Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on February 18, 2008, 03:33:21 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 18, 2008, 03:22:42 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 18, 2008, 03:19:55 PM
Great result for Antrim  - it certainly looks like they are making great progressu under Sambo -

Steady on there Orangeman.....

Terry, you're just a bit too quick to pounce on any praise Terence might get. I'm not saying that some of the praise isn't false (alot of it is), it's just you appear to have a personal rather than an objective position when it comes to da management.

Not at all i just think we go overboard in both scenarios in this county, last week we were a shower of tossers in many quarters after losing to Dublin now we have moved full circle. I think we should be cautiously optimistic, nothing more. Do you not think comments like Orangeman's are ill advised? As far as i was aware there were two people managing the team.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG

Hows Dunloy shaping up any suprises?

milltown row

heading down to clones also, was there the last time the played Birr, was a game that Dunloy threw away, Birr still mainly the same team. Dunloy would have a lot of new players on the team from then.

i hope dunloy win,

imtommygunn

What are the general feelings on the Dunloy game?

It's all very quiet and the expectations would seem quite low compared to normal.

I hope / think that there could be a sneaky win here. Couldn't see there being an all ireland in the current team though.

milltown row

Dunloy obviously have a ban on forums and newspapers (bar today) but i didn't see much of a threat as say a full strength Ballyhale team, when watching the two Birr games that were televised. although harsh weather for thoses games Birr seemed to get he rub of the green on the day.

in saying that, any team that comes out of a Leinster club hurling will be fancying themselves against a Ulster team.

think game should be a cracker and played at a faster rate than the county game last week at Dunloy.

on that note i went for a pint in the pub on the corner and watch the first half of the Tipp game, and was wondering when watching a game live on tv, does it look quicker than say watching it from the stand?

imtommygunn

I noticed too Milltown that the Tipp Limerick game looked very quick / tough on tv. I'd say there's no love lost between those two teams though after last years saga so they'd be wanting to both go out all guns blazing.

I would say though you have a point - I think games look quicker on tv. That said Dublin Antrim looked slow enough on tv but I think we would still have the problem of playing at a slower pace. I don't think the wexford game would have looked quick on tv at all.

NAG

Have just noticed a story about the International rules series, I know it doesnt belong on here but with Brennan saying he wants the clubs to decide.

This totally reeks of pandering to the clubs now that they were given a say in the grants issue and it smacks of give them this little thing because deep down no one cares either way. Keep them happy.

"LET THEM EAT CAKE"

Guillem2

Championship draws on Monday night apparently. If anyone is at the meeting can they post them? What format was finally agreed.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Two Hands FFS

Senior Championship is an open draw with 8 teams in it. Open draw as well.

Minder

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on February 23, 2008, 10:24:06 PM
Senior Championship is an open draw with 8 teams in it. Open draw as well.
So in conclusion it will be an open draw . . .

Minder

i heard all eight teams will be drawn out of a hat with no seedings or byes, i have also heard it will be an open draw so its hard to know

Square Ball

dall V glenariffe
st johns v rossa

thats two good matches there, couldnt have picked them if you tried
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

PlayWithTheWind

great draw for the dall!!

st johns V rossa should be a god old tussle.

u hear any more draws?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

milltown row

i thought it was Glenarriffe v Dunloy. anyway i find it a little bit strange that the big three missed each other. heard games are to be played at a neutral venue

theskull1

Quote from: milltown row on February 26, 2008, 08:06:31 AM
i thought it was Glenarriffe v Dunloy. anyway i find it a little bit strange that the big three missed each other. heard games are to be played at a neutral venue

I'm sure the mathematicians could explain it for you milltown. It was either probability at work or hot balls placed in the bag. Who knows. Look it's what the clubs wanted so we can't start complaining too much when the draw maybe doesn't suit us.

Looking at the pairings I think that the draw is slippery enough for the top 3/4.
Cusehendall playing bitter rivals
St Johns playing bitter rivals
Loughgiel having strugggled against the milltown men in the past
Dunloy having struggled against Ballycastle in early rounds in the past

Shame that there is only 8 teams. Antrim really should have a ten year plan to get this to 12-16 teams, with 5-6 really challenging for the title
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera