Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I remember feile like yesterday, not much has change in nearly 50 years!! What are we looking for, really?

Anyone coaching it not that doesn't adopt to how it's actually run needs to look at how grey approach this competition over others.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 15, 2023, 11:34:50 PM
Feile is everything that is bad about the Gaa, a horrible competition that goes completely against everything the Gaa have been promoting via go games

You mean competitive stuff and giving everyone a go?

I suppose there must be a 'cut off' point where Go Games end for definative and competition starts properly.

Is there not like a seeded thing now in counties, where teams are graded?

Saffrongael

Quote from: marty34 on April 16, 2023, 07:36:24 AM
Feile is everything that is bad about the Gaa, a horrible competition that goes completely against everything the Gaa have been promoting via go games

I suppose there must be a 'cut off' point where Go Games end for definative and competition starts properly.

Teams have to make 4 subs, the ref stops the game to make them do it. Well Antrim yesterday there was a Div 1 & 2 separate competition.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

SaffronSports

I'd make the case that FĂ©ile is basically just Go Games but for U-15 kids and with results kept. In North Antrim there's Championship from u-11 so u-15 will be well use to results being kept.

johnnycool

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 16, 2023, 11:41:46 AM

Teams have to make 4 subs, the ref stops the game to make them do it. Well Antrim yesterday there was a Div 1 & 2 separate competition.

Do Antrim do that in their county Feile?

GAAhead2013

Not so sure it's Feile where the problem lies. More so the attitude/behaviour of some coaches.
Feile is great for getting more games and a chance to experience hurling against teams from other counties etc.
it's the kids with bad coaches that don't enjoy the experience eg coach gets too competitive, acts the complete maggot and forgets he's dealing with 12-15 year olds. He might make less substitutes (which is life) but might not be as sensitive in helping a child understand the reasoning for no game time, how they could improve etc. 

Not really sure about Saffrongaels comment about the "promotion" of it from Gaelfast, I'd much prefer the focus was on coordinating the games, sorting venues and using their time working with clubs and in schools as opposed to being glorified PROs.

Saffrongael

Quote from: johnnycool on April 17, 2023, 09:16:12 AM
Quote from: Saffrongael on April 16, 2023, 11:41:46 AM

Do Antrim do that in their county Feile?

Yeah
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

keep her low this half

Big game on Saturday V the Dubs in Corrigan. Looking forward to it although the Dubs have definitely had the upper hand on us in recent years. Hopefully we have a full strength team out because our strength in depth wouldn't be great.
Hoping to see McManus, Cunning, Molloy and James Mc Naughten on a lot of ball. Most of our strength is in attack so hopefully a good day and a dry ball will help us.
We need to win a high percentage of our own puckouts though which has been an issue throughout the league.

NorthAntrim

i think our half back line/midfield will be where the game is won and lost. Confident we can do damage up front given the right ball. Can we mark burke out of the game and keep the free count down?

Saffrongael

Should be a good game, we will know where we are at better after the phoney war of the league being over. Be concerned about the pitch at Corrigan, didn't look great a couple of weeks ago when I saw it & isn't getting any time to recover.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 18, 2023, 01:27:39 PM
Should be a good game, we will know where we are at better after the phoney war of the league being over. Be concerned about the pitch at Corrigan, didn't look great a couple of weeks ago when I saw it & isn't getting any time to recover.

Wouldn't be too many pitches available that would be in great condition tbf..

As for the team, I seen McManus had a cast on I think (from distance) I seen, so hopefully just a precaution for him.. Dubs are a big physical team and skill too so it will be very tough.

We need to be at our best and they will have to be going at 70% for us to get something
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 18, 2023, 02:16:12 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on April 18, 2023, 01:27:39 PM

Wouldn't be too many pitches available that would be in great condition tbf..

As for the team, I seen McManus had a cast on I think (from distance) I seen, so hopefully just a precaution for him.. Dubs are a big physical team and skill too so it will be very tough.

We need to be at our best and they will have to be going at 70% for us to get something

100%, it's just a by product of having a club ground that is getting used every day of the week doubling as your county ground

Saffsof82

Why have we go games fixtures on Saturday afternoon and juvenile league games? Antrim playing Dublin in the Leinster championship ffs, kids be far better off in Corrigan watching and getting the bug

Saffrongael

Antrim team named. Niall McKenna not on panel. Injured ?

BrendanAntrim

Picked up a knock in training acc to SG. A real pity that.