Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 11, 2017, 09:42:02 AM
Quote from: saffron123 on September 11, 2017, 09:34:18 AM
Terrible conditions yesterday but Cushendall deserved the win. Couldnt believe Loughgiel allowed Eoghan Campbell to sit back in front of the full back line with no1 marking him. he cleared serious ball and thats were they got most of their scores from. should have been pushing up on him especially in the last 10/15 minutes! McGill very accurate with ball in hand, him and McManus both hit some big scores in the second half.

McGill was very good yesterday, won alot of dirty ball. David Kearney was my MOTM, he was superb!  Thought Skinny was good yesterday, kept a tight lid on it although there wasn't a dirty stroke. That point that was flagged wide could of came back to bite him!

Kearney was the pick of both teams, had a seriously strong game.

Was a strange game in a lot of ways but the better team did win. The 'point' that wasnt was a wide, correct decision reached in the end.

Na Glinntí Glasa

thought that we played well despite BC being poor. The game was effectively over at half time and even with the wind behind them in the second half Ballycastle couldn't get going at all. Happy with our performance and what subs we brought on all played well and contributed to the performance.

That being said we will need a big performance to beat Cdall. They have a superb defence though up front they struggled against that Lgiel defence. Its has all the buildings for a great final.

Honestly imo we start as outsiders but im quietly confident that we can win it. Its all dependant on everyone playing well on the day.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Terrible conditions yesterday but Cushendall deserved the win. Couldnt believe Loughgiel allowed Eoghan Campbell to sit back in front of the full back line with no1 marking him. he cleared serious ball and thats were they got most of their scores from. should have been pushing up on him especially in the last 10/15 minutes! McGill very accurate with ball in hand, him and McManus both hit some big scores in the second half.

McGill was very good yesterday, won alot of dirty ball. David Kearney was my MOTM, he was superb!  Thought Skinny was good yesterday, kept a tight lid on it although there wasn't a dirty stroke. That point that was flagged wide could of came back to bite him!

The referee was right behind the ball, spoke to his umpires and to be fair the Cushendall line never complained that much, good call, plus he was closer and had a much better view than most experts on here

Refereeing was very good, impressed with the talking to players and the game flowed considering the conditions... very professional
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2017, 10:11:39 AM

The referee was right behind the ball, spoke to his umpires and to be fair the Cushendall line never complained that much, good call, plus he was closer and had a much better view than most experts on here

Refereeing was very good, impressed with the talking to players and the game flowed considering the conditions... very professional

I was right behind it and I still maintain it was a point! lol

Na Glinntí Glasa

I though he did a great job yday. very tough physical game played in poor conditions and he handled it really well.

Fionntan did the same on sat in our game. Probably fav to get the final now?
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 11, 2017, 10:17:06 AM

On the pitch? you play for Loughgiel or the Dall?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Sure the umpires didn't know if it was over
Maybe some of the experts on here where in line with ball flight and the post
DD waved it wide and confusion reined
Skinny couldn't give it then
I thought it was over but no harm as it didn't impact the result
It's no biggy
Officials did well on both matches
Funniest moment the ref telling shorty he was playing the wrong way when he wasn't

Looking forward to final
Best defensive team against our forwards
Hope it dries up a bit as it will suit us better
I think cushendall will deploy sweeper breezy or not
They look like Waterford at the minute
Very light on good forwards so nullify opponents forwards and build from the back

Cushendall are quite rightly favourite but I still think we could win this
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2017, 09:01:24 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2017, 08:39:32 AM
I dunno about you but i'd feel a bit hard done by if I was told I was in a relegation play off before any games were played ;D

I just find those posts daft! the league was won and lost over all the games not the last one, if you've played yourself into that position then that's that.. Looking at the result of that game there was 3 points in it, so did that 'point' make a difference after all? also their head to head with Armoy also sealed their fate
They are probably hoping the possible proposal to keep Ballycastle in Division 1 will get through. For me I would be completely against it. No more tinkering. At the end of the season each team reaps what they sow over the entire season. St.Johns proposed the same last year and never got a look in however they have done it the right way and will be back where they belong next year.
Statements like "it would be awful for Antrim hurling if Ballycastle are not in Division 1." are ridiculous.
If it goes forward it will be interesting if the principle of merit prevails over politics.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2017, 10:30:14 AM

I was right behind the flight of the ball on the terrace. I had a perfect view of it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 11, 2017, 10:35:22 AM

I was right behind the flight of the ball on the terrace. I had a perfect view of it.

Well I'm looking a good man with great sight for Sat, see you at Glenariffe

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2017, 10:36:39 AM

Time? I'm already on duty on Saturday!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 11, 2017, 10:38:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2017, 10:36:39 AM

Time? I'm already on duty on Saturday!

It says 5 pm but I'm not entirely sure!

NAG1

LG posters gone very quiet, just wondering does yesterday signal a bit of a changing of the guard now.

I cant see a few of their older lads going for another year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on September 11, 2017, 10:49:56 AM
LG posters gone very quiet, just wondering does yesterday signal a bit of a changing of the guard now.

I thought Loughgiel didn't play as well as they could but could have got a draw, maybe on a drier day the result could have been different, as their handling in the first half was poor for their standard?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2017, 10:54:23 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 11, 2017, 10:49:56 AM

I thought Loughgiel didn't play as well as they could but could have got a draw, maybe on a drier day the result could have been different, as their handling in the first half was poor for their standard?

Agreed
There greasy ball handling was below their usual standard
LG thrive on space even from the puck outs
A mixture of wind and Dall tight marking and sweeper cancelled out their customary 4 to 6 points from puc outs
Dall had their homework done for sure
And wouldn't let them settle
Great tackling picking up the spare man
Conditions suited them better
I would be hoping for a fast dry pitch for the final
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets