Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkunlon

On two occasions in the 1st half, some distance apart, we were +11 points clear. Between those periods I think Kerry got it to a 4 point differential before we upped it again.. The 2nd half was of course a different matter.

Our attacking team play was superior and I think we were a much better team. We were probably guilty of complacency. We were 4 up with seconds remaining.

Baile an tuaigh

My feelings on it were Kerry got alot of buttery frees and a non penalty when Antrim were surging ahead. Perhaps a case of the reff trying to let it not be to one sided.

The free we got of young McKiernan was never a free either in fairness.

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 06, 2022, 06:28:04 PM
My feelings on it were Kerry got alot of buttery frees and a non penalty when Antrim were surging ahead. Perhaps a case of the reff trying to let it not be to one sided.

I agree with both these thoughts. Was never a penalty and was never a free on Daniel. He was as surprised as the rest of us.

marty34

Quote from: Jonkunlon on June 06, 2022, 06:34:27 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 06, 2022, 06:28:04 PM

I agree with both these thoughts. Was never a penalty and was never a free on Daniel. He was as surprised as the rest of us.

I saw this happen a few times in games.

Player falls over/trips over and then stops for a few seconds.

Play seems to freeze for a few seconds and then referee awards a free.

No fault on referee but just seems he thinks it's a free when it's not.

bystander

Tickets all away for the Cork match? Ticketmaster website seems to be saying none available.

Saffrongael

Quote from: bystander on June 07, 2022, 06:08:04 PM
Tickets all away for the Cork match? Ticketmaster website seems to be saying none available.

Yeah have been for a while I think. Only 4000 odd capacity

£22 to stand in the car park, sorry I mean the "south terrace"
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 07, 2022, 06:10:47 PM

Is it not 3, 700?

I presume the players get tickets for their families plus officials etc. then it's cut down again to 3, 500 I'd say.

Was any released through the clubs or because it was a qualifier match, it all went through an open system?

Saffrongael

Quote from: marty34 on June 07, 2022, 06:18:36 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 07, 2022, 06:10:47 PM

Is it not 3, 700?

I presume the players get tickets for their families plus officials etc. then it's cut down again to 3, 500 I'd say.

Was any released through the clubs or because it was a qualifier match, it all went through an open system?

Was Ticketmaster at 12pm today, juvenile tickets went very quickly
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

breakingball

few strange results in div2 tonight

carryduff winning away to carey
gort beating ahoghill

Saffrongael

Quote from: breakingball on June 08, 2022, 10:35:34 PM

gort beating ahoghill

Div 2 in football and hurling very competitive, no outstanding team in Div 2 hurling

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 08, 2022, 10:38:32 PM

gort beating ahoghill

Div 2 in football and hurling very competitive, no outstanding team in Div 2 hurling

Carey have won 7 in a row before this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2022, 10:40:27 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 08, 2022, 10:38:32 PM

gort beating ahoghill

Carey have won 7 in a row before this

With an average winning margin of probably 4 or 5 points I would say, they are probably a bit better than the rest but not by much

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Hard to judge , Dungannon could be best team in it when they have no county distractions

ck

Was at a Div 2 game tonight. A team that shall remain nameless had 15 players and no subs. Man off after 15mins injured. Played remainder with 14men and lost narrowly. Apparently a lot of lads have upped sticks and heading to US for the summer. Hard to blame them.

ck

gort beating ahoghill

Gort beating Ahoghill is a huge shock. Start of the Gort fight to stay up?