Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Fantastic Dunloy. You can dare to dream now!!!

Baile an tuaigh

Great great win dare I say it thought Dunloy had better stick work. Fantastic use of the ball into space and now they have got their win in Croke Park it's not beyond them that was a good team they beat today.

barnish oggie

The space in the forward line definitely helped Dunloy in the second half.

Once they get a chance to run at the defence they are hard to stop.

Greta win for them

keep her low this half

Quote from: barnish oggie on December 19, 2022, 09:25:38 AM
The space in the forward line definitely helped Dunloy in the second half.

Once they get a chance to run at the defence they are hard to stop.

Greta win for them
The one thing Dunloy definitely have in abundance is pace. It should be a great final with the pace energy and ability of the Dunloy forwards against the experience and guile of the Ballyhale back line. Plus throw in TJ, Colin Fennelly plus Adrian Mullen for firepower at the other end it has all the makings of a cracker.

Milltown Row2

Only watched the games this morning, had phone off as was out so wanted to watching it 'live'

Poor first half by both teams, handling errors all over the shop, some wides (albeit difficult angles for some) maybe nerves or settling into the surroundings of Croke I don't know, but the second half for both was far better, the 'winning' goal was score of the day in both games..

Second game similar to first game, poor handling, taking the wrong options and while the intensity was 3 levels above Dunloy, Dunloy just have to regroup and look at how they can lift their game for the final..

Couple of bad injuries there yesterday too, which won't help, but Dunloy have unearthed a decent panel..

Physically Ballyhale are massive, so they can't get drawn into a physical battle

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Hard to see how the dunloy half back - crawford is it? - makes it back for the final. I can't imagine Ballyhale are much bigger / more physical than St Thomas's . A few of those burkes are bests of men (well near all of them).

Milltown Row2

They certainly were beasts and I admire lads that don't fear or shrink from a challenge but one challenge if the ref had another look was borderline red, but no card, the actual yellow was unlucky and Nigel was probably full hardy..

Noticed this in both games when attackers where shooting they flipped their hurls round so bas was  other way round!

New one on me
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The collar bone one for me was pretty vicious tbh. There was another border line red on mcgarry too. I didn't think Nigel Elliot was continuing from that one -  he did well to get up and continue from it.

On the subject of reffing and opinion etc I did have to laugh at Cooney's reaction to the penalty. He genuinely seemed to think he had done nothing wrong. It would have been a great tackle in aussie rules tbf to him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 19, 2022, 03:20:43 PM
The collar bone one for me was pretty vicious tbh. There was another border line red on mcgarry too. I didn't think Nigel Elliot was continuing from that one -  he did well to get up and continue from it.

On the subject of reffing and opinion etc I did have to laugh at Cooney's reaction to the penalty. He genuinely seemed to think he had done nothing wrong. It would have been a great tackle in aussie rules tbf to him.

Aye the lads on commentary were laughing at his attempts of explaining he did nothing wrong!

McGarrys was a red n reflection, he was devastated on the pitch afterward as you can imagine, the subs filled in well and Anton scored a cracker, Paul shiels came on and steady the ship as roving halfback

Upandover

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2022, 03:12:31 PM
They certainly were beasts and I admire lads that don't fear or shrink from a challenge but one challenge if the ref had another look was borderline red, but no card, the actual yellow was unlucky and Nigel was probably full hardy..

Noticed this in both games when attackers where shooting they flipped their hurls round so bas was  other way round!

New one on me

Why do that?
Maybe the reason for so many wides in the game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Upandover on December 19, 2022, 03:30:33 PM

New one on me

Why do that?

Not sure, it seems only at goal attempts when they might be getting hooked or it changes what the keepers think would be the natural flight of the ball

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2022, 03:25:23 PM

Aye the lads on commentary were laughing at his attempts of explaining he did nothing wrong!

McGarrys was a red n reflection, he was devastated on the pitch afterward as you can imagine, the subs filled in well and Anton scored a cracker, Paul shiels came on and steady the ship as roving halfback

Shields is a smart hurler. You can see him use the experience and expend a lot less energy than most others to pick out boys. Very useful.

Yeah the number 5(or 7?) looked sore. Real pity for him. There was no need for that tackle at all.

barnish oggie

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2022, 03:35:02 PM

New one on me

Why do that?

Not sure, it seems only at goal attempts when they might be getting hooked or it changes what the keepers think would be the natural flight of the ball

Do you mean they had the toe pointing to the ground?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: barnish oggie on December 20, 2022, 08:14:07 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2022, 03:35:02 PM

New one on me

Why do that?

Do you mean they had the toe pointing to the ground?

yep

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 19, 2022, 03:41:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 19, 2022, 03:25:23 PM

Shields is a smart hurler. You can see him use the experience and expend a lot less energy than most others to pick out boys. Very useful.

Yeah the number 5(or 7?) looked sore. Real pity for him. There was no need for that tackle at all.

The ball was on the ground, the St Thomas' lad had every right to go in for it, his shoulder caught Crawford on the collarbone, unfortunate, but nothing more than that.

The Elliott one was red all day long..

Have to say the first point of the day from Elliott where he killed the ball on the hurl whilst sprinting through was as good a piece of skill as you'll see anywhere and anytime in Ireland.