Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Must be down Glensman, I cant access the site either.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

I still cant get into it, comes up as done but the page is blank  >:(

Square Ball

I am a blow in to Down born in Cushendall, long story

Square Ball

Glensman

Yes please...Div 3 as well Hardstation. Thanks.

Its not the website, its the computer at work. Lets me access the site grand but not the fixtures/tables section.

Thanks

Glensman

Cheers Hardstation.

Anyone clarify what the story is with promotion/relegation then?
Thanks.
Full of requests today.

theskull1

Quote from: hardstation on October 15, 2007, 08:33:56 PM
Bottom down, top up - end of story.
The bold bit is the moderator's reply.
Skull has some rows with them. They are cheeky feckers though!
;D
Cheeky arrogant feckers they are.........who, because they always have the power to have the final say, try and make you look as big a tube as possible without ever having a proper debate. I like to think I'm planting seeds but I'm not so sure the minds are fertile.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Glensman

Have to say that's a pretty poor reply from them.

On reading the website people have been asking for weeks about what the promotion/relegation status is. Its obviously pretty important to some people with the fear of relegation looming and potential promotion.

They come back with that one liner "Bottom down, top up - end of story.". I have made simple suggestions/asked questions on there in the past and been shot down, told to go to a part of the website that doesn't exist/doesn't work or told off in a manner my mother wouldn't even contemplate. Its a decent site but I can't be arsed asking questions on there any more.
They have the power to veto comments and pick and choose which they let one. They appear to let all on (and of course will come back with the "we are fair" line) but then immediately dismiss/belittle the posters. They could use a bit more common sense, not let some posts through and then answer in a non condescending manner. It would make the guestbook alot better and would avoid entering into Hoganstand-esque debate. Those who don't have serious suggestions/make personal remarks would lose interest quickly enough.

Thanks for the answers to the queries Hardstation - you are my new go to man for queries. Please feel free to tell me off if they are silly - I am used to it now.

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on October 15, 2007, 06:54:20 PM
Figures = Played and Points
Dunloy  10  18
Loughgiel Shamrocks  9  17
Portaferry  11  14
Ballycastle  11  13
Cushendall  10  12
Ballygalget  9  11
St. Johns  10  11
St. Galls  10  9
Glenariff  10  8
Rossa  8  5
Ballycran  10  4
Lamh Dhearg  8  2
Sarsfields  8  0

We've another two points in the bag since the paddies never turned up on saturday. 
Only Rossa and Ballycran left for us.

Balboa

Have youse ever dipped your toe into the North Antrim Website? In particular the Admin replies, they are comedy gold, sometimes i think an 8 year old looks after that site.

theskull1

Quote from: Balboa on October 16, 2007, 09:23:22 AM
Have youse ever dipped your toe into the North Antrim Website? In particular the Admin replies, they are comedy gold, sometimes i think an 8 year old looks after that site.

It would seem that the Antrim and N Antrim admins swam in the same gene pool. They do let a lot of shite to get posted up on the N Antrim site
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Balboa

I see we are down to play Rossa this Sunday in league, then finishing off our campaign with Lamh Dhearg in November. In fairness these games couldnt have been played any earlier as ourselves and Rossa were in the Antrim Final, oh shit thats right we werent........Im sure there is a good reason though.

milltown row

i'm going to hit the antrim board in a minute as they have fixed us, get this, for senior football and div 3 on saturday and on sunday we have senior hurling and reserve.

what is the rush now in getting the games completed? our lads on the 4th of november are trying to represent antrim in the ulster (as is dunloy on both fronts, fair play) football championship and they have us fixed in for a double over this weekend. we have at least 10 players who play for both teams, starters i may add for the senior football team.

i think it's about time they had a one way league for the football. there are only about 6 clubs which are single codes the rest play both at some level. for a county that is shite at football we persist with football overload and we are getting worse at it.

beware what you say about the county website as they have people reading this site all the time

ogruairi

milltown row - we're playing you guys up in milltown on sunday. Have you heard what time the match is at? Hope we can fix it for a decent time and maybe catch the Dun/Cran match afterwards.

milltown row

games are at 1.30 and and 3.00pm

think ballycran played their match and will be beaten by 7/8 points this weekend