Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

just a cheap dig at the CCC Skull no harm intended, like to wind them up, hey bite everytime

Tony Baloney

Skull do you really consider the Johnnie's a top 3/4 team?! There is an out and out top 3 with everyone else trailing in their dust. I really can't see anyone outside the big 3 winning this in the near future.

milltown row

so tony what do we do? do we have what Down do at the minute and have a three way championship?

we could have easily opted out of senior this year and tried for the "glory of winning interm. Championship". no glory in that, would rather test ourselves against the big teams. maybe when we start to get hammered we wil play inter.

should they make the Football championship a two way race or just let us win it every year? no, teams need to test themselves in Championship only then will they gain enough experience.

Minder

Quote from: milltown row on February 26, 2008, 01:18:26 PM
so tony what do we do? do we have what Down do at the minute and have a three way championship?

we could have easily opted out of senior this year and tried for the "glory of winning interm. Championship". no glory in that, would rather test ourselves against the big teams. maybe when we start to get hammered we wil play inter.

should they make the Football championship a two way race or just let us win it every year? no, teams need to test themselves in Championship only then will they gain enough experience.

Milltown i think the problem yourselves and Rossa will have is playing Division 2 hurling all year, and probably tanking teams, then making the step up against Loughguile, and the faster pace and stickwork that they will bring. The preparation in Division 2 for playing Loughguile wont be great.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

milltown row

no other option this year minde but we'll stick at it. as Loughgiel knwo from last year that we will certainly put up a fight, was tight last year untill Loughgiel pulled away in the latter stages, we fade badly on the 50 mark every year.

Guillem2

Well lads I haven't been about the past week but Jesus thats a great draw! Watch the numbers at training go through the roof with the prospect of a slash at the Johnnies in the SHC! It will be tough for us playing Div 2 this year because in truth some of the games will be mis- matches so maybe the Ulster league will be taken seriously.

The open draw and straight knock out makes these games great occasions and big crowds can be expected.

I agree with Milltown Row about pluggin away at senior and there's always the chance of an upset. It's happened before!!
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

milltown row

Just read dessie donnelly's article in the Gaelic Life, he has the bear face cheek to complain about the number of teams that have entered the senior hurling Championship?

he's lucky after he himself through Ballycastle made the proposal/amendment to drop the league to 8 teams. he's lucky Rossa and ourselves entered the senior championship otherwise it would have been 6 teams contesting the Championship.  mental

NAG

Milltown

Doesnt matter how many enter it, there is only three competing for it and thats a fact!

milltown row

yes i know Nag, like the football but had to laugh at Dessie remarks

NAG

Hardstation

Whats opinion about it?
I think you'll find that it is fact?

whats your counter arguement?

youngfella

Who has the displeasure to be playing Dunloy in the ulster league? When are they lads going to start playing county?
Pull hard and early

theskull1

Quote from: youngfella on March 03, 2008, 03:13:51 AM
Who has the displeasure to be playing Dunloy in the ulster league? When are they lads going to start playing county?

WTF does that reply mean? Did your ma never tell you to use your words. Until you do, people will have no clue wtf you are talking about

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

youngfella

seems clear. Skull use your finger to point at the word that your reading  ;)
Pull hard and early

theskull1

Quote from: youngfella on March 03, 2008, 11:39:28 AM

Believe me ...I resorted to it. Still don't know what you're getting at? What will the displeasure be?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on March 03, 2008, 06:30:02 PM
Quote from: youngfella on March 03, 2008, 11:39:28 AM

Believe me ...I resorted to it. Still don't know what you're getting at? What will the displeasure be?

It must be a back handed compliment, i.e. whoever has drawn Dunloy is in for a tanking.

I suppose we're due up at some point in both the Ulster league and Antrim league, sure we'll just keep pucking the ball out to youse.
;)