Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Quote from: Jonkunlon on October 09, 2022, 12:10:38 PM
There are two portable toilet cubicles available to the entire crowd. I would suggest this is step one on the list of reasons as to why they don't play double headers at Dunsilly.

Paying fans have been losing out all season.

Look at the double headers Owenbeg is hosting this weekend.

Is that sufficient for one game never mind two ?

Upandover

Quote from: whatwillbwillb on October 05, 2022, 06:39:35 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 04, 2022, 11:19:03 PM
Quote from: Antrim Coaster on October 04, 2022, 10:15:15 PM
County final scheduled for Corrigan.A total joke.

Ballycastle and Loughgiel  8)are almost on the doorstep of both participants yet some p***k on the county board has decided  ???to schedule the final some 45 - 50 miles away from both villages.

Price of diesel obviously not considered when making this stupid decision.
What's the split on the gate?

St Johns would'nt need a split on the gate, social club/bar should be bringing in a clondyke considering the games hosted both club & county over the last few seasons!! Well CD played an absolute blinder!

Where is st johns bar located? ???

Jonkunlon

Upstairs above the changing rooms

keep her low this half

Very quiet in here for the week before the championship finals
Anyways heres my predictions

Junior final Rasharkin v Glenarm, Glenarm are by a long way the strongest team in this competition. Rasharkin have done well to get to the final but Glenarm will be a bridge too far for them. Glenarm by 5

Intermediate Final Clooney V Cushendun, Cushendun have improved as this has progressed, but Clooney carry a serious goal threat. I went with Clooney before the competition started and I am sticking with them. Clooney by 2

Senior Final Dunloy v Cushendall, before the competition started I went for Cushendall but given the absence of Graffin, Mark Donaghy, Dominic Delargy and big Christy I doubt if they have the strength in depth to beat Dunloy. Dunloy have looked a step above everyone else throughout the championship and are a very well oiled machine at this point. Dunloy by 4.

imtommygunn

Intermediate very interesting. Maybe cushendun by 2 for me.

Rasharkin vs Glenarm reads like Glenarm Glenravel last year. Glenarm strong favourites but you never know. I think Rasharkin may beat them.

Are cushendall missing all those ones? That's a big ask then. I wasn't massively impressed in the semi final tbh. I think Dunloy will be a good bit too strong for them.

keep her low this half

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 13, 2022, 09:05:25 AM
Intermediate very interesting. Maybe cushendun by 2 for me.

Rasharkin vs Glenarm reads like Glenarm Glenravel last year. Glenarm strong favourites but you never know. I think Rasharkin may beat them.

Are cushendall missing all those ones? That's a big ask then. I wasn't massively impressed in the semi final tbh. I think Dunloy will be a good bit too strong for them.

Graffin is definitely out, the other three limped off in the semi-final, two of them in the first half so you would have to be very doubtful of them making the final. Big Christy lasted less than 10 minutes although he was very effective in that time.

imtommygunn

I couldn't work out what happened McNaughton - either he wrecked his knee or just a hamstring.  Delargy was obviously an injury waiting to happen with the strapping and I wasn't sure if Donaghy was injured or just struggling a bit.

Dunloy for me will be too strong. Portaferry against Slaughtneil should be interesting though Eoghan Sands away travelling apparently and the boy who was sent off is suspended.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 13, 2022, 10:15:51 AM
I couldn't work out what happened McNaughton - either he wrecked his knee or just a hamstring.  Delargy was obviously an injury waiting to happen with the strapping and I wasn't sure if Donaghy was injured or just struggling a bit.

Dunloy for me will be too strong. Portaferry against Slaughtneil should be interesting though Eoghan Sands away travelling apparently and the boy who was sent off is suspended.

Slaughtneil will win Ulster handy enough especially if Glen beat them in the football

imtommygunn

Dunloy will eventually beat them. You could be right though as maybe a bit early.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 13, 2022, 10:54:44 AM
Dunloy will eventually beat them. You could be right though as maybe a bit early.

Yeah I thought they would have last year, but dont get that feeling this year

imtommygunn

They have seemed to get lessons in those games. Nigel Elliot a big addition this year for Dunloy thi syear but they just don't seem to have ever adapted to how Slaughtneil play aside from that.

Milltown Row2

Whoever wins on Sunday will have to approach S'neil differently to previous years, they have not had a bitta bother in the games against the Antrim Champions..

S'neil have physicality, skill, speed and knowhow.. The Antrim winners need to match and better that, certainly skill isn't a problem matched and bettered all over the pitch, speed, Dunloy have that, Cushendall possibly lacking that, physicality Cushendall can match S'niel Dunloy are getting there..

The knowhow is how to get over the line when it gets tight and some players in Dunloy and Cushendall have that in Ulster but all the players at S'neil have it, can't underestimate the managers in all of this too McShane has proven to be very good when he has a team that wants to work hard.. great panel of men at Cushendall with Brian at the helm, and Dick has all the experience of playing and managing too..

Portaferry will put up a better show to what Ballycran did last year, but will fall short..

Who's best to play S'niel?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2022, 01:58:28 PM
Whoever wins on Sunday will have to approach S'neil differently to previous years, they have not had a bitta bother in the games against the Antrim Champions..

S'neil have physicality, skill, speed and knowhow.. The Antrim winners need to match and better that, certainly skill isn't a problem matched and bettered all over the pitch, speed, Dunloy have that, Cushendall possibly lacking that, physicality Cushendall can match S'niel Dunloy are getting there..

The knowhow is how to get over the line when it gets tight and some players in Dunloy and Cushendall have that in Ulster but all the players at S'neil have it, can't underestimate the managers in all of this too McShane has proven to be very good when he has a team that wants to work hard.. great panel of men at Cushendall with Brian at the helm, and Dick has all the experience of playing and managing too..

Portaferry will put up a better show to what Ballycran did last year, but will fall short..

Who's best to play S'niel?

Probably a fair assessment there although I do think Portaferry are a coming team with plenty of pace but little or no physicality barring one or two players.

The two Sand's influence in their scoring has dropped as the year has went on, they don't suit soft pitches and close attention which they'll get in spades with SN.

The lad who got the straight red will probably be available as it's a different competition I believe but I don't he'd be a big loss anyway and I don't see who's going to win them possession in their forwards in the air when space is tight the way SN play.

Irrespective of who wins out in Antrim and obviously Dunloy have timed their training to peak about now (as I thought they were poor in the league)I think SN will be too much for them and due to their physique Cushendall are probably better suited to winter hurling and could cause SN more problems, but they'd need some of those names carrying injuries back in the fold.

It's wee Mickey and the Slaughtneil lads Ulster to lose IMO.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I watched the Derry final. Everyone was out in second half. Rogers brought them to another level. Shane McGuigan was excellent

Jonkunlon

Dunloy will catch Slaughtneil this year. They've been around the block enough times at this stage and know what they need to do differently. They've better stick men than Slaughtneil. Cushendall is the perfect preparation for them.