Ruairi Og's
22.Colm Duffin   Tir na nOg
23.Michael Magill Tir na nOg
24.Darren Hamill Shane O'Neill's
25.Kevin McGourty St Gall's
26.Cathal McAuley Carey Faughs
27.Philip Maguire St Teresa's
28. P.J. O'Connell Clooney Gaels
29.Paul Shiels Cuchullains
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

PlayWithTheWind

has Barry Mc Faul lefted the panel?

hippy out to centre forward and winker in on the square. think this might bring hippy more into the game but at the same time take our best forward out of it a bit. i hope not

PlayWithTheWind

how could I forget it  :D

imtommygunn

Donnelly seems to be one they're persisting with. I hope he works out but there's a lot of people who'd have been dropped a long time ago were they playing like him...(Don't want to be harsh on the fella as he's young and being played out of position)

Bringing Karl out of CHB is not a good thing IMO. He may not always stick tight to his man but he has authority in that position and holds the position itself well. I think Johnny Campbell has a place on the team but not there.

Magill bad hamstring as far as I'm aware so won't be available.

What's the story with Shane McNaughton? He seems to be well out of the picture.

the colonel

shane has been injured on and off when he seems to be training with the county, came on as a sub last week and done not too bad considering. would imagine he will make another sub appearance this weekend, along with paul shiels.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Midfield could get messy whoever is playing there if Tom Kenny gets running at us. Karl or Mc Crory wont have the legs for him.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Guillem2

You get a better atmosphere at an u14 match in Falls park than you do at Casement.

Is anything being done to encourage primary school kids attendance at Casement? We should be offering a free bag of crisps and a bottle of lemonade to every primary school kid accompanied by an adult. It would cost very little and make the kids feel welcome. Hopefully it gets the kids into the habit of attending matches at young age.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Two Hands FFS

If anyone on the Antrim team would have the legs for Tom Kenny it would be Simon but being good enough to mark him is a completely differant story.

podge

Quote from: Guillem2 on March 15, 2008, 07:21:04 AM
You get a better atmosphere at an u14 match in Falls park than you do at Casement.

Is anything being done to encourage primary school kids attendance at Casement? We should be offering a free bag of crisps and a bottle of lemonade to every primary school kid accompanied by an adult. It would cost very little and make the kids feel welcome. Hopefully it gets the kids into the habit of attending matches at young age.

i see from the guestbook on the official antrim website that passes have been handed out at some of the primary schools to encourage kids to come along.  they would get in free anyway but the pass acts a reminder.  not a bad idea.  ultimately of course its up to the parents to take them along and the price of a bag of crisps is hardly going to be the decisive factor in that :-\

theskull1

Quote from: podge on March 15, 2008, 10:31:50 AM
Quote from: Guillem2 on March 15, 2008, 07:21:04 AM

i see from the guestbook on the official antrim website that passes have been handed out at some of the primary schools to encourage kids to come along.  they would get in free anyway but the pass acts a reminder.  not a bad idea.  ultimately of course its up to the parents to take them along and the price of a bag of crisps is hardly going to be the decisive factor in that :-\

Suggested this for the start of last years NHL...better late than never. But why is it only some primary schools?? Surely you go for all of them or none at all??
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Say something on hoganstand that todays game may be moved to ballycastle depending on the state of the basement pitch after the football match last night
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"