Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Gutsy performance by our lady's today, final next Saturday evening at 6:30 in HQ.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 10, 2022, 07:25:26 PM
Gutsy performance by our lady's today, final next Saturday evening at 6:30 in HQ.

That's how I would describe it also. It's true what they say, hurling is not hurling without passion. Them ladies threw their heads in to tackles where you wouldn't throw your cap.

Roisin well marked but it was tough conditions for forwards. The fact that Roisin was being swamped with defenders it freed up the rest. Annie Lynn, Dobin and Lucia McNaughton were outstanding.

It's well within them to finish the job. Best of luck.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 10, 2022, 07:43:20 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on December 10, 2022, 07:25:26 PM

That's how I would describe it also. It's true what they say, hurling is not hurling without passion. Them ladies threw their heads in to tackles where you wouldn't throw your cap.

Roisin well marked but it was tough conditions for forwards. The fact that Roisin was being swamped with defenders it freed up the rest. Annie Lynn, Dobin and Lucia McNaughton were outstanding.

It's well within them to finish the job. Best of luck.
Shocking conditions for both teams. I thought the pushing for goals in first half was going to be the undoing of us,could have had 4/5 points only for they seemed really intent on goals.2nd half the middle of the field and backs were absolutely outstanding
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Baile an tuaigh

One thing I noticed today and in the kilmacud game last week is keepers putting their hand up to catch the ball when it's best to use the boss of the hurl to make sure the ball doesn't slip. Especially when your hands are freezing like that.

Loughgiel on a couple of occasions I noticed just didn't whip the ball on the ground when it was in the mixer. They could possibly have had a couple more goals.

Still fortune seeks the brave which your girls had in abundance.

NAG1

Dreadful conditions to expect players to be out in never mind trying to put on a good display.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 10, 2022, 08:09:49 PM
One thing I noticed today and in the kilmacud game last week is keepers putting their hand up to catch the ball when it's best to use the boss of the hurl to make sure the ball doesn't slip. Especially when your hands are freezing like that.

Loughgiel on a couple of occasions I noticed just didn't whip the ball on the ground when it was in the mixer. They could possibly have had a couple more goals.

Still fortune seeks the brave which your girls had in abundance.

Whipping the ball in those rucks is a thing of the past nowadays, that transcends through all levels now, all about possession, its a 50/50 whether pulling on the sliotar will get to where you intend it to go

As for the weather, it could turn bad by the weekend if this warm wind comes in, it will turn the frost into snow, apparently
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile an tuaigh

Loughgiel level with Sarsfields at half time despite a bad start. Their full forward line is class but just not getting enough ball to do damage. Perhaps bring one of them out to the half forward line where there's more ball?

Captain Obvious

Decent watch that was. Hard luck to the Loughgiel girls.

Baile an tuaigh

Hard luck Loughgiel very brave.

Baile an tuaigh

One of the main differences between Loughgiel and Sarsfields was Sarsfields synical fouling. Sarsfields for their two goals never had anyone holding onto them impeding their runs. While Loughgiel at the other end, any time they burst threw on goal  were having their jerseys held. It was what separated them at the end. You could see Roisin McCormicks frustration.

Sportacus

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 18, 2022, 12:46:05 AM
One of the main differences between Loughgiel and Sarsfields was Sarsfields synical fouling. Sarsfields for their two goals never had anyone holding onto them impeding their runs. While Loughgiel at the other end, any time they burst threw on goal  were having their jerseys held. It was what separated them at the end. You could see Roisin McCormicks frustration.
Number three gave an exhibition of fouling.  Ref copped on too late.  Enjoyable game.

imtommygunn

Dunloy definitely not out of their depth here anyway. Could be doing with taking more chances and that umpire giving them the odd 65 would help.

johnnycool

Even Stephens .

Neither team really firing, so all to play for.

On the penalty, with the way the keeper holds the hurl I'd always recommend going to the weaker side, it was too close to him anyway.

themac_23

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 18, 2022, 01:53:29 PM
Dunloy definitely not out of their depth here anyway. Could be doing with taking more chances and that umpire giving them the odd 65 would help.

Both teams shooting been brutal. Also, love to see the conversion rates of penalties since they were changed few years ago, pens are suppose to be an advantage to the attacking team. Doesn't seem that way currently, shot from the 21 is def in keepers favour.

imtommygunn

That st Thomas's full back is a beast of a man. Corner back not small either. Would like to see a bit more low ball in there to see if they can get the run on them.